• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Honestly, I'm pretty content with what North America gets on PS+. Admittedly, I've never really looked at Japan or other country's offerings, but I've still only played a handful of the games that have come out for PS+ despite a large number of them being of interest to me. All those games plus the ones I already buy for myself? I don't have nearly enough time to get through them. If there were even more games available, I'd probably just look at them and never play ANY of them because it would be too overwhelming to know where to start. :P

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I never renewed my PS+ subscription after the few months I got with my Vita. My backlog is huge already without getting the "free" monthly games each month, and I'd much rather own my games than pay for what's basically a long-term rental.

TY

I never got PS+ untill the major PSN crash and never sought to renew it either. I'm not so keen on PS+ haha.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I have it for a year, though it bothers me that many of the games that become free I already own (usually on the PC), especially if it's a game I really wanted or paid for already (Virtue's Last Reward, Shadow of the Colossus, Disgaea 3, etc.) But it's been worth it in my case. I generally don't buy PS+ at full price, and I've gotten some pretty good discounts for games I want with it, so I've never really felt that I wasn't getting what I paid for.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    ...Beware, though...if you look at the Japanese PS+, you may be susceptible to large fits of jealousy.
    Why? There's nothing easier than buying a few (okay, few isn't the right word) JP PSN cards, buy PS+ and you don't need to feel jealous =D

I heard you guys at NA got it rough though. :x
    NA pretty much gets the same as we do... just month before us.

I have PS+ and plan to renew it. Not actually because of games but because of all features that come with it. Save storage, auto updates, discounts.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    PS+ saved me cash from buying Gravity Rush (I did not like it. At all.) so I'm thankful, even though I'm generally not the luckiest with it.

Let me tell you about how I bought Infamous 2 and LBP2 together before knowing about the promotion...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Horribly dull, bad world design and atrocious mission design. Combat was pretty eh too.

One of the best Vita games? Please. Even Uncharted is better.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Eh, I didn't think it was particularly bad. It was a fun idea, and that alone works in context. Never got past the beginning, but I might give it a shot again sometime. Though, from what I played, it really does seem like an idea that could have grown far beyond the scope it was given, and even now it has the potential to be great, should the creator seek to continue the series. It felt caged, and if the action mechanics were expanded upon and the world opened up and became less restrictive, I could see something good coming out of it.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Gravity Rush looked like a good concept to me. Honestly that, Uncharted: The Golden Abyss and Virtue's Last Reward are the only games that make me want to buy a Vita.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Danganronpa is actually pretty good too.

And yeah, Gravity Rush had potential, but the hardware held it back.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Danganronpa is actually pretty good too.

And yeah, Gravity Rush had potential, but the hardware held it back.

Danganronpa actually sounds good since I'm a big fan of the Ace Attorney series (I've played all the DS ones but not Dual Destinies so far) and this actually seems similar to that.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It's actually not similar to Ace Attorney at all. The trial in Danganronpa is a completely different thing and investigations aren't as meaty as in Ace Attorney.

Don't go expecting Ac Attorney + Zero Escape going into Danganronpa, go in expecting a game that can hold its own ground. That said, it definitely isn't nearly as good as AA or ZE from a writing perspective. I found the murders to be very basic and easy to solve, but that makes it accessible to newcomers. Characters also tend to be one-dimensional save for some exceptions, you won't find someone in the caliber of Edgeworth or Gumshoe.

Cherrim

Years
    I actually keep my PS+ subscription for the extras moreso than the games, too. I've only played a handful of the games they've given me but I use the online save storage a LOT and don't mind paying even just for that. (Kinda wish they'd give more space though.)

I liked Gravity Rush. It was my first Vita game so it probably gained some points in that respect. It definitely felt a lot more like a concept example than a full-fledged game at some points but I still really enjoyed it. I liked how it was presented and I had fun with it the whole way through. It was just their insistence (iirc) on using the tilt and touch screen controls that hindered it the most. Still, for something that's been free on PS+ for like a year now, I thought it was a good game.

I do wanna try out Dangan Ronpa but it's not high on my list so I haven't picked it up yet.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I don't really plan on buying a Vita soon, so I'll be missing out on that I guess. Pretty sad that they didn't release an english version of the first game that was ported to android and iOS, would have been able to play it that way then.

Man, just reading about Gumshoe and Edgeworth makes me sad about the fact that Ace Attorney Investigations 2 wasn't localized. :(

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Is the PS Vita worth buying? Just curious as it's a system that I've overlooked, and was wondering if there were any good portable games on there that are worth getting.

Cherrim

Years
    ...not... really....

I mean I love my Vita and I still have quite a few things to play on it, but I barely touch the thing. It's a gorgeous console but there just isn't enough to play on it in the North American market. :( As much as I'd love to see it get more sales and get more support, there are better things for you to spend your money on.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Is the PS Vita worth buying? Just curious as it's a system that I've overlooked, and was wondering if there were any good portable games on there that are worth getting.
    There's the inclusion of most of the PSP library (take that as you will, but I've found a number of gems on it). Aside from that, I've sunken incredible amounts of time into Persona 4, which is still my favorite game on that console (Partly because I played VLR on the 3DS, but it'd definitely rival Persona 4). Apart from that, there's DanganRonpa and Dragon's Crown, both of which I hear are good, Assassin's Creed Liberation, which is good if you're a fan of AC, and Muramasa, a beautiful ARPG that I definitely recommend. Tearaway, if Spino's word is anything to go by, is a must buy. Oh, and The Walking Dead. Great game, but I'm not so sure about the Vita version, only because I haven't played it. LBP, too.

Then it gets niche, and that's where things get iffy. There's Danball Senki, Disgaea, Plenty of Fighters, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Sorcery Saga, Ys, Gravity Rush, Rhythm games,etc. There's definitely something here for you, but how much depends on what you're into, and it could very easily be not much, especially as the Vita currently stands. So...maybe. It all depends on your interests. Though it might be best to just give it some time.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Any console is worth buying. It just depends on your taste.

Just check out the games that catch your eyes. If there are at least five you want, then I don't see the problem.

A PS4 or especially a PS3 would be a better investment, however.

Tearaway the best

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back