• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Currently, I'd say no. It still has a lot to work out...though it was in December and, given that it's Early Access, probably has evolved since then. But regardless, I would say that you should, at the very least, wait for a sale. It's a neat idea and the game's not bad, but in the state that I played it in, it certainly wasn't a game that was worth...$20, was it?
It's 30 for the most basic package. I've been watching Sips play it on YT and it looks like it's in a good state, I just don't know if it's worth that much or not. But I want it bad enough and will probably wind up forking out the money haha.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
It's 30 for the most basic package. I've been watching Sips play it on YT and it looks like it's in a good state, I just don't know if it's worth that much or not. But I want it bad enough and will probably wind up forking out the money haha.
$30? Yeesh. That's really a high price tag. In that case I'd definitely say no, especially because the Summer Sale's not far off.

...But you seem pretty sure of yourself on this. If you, and because of that, I say go for it. But no regrets if you really do go for it. It will get cheaper not too far off, so be sure of what you're buying if you really are getting it at full price.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
$30? Yeesh. That's really a high price tag. In that case I'd definitely say no, especially because the Summer Sale's not far off.

...But you seem pretty sure of yourself on this. If you, and because of that, I say go for it. But no regrets if you really do go for it. It will get cheaper not too far off, so be sure of what you're buying if you really are getting it at full price.
We'll see. Thanks for the input though. I don't have the money at the moment so I have time to think about it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
The problem with Steam is that every time I buy something that isn't on sale, I feel like I'm wasting money. The temptation to wait for a smaller price is irritating.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Never knew you could mod a PSP, but then again, you could probably mod anything nowadays XD
Well... not quite. Vita, PS4 and most likely 3DS as well are pretty well protected.

I'm a longtime fan of the series, but that subscription fee's keeping me away. I'll need to either know that it's good beforehand or get a month in a sale (or a free trial). After all, it's more the price of the fee than the game being a P2P that's the problem for me.
I hate the P2P games. Especially month subscription ones.

The problem with Steam is that every time I buy something that isn't on sale, I feel like I'm wasting money. The temptation to wait for a smaller price is irritating.
Then wait and play the ones you got cheaper =D

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
It's quite funny how even games that were known for how poorly optimized the port to PC was manage to fly on the Asus G56. Even though I might not have the strongest CPU or GPU out there, turns out there's enough of them to make practically every game on earth sing.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
It's quite funny how even games that were known for how poorly optimized the port to PC was manage to fly on the Asus G56. Even though I might not have the strongest CPU or GPU out there, turns out there's enough of them to make practically every game on earth sing.
You have a higher i7 and a later 700 series. You're computer is kinda a powerhouse <_<

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years

Well... not quite. Vita, PS4 and most likely 3DS as well are pretty well protected.

Not really.

The Vita has some exploits, although they are rather limited in what can be done.

The 3DS has a flashcard out already that takes advantage of a exploit in 4.1-4.5. The flashcard has firmware spoofing to play new games as well. And it also removes region lock.

Another exploit exists for 6.3, but people are keeping that one hush hush for now.

As for the PS4, point... kinda. It's a new console, but given time someone will find a exploit for it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The 3DS has a flashcard out already that takes advantage of a exploit in 4.1-4.5. The flashcard has firmware spoofing to play new games as well. And it also removes region lock.

Another exploit exists for 6.3, but people are keeping that one hush hush for now.
Oh, that's an interesting fact... I might actually use it. =D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What is the flashcard called, though? I've been searching for a thing like that for almost the whole of last year, but couldn't find anything, sadly. ;o;

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
What is the flashcard called, though? I've been searching for a thing like that for almost the whole of last year, but couldn't find anything, sadly. ;o;
I think there's a few. The most known was called Gateway 3DS, but I can't quite remember the other few.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Damn, 4 discs? I've only seen 1 other game that had 4 discs. What does TESO need 4 discs for anyway? Skyrim and Oblivion seemed fine on just one each.
I've known a pretty good amount of multi-disc games. Granted, those are pretty much all back in the days before console games were on stuff with more capacity than a standard CD. (Save the GameCube version of Killer7, which was on two discs.)

Not quite the same, though, I guess.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years

There's a number of cards out, but most of them are crap.

The only two that are worth the money are the Gateway 3DS and MT-Card.

Gateway 3DS was the first released card, and MT is their only real competition. The other cards currently out are cheap clones.

Another card is supposedly being developed, the EVO 3DS, but not a lot is known about it at this point.

Gateway had some issues with hardware reliability in their first batches of cards - One of the connector pins wasn't properly soldered, which made updaing the card either a big pain in the ass or impossiable. And they did have some issues with their copy protection code bricking Gateway users, although realistically this was proably the result of the hardware issues with the first runs of cards.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
There's a number of cards out, but most of them are crap.

The only two that are worth the money are the Gateway 3DS and MT-Card.

Gateway 3DS was the first released card, and MT is their only real competition. The other cards currently out are cheap clones.

Another card is supposedly being developed, the EVO 3DS, but not a lot is known about it at this point.

Gateway had some issues with hardware reliability in their first batches of cards - One of the connector pins wasn't properly soldered, which made updaing the card either a big pain in the ass or impossiable. And they did have some issues with their copy protection code bricking Gateway users, although realistically this was proably the result of the hardware issues with the first runs of cards.
So is the card usable now?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
The hardware issues were just with the first runs, done in august. Other then some units from that batch, the card works fine. The issues haven't affected other runs, so as long as the card is new it will work fine.

The hardware issues didn't prevent the card from working. Even if it was one of the affected cards, it could still be used. The error just prevented you from updating the cards internal firmware, which means you wouldn't be able to use the newer software revisions.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 24, 2019
I got a question for you RPG fans. Is Bravely Default a hard game? I'm a casual gamer and the only JRPG I'm familiar with is Pokemon. Also, I'm looking for recommendations of other "casual" RPGs on the 3DS.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
It depends what difficulty you set it on, but having a class system and so on makes it really in depth and enjoyable.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
I got a question for you RPG fans. Is Bravely Default a hard game? I'm a casual gamer and the only JRPG I'm familiar with is Pokemon. Also, I'm looking for recommendations of other "casual" RPGs on the 3DS.
Bravely Default has three difficulty settings, so it can be as hard or as easy as you want it to be. As long as you use builds that compliment the job your characters are using, and using some semblance of strategy, it shouldn't be too hard with the exception of a few boss fights. The game is also littered with customization, but it's nothing too staggering.

Other RPGs on the 3DS you can try out is probably Fire Emblem: Awakening and Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. Both are very easy to get into. Awakening is pretty easy game overall, and it's casual friendly, however the game has a lot of in-depth customization that if you want to fully utilize that you might want to consult a guide for. Dream Team is a Mario RPG, the whole series aren't really hard games and they're pretty lax games in general, as there isn't a lot of in-depth mechanics.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
It looks like tomorrow I'll be getting FFX/X-2 HD. Sadly, I couldn't 100% FFX on PS2 before then, but the goddamn lightning-dodging ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ is the big obstacle, so I can pretend I still accomplished something!

Other RPGs on the 3DS you can try out is probably Fire Emblem: Awakening and Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. Both are very easy to get into. Awakening is pretty easy game overall, and it's casual friendly, however the game has a lot of in-depth customization that if you want to fully utilize that you might want to consult a guide for. Dream Team is a Mario RPG, the whole series aren't really hard games and they're pretty lax games in general, as there isn't a lot of in-depth mechanics.

FE Awakening is probably the most friendly to people who aren't serious strategy-RPG enthusiasts. It also allows you to get your units pretty strong without too much difficulty, I think?

I remember there being a level grinding spot in The Sacred Stones which I used to help slacken the tight difficulty the series is normally known for.

I can't really say a lot on Dream Team, because the only Mario RPG I've played was Legend of the Seven Stars, which was pretty easy, but a LOT of fun. Also SNES, so it doesn't have much to do with this conversation.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
FE Awakening is probably the most friendly to people who aren't serious strategy-RPG enthusiasts. It also allows you to get your units pretty strong without too much difficulty, I think?

I remember there being a level grinding spot in The Sacred Stones which I used to help slacken the tight difficulty the series is normally known for.

I can't really say a lot on Dream Team, because the only Mario RPG I've played was Legend of the Seven Stars, which was pretty easy, but a LOT of fun. Also SNES, so it doesn't have much to do with this conversation.
Yeah, Awakening and Sacred Stones are the only FE games in the series that actually allows legitimate grinding that doesn't involve an arena. It was totally unnecessary in Sacred Stones however, since Sacred Stones was incredibly easy. Even on hard mode.

Mario RPG was a great game. Easily one of my favourite SNES games. Was really fond of the button mashing and timing aspects of all the attacks of the game, glad that mechanic transferred over into the future Mario RPG games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back