• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'm thinking about getting it. Originally, I only wanted X-2, but I realized that my dislike for FFX was almost solely because of Tidus. But thanks to Duodecim I don't mind him as much, and other than some puzzles (and the lightning. Oh, the lightning), I don't remember much from when it was released that I didn't like. Plus it had To Zanarkand :q

So...I guess I'll get the collection during the sale, and probably for the PS3, since I'm running out of space on my Vita. If it's supported by the Vita TV, though, I might have to reconsider.

Also, for the one person other than me who cares: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...dow_and_light_kick_off_in_europe_on_13th_june

I'm so freaking excited, I don't think I'll be able to wait the time it'll take to make it to America, after all, we JUST got the first one, and the Go series is the only one I haven't played (though I watched it as a substitute)...though, the American version might have the better dub, looking at the original, and I really do want to see if they'll do something about the unfortunate dub name that is "Micheal Ballzack".

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I really want FFX/X-2 HD on the Vita but I can't justify spending $40 for a game I already own and a supposedly lackluster sequel. I'd grab it for $30 but I don't see it going on sale any time soon, and I have way too much else to play at this point.

Plus I can't find it for the Vita anywhere - hell, I've only seen one copy of the PS3 version on store shelves since it came out, much less the Vita version. Gamestop seems to be the only option to buy the game for the Vita, and good luck waiting for them to discount the price on it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Huh, I hadn't even considered buying it physically. I guess in that case I could use a coupon or something from gamestop and get it for less, but if I get it for Vita, I'm not sure that I want to get it that way. It'll also depend on which looks better, Console or Vita.

But I wouldn't say X-2 is lackluster. It's praised for it's battle system and has hours upon hours of things to do, so it never gets repetitive. The story's not the greatest and it can be silly at times, but once it get's into the Shuyin/Lenne plot it can actually be very compelling.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm seriously considering getting this laptop. For some reason, I'm... attracted to it. Beefy CPU, fast enough GPU, nice 1080p IPS display, great keyboard (I actually demoed it in person)... Doesn't look silly. Cheap enough to be almost within budget. I needed the free headset and backpack anyway, too. (Couldn't hurt to have more protection and be able to carry more.)

TV tuners, though? The heck? It's not like I'm going to watch TV on a 15.6" gaming laptop. Right?

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
That is a nice Laptop, but it might be cheaper if you just make your own. But if you're set on getting one and not making one, I'd go with it. It has a great GPU and a nice CPU. Heck, it's better than my gaming PC If it's for a good price, I'd go for it.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
You can't make a gaming laptop. :P Either way, I do have a dream laptop now, but I'm also looking at alternative, including those from Asus themselves, just in case I don't need all that laptop.

But it would be nice to have a really fast laptop that's still portable and familiar. Freebies that I need anyway are a bonus.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
What do you mean you can't? Of course you can. The cheapest way to get a laptop is to make one or to have one made for you. Often times people manage to cut up to a thousand dollars off the price by making their own.

The thing is, things do not work that way over here. I've checked out built-to-order laptops, and regrettably, the Asus is a better deal after ensuring hardware parity.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
The other day I discovered my old Pikachu Nintendo 64 in the garage.

And it still works!!1! Yay. So many classics like donkey kong 64 and goldeneye to play. :3

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The other day I discovered my old Pikachu Nintendo 64 in the garage.

And it still works!!1! Yay. So many classics like donkey kong 64 and goldeneye to play. :3

My N64 still works too, but it sometimes resets itself at random, which can be a pain to me, especially regarding games that require you to save.

So guys, how was the Smash Bros. Direct? All I have to say is this: prepare for some pure backlash online like you've never seen before.

TY

On a other note, I think THIS should be forbidden in video games... being so close to something is just a giant blow to your confidence.

Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
You should... And with any game you plan to purchase in future.
Vita teaches you to always buy physical copies when available =D
Currently I only have two physical Vita games (one of which was the bundled Assassin's Creed...which came with no box <_<), and I'm not really too keen on buying more that way. I'm split with my 3DS, but for the most part, though a lot of my newer games are digital as well. It's just easier for lounging, and it's much more conventional since I spend my Mon-Thurs at college and every other day at home. And it's partially because I'm pretty much completely turned off of Gamestop at this point.

After all, it's not too much of a problem, I probably won't have both of the games installed at the same time, anyway, and even if I do, I have a lot that I can delete.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
You should... And with any game you plan to purchase in future.
Vita teaches you to always buy physical copies when available =D
...how come? If anything, I think the Vita is the one console where I wish everything was digital for me. I mean, I guess I'm not a fan of how expensive the memory cards are but I don't like juggling the tiny little cartridges for Vita. I'd much rather just delete a game to make space and download it later if I want to play it again.

I guess if I still had limited bandwidth I'd be singing a different tune though.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I'm just happy that Sony changed their game formatting from those discs to the DS-like chips. I can't even tell you how many times my PSP games broke because of the horrible durability of those disc gases; that was bad quality design management in my opinion.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
I haven't had a single PSP disc break. And I'm kind of surprised by that, because they feel incredibly light, cheap and flimsy.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Honestly I didn't understand how PSP games worked the first time I got my PSP and kept trying to open the case to get the little disc out and mine still didn't break. So I'm surprised to hear that they could, in a way.

But I'm glad they chose a different form of media too. I hated the disc reading noise that the PSP made.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
When I got my PSP I actually broke the first game I had not realizing the disk was meant to be in the case. Glad for sure its gone but I mostly get Digital downloads on VIta and DS, So much easier to keep safe and know were they are.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
My UMDs sound like nails on a chalkboard when I go to use them. It really makes me wonder why I even got Dissidia Final Fantasy if I can't even play it.
Yeah, good point. There aren't many systems that exactly run quiet, but when my PSP is spinning its disc up, it makes a truly horrendous shredding sound, like the surface is going to be sanded off.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I haven't had a single PSP disc break. And I'm kind of surprised by that, because they feel incredibly light, cheap and flimsy.
Me neither.
Because I haven't had any xD

...how come? If anything, I think the Vita is the one console where I wish everything was digital for me. I mean, I guess I'm not a fan of how expensive the memory cards are but I don't like juggling the tiny little cartridges for Vita. I'd much rather just delete a game to make space and download it later if I want to play it again.

I guess if I still had limited bandwidth I'd be singing a different tune though.
Especially because of what you said.
Downloading - deleting and downloading again is a big pain in my opinion.
It may be because I play one game, complete it and go to another so changing cartridges is not a problem for me.
But I still think more space you can save the better =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back