• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There was really no need for it, though. The Wii was pretty much always a cheap option and a great gift choice, and it was an incredibly popular system to boot. However, as time went on, Wii's sales slowed, mainly because...well, everyone had one. The Wii Mini was a sort of push to get those who didn't already have a Wii to get one.

Oh, okay; makes sense. :] Still wondering why they'd waited this long to release it in US and Europe, though, haha. Probably gotta be related to manufacturing?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I want a cheap Wii U mini sort of thing since I really want to play Wii U games but I'm not willing to buy a Wii U... probably ever.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Oh, okay; makes sense. :] Still wondering why they'd waited this long to release it in US and Europe, though, haha. Probably gotta be related to manufacturing?
    I think it was released in the US first iirc

And, the Wii U is overpriced, yes. the tablet inflates things. I picked mine up on a price error, which worked out well. Nice and cheap

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Wait, it doesn't play Wii U games? =.= Kay, never mind. I guess I'll wait for another potential price drop for the Wii U or something...I really want that game though >_<

It does look really good

Stay on the hunt for price errors. That's what I did. Picked up the bundle with Mario & Luigi games for about $120. It is overpriced, but it is a good system. I like everything I've played so far and I'm looking forward to more. And tablet play is also really handy

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I want a cheap Wii U mini sort of thing since I really want to play Wii U games but I'm not willing to buy a Wii U... probably ever.
    So you really want this system because you really want to play the games it has but you're not willing to buy said system ever because...?

I don't get this, it's not like there's any shame in getting the system, so why?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • So you really want this system because you really want to play the games it has but you're not willing to buy said system ever because...?

I don't get this, it's not like there's any shame in getting the system, so why?
    It was just because of the price, no shame involved.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Game systems for me are so often in that range where I can afford it but I don't want to because dropping that much money on one thing makes me feel bad. Hopefully when I get a job and have more money to blow I'll be able to talk myself into spending some on game systems and games.

Years
  • I honestly miss playing Nintendo games because the last system I had was the GameCube, but that's rarely been used ever since like 5 years ago :c Specifically The Legend of Zelda, Mario Party, and Mario Kart series ;;

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • This is where it helps to have a mostly mainstream sibling. My bro, for practically as long as he's had an income, has always bought the Sony and Microsoft systems, with me focusing on buying Nintendo consoles and handhelds, as well as PC. It's nice, because though I don't really care for the Xbone or PS4, I at least have the benefit of playing the odd console exclusive that I actually want on there.

Years
  • I should try that! Except neither my sister, and I are interested in anything, but the Sony consoles ;; It's just the odd one or two games on the Nintendo systems that we like playing, but that hasn't interested us enough to jump on the bandwagon.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • That reminds me, I used to play with Sony consoles, PSone to be exact, it was fun good old times {XD}. Even though I'm often playing with Nintendo handhelds like 3DS now, I missed playing using PSone, this console have some good games that I enjoy!

Years
  • Some of the nostalgic PS games that I watched my sister play were Legend of Legaia, Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve series, and Final Fantasy. Those were great RPGs back then, and I'm looking into buying a few of the ones that we don't already own back through eBay (: I never got the chance to play them myself since my sister regrettably sold them before I was old enough >>;;

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've always wanted to get myself a PSOne system (doesn't really matter if they're old or not), but it's impossible to find any within a good price range and condition. ): Have played some of its games on my computer before via emulator, but it just doesn't give you the same, exact experience.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • My grandma still has her Psone aand since she never plays it it still looks like it's brand new out of the box. She only has 9 games though; Frogger, Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Crash Bandicoot 2, Rayman, Spyro, 101 Dalmatians, Scrabble, Life, and one other game that I can't remember.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've always wanted to get myself a PSOne system (doesn't really matter if they're old or not), but it's impossible to find any within a good price range and condition. ): Have played some of its games on my computer before via emulator, but it just doesn't give you the same, exact experience.

You could make it work, but you'd have to get a USB PS1 controller (~$20) and an HDMI cord to hook up a laptop to an HDTV. Then you can plug in the controller, put the laptop on the TV, and have an experience JUST like you were playing a PS1.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017

eh? where have you been looking? must be a different story in the states, but over here there are PS1 everywhere and they are not worth anything.

I know it feels cool playing one, hearing the startup sound is the best; but whenever I break mine out it quickly loses the novelty and I decide to just play it on the emulator instead using the setup Oryx mentioned. Better graphic display, less likely to freeze, less likely to get a corrupted save or something like that.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • You could make it work, but you'd have to get a USB PS1 controller (~$20) and an HDMI cord to hook up a laptop to an HDTV. Then you can plug in the controller, put the laptop on the TV, and have an experience JUST like you were playing a PS1.
    Depending on emulator and laptop's processing ability...
    Emulator could start getting low framerate due to weak processing and it wouldn't be like on PS1 =D

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    You could make it work, but you'd have to get a USB PS1 controller (~$20) and an HDMI cord to hook up a laptop to an HDTV. Then you can plug in the controller, put the laptop on the TV, and have an experience JUST like you were playing a PS1.

There are USB PS1 controllers? I've seen PS2, but I thought that PS1 were at least slightly different? I know there are USB converters for PS1/N64/Dreamcast controllers and the like.. I dunno, I haven't actually held one since I was about 8 or 9.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    There are USB PS1 controllers? I've seen PS2, but I thought that PS1 were at least slightly different? I know there are USB converters for PS1/N64/Dreamcast controllers and the like.. I dunno, I haven't actually held one since I was about 8 or 9.

Yeah I meant a PS2 controller which isn't changed enough from a PSX controller for me to see any appreciable reason not to use it. A converter is even cheaper.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back