• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wigglytuff~ Wigglytuff~ Yoom...TAH!

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
Years
  • So, anyone who has played the Mystery Dungeon series knows the wonderful character known as Wigglytuff, who has taken part in all the MD games since Red Rescue Team. This unforgettable character has been the vendor of friend areas and then the leader of a unique rescue guild.

But the question is, what is your favorite thing about Wigglytuff in Mystery Dungeon? Favorite line? Favorite moment?

Personally, I adore the dramatic earthquakes that happen when Wigglytuff is about to cry.

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • "Perfect Apple ! Perfect Apple ! :)"
    I lol so hard at these !
    I've always been a fan of the funny, yet smart Wigglytuff. I've always wanted to find out more about his past while I was playing EoD and EoS unceovered it. (Armaldo ftw !)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Wigglytuff is a badass. And it made me find love for Igglybuff in the secret mission on EotS. I forget the line that it is, but there was something that made me laugh...oh well.

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
    Years
  • LOL ^^ what i want to know is how he became the leader of a famous explorer guild...

"Oh I know! Are you trying to make me laugh with funny faces? I wanna play~"
    "Blap bleep blop bloo bep bee bloop! Blab bleeboo blap boop!"

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • A major question is how did he go from the land of Explorers of Time/Darkness (the fact that Magnezone was present during his childhood implies that he spent his childhood in the continent that Treasure Town is located) to Red/Blue rescue team's land as a merchant and back again to become guild leader? Wailord/Lapras transport?

Wiggly has had so many memorable moments, I can't really list a favorite, but my signature should have something from him...

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I was thrilled to learn Wigglytuff's past. Even as a child, he was super fearless and adventurous! The whole deal with Armaldo was emotional, but I'm glad Wigglytuff got to experience all of that with him. Wigglytuff was definitely a memorable character.

cynical_terror

тѳӎѳяяѳw is вяiҩнтзя
    Years
  • I just love how random he is. He's adorable. He makes me laugh so much. The earthquakes were definitely awesome. And the funny face avatar had me laughing. XD

I love when the Perfect Apple bounces out from the side and in front of Team Skull and there's a little "Perfect Apple!~ Perfect Apple!~" The first time I saw it, I thought it was the apple announcing its presence before I realized it was actually Wigglytuff.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    A major question is how did he go from the land of Explorers of Time/Darkness (the fact that Magnezone was present during his childhood implies that he spent his childhood in the continent that Treasure Town is located) to Red/Blue rescue team's land as a merchant and back again to become guild leader? Wailord/Lapras transport?

We can only assume the guild wigglytuff is in no way conencted to the friend area wigglytuff. Maybe "Yoom-Tah" is a common saying for wigglytuffs when performing certain tasks.

cynical_terror

тѳӎѳяяѳw is вяiҩнтзя
    Years
  • I think the way that he pwns Team Skull is more or less equivalent to the shock value of a Magikarp using a critical-hit Hyper Beam against a lv. 100 Pokemon and having it faint. XD He seems to be underestimated quite a lot. But Wigglytuff can be powerful Pokemon as long as they're raised right, so I'm not too surprised.

The only thing that surprises me is how he can go from "bleep bloop blahh" to beating the crap out of Team Skull. XD

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • My favorite moment with Wigglytuff is after the selection part for the expedition when they are splitting up into teams. I think it goes as follows:

Chatot:...and Wigglytuff and I will travel as our own group.(he says something else after this. I can't remember what it is.)

Wigglytuff: Aw! I have to go with Chatot? That is soo boring!

Chatot: Please understand. This is a key element in our strategy.

Wigglytuff:...Meanie.

There's a couple hundred other moments that had me laughing too. Wigglytuff is hilarious and adorable!

AuraGaurdian

Protector of auras
    Years
  • in mystifying forest after bidoof acadentilly removes the cover over the pitfall trap:

Wigglytuff:uhhhhhh.......
    Partner:wigglytuff is that you? whats going on here?

*Chatot tells bidoof off*

Partner: seriously wigglytuff whats going on?

Wigglytu...uh I mean grand master of all things bad:whos......Wigglytuff?

Partner:WHA?

Chato....uh I mean minion:Ummmmmm....YES who is it you speak of we are the grand masters minions!!!

Minion(sunflora):yes I dont know a pokemon called sunflora or anything.

Minon(corphish):HEY HEY HEY!

Partner:.........

*Wigllytuff and guild members battle and we cream them*

Wigglytuff:.........RUN AWAY!!!

minions:AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I then continue on to find the treasure.....A perfect apple.

this entire scene had me loling and wondering wth was going the whole time :P

WIGGLYTUFF RULES!!!

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Definitely love him beating up Team Skull.

I also like some of the Wigglytuff parts from around when you have to get Perfect Apples from Apple Woods, but Team Skull interferes.

Chatot: If the Guildmaster doesn't get his Perfect Apples then he'll... erk! (then changes the subject)

And then after you fail to get them:

Wigglytuff: That's ok. I'll make do with the ones in the storage.
    Chatot: All the ones in storage were eaten. So our total number of Perfect Apples is... uh... none.
    Wigglytuff. ...Oh.
    -earthquake starts-

I can't remember the exact words after this, but Wigglytuff gets upset, and for some reason Chatot tells you and your partner to cover your ears. But then the whole thing stops when Team Skull walks in and gives him a Perfect Apple.

I also laughed when he fell asleep with his eyes open during the briefing.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Really, everything about the Guildmaster makes me love him. He's the reason Wiggytuff is my favourite Pokemon. XD
    To be honest, I love his relationship with everyone, really. Especially Chatot. Their relationship is kinda funny, because sometimes Wiggly finds Chatot annoying and cuts him off, and Chatot's scared to death of his temper, but when Chatot's in danger he's so loving and caring. He's a completely different Pokemon - and then he reverts back to his enigmatic self.

I can never tell if he's actually angry, though. Even when he's exploding the place for one reason or another, I never think he's angry. Just upset, you know?

Ah, good old enigmatic Wigglytuff. May he live for ever. < 3

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • He loves those Big Apples. =P And I like when earthquakes start when he is about to cry. xDD

BlueEevee

Eevee Master
    Years
  • I love the part where Team Charm visits and Wigglytuff forgot about the key and then they take out the apple and then he knows where it is, also when he puts the apple on his head

Back