• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    What Is Soft Rest On R4i Sdhc 3ds Card?

I got mine r4i sdhc 3ds card from r43dsgamer.co.uk.
    But I found a question, in r4i card setting menu, when you select a game, press X, it show you an option: soft reset on and off. I have no idea what this is for. Can you give me some useful information?

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • There's a certain button combination you can press that will restart the game, without having to turn the console off. I haven't used the card in years and mine was for the regular DS, so I don't really remember what it was anymore. You could probably just find the combination off google.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I'm just waiting for the next JRPG that will glaze my eyes over.
    There are a lot coming out this year. SAO: Hollow Fragment, Fantasy Life (Which is currently my most anticipated title), Persona Q, Tales of Xillia 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth, and Disgaea 4- among others. Quite a bit to choose from.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

• This might not actually be the case.
    Most people play HDN for cute girls. Dangan also has cute girls. =D
    Cute girls don't carry a game. If they really just wanted cute girls, they'd just watch the anime. As such, there has to be more holding them to the game.

It's kinda like playing Dead or Alive solely for the women. You can, but you'd be better off just playing the Extreme/Paradise games.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It's not like Danganronpa nor Neptunia are games that actually sell lots.

Granted, Danganronpa did well to justify the sequel, but I'm sure it's because of the audience that like Ace Attorney/999 (why I bought the game) and not the "cute girls". Still not much, though.

Years
  • Cute girls don't carry a game. If they really just wanted cute girls, they'd just watch the anime. As such, there has to be more holding them to the game.

It's kinda like playing Dead or Alive solely for the women. You can, but you'd be better off just playing the Extreme/Paradise games.

Hmm...Too bad those seem to be PS Vita games. ;_;

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Has anyone saw the P.T from the new Silent Hill? Damn, the whole atmosphere its just freaking scary o_O

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Has anyone saw the P.T from the new Silent Hill? Damn, the whole atmosphere its just freaking scary o_O

Yes! Very scary and thrilling. I watched someone demo it and the atmosphere is hauntingly good. I could probably never play it because I get bad anxiety and refuse to move down halls in games like that, haha. I bought Amnesia and have not even gotten through a single door in the game because it gave me the heebie-jeebies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Cute girls don't carry a game. If they really just wanted cute girls, they'd just watch the anime. As such, there has to be more holding them to the game.
    You never know ;)
    And anime is limited, game offer more scenes (unless the anime is long running like some shounen series).
    If you compare 3 HDN to anime, you would see that even the first had more animated scenes (in terms of pure time) than anime =)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    *sigh*Lets all sit in silence for a moment as yet another company decides to drown itself in poorly thought out monetization schemes. They were a good company, nay a GREAT company, with potential to wow us, being composed of great talent, mostly those who did Timesplitters. Yes Crytek could have had it all, but their need for money is big apparently, and thus the need to do this has arisen. Surely logic will dictate the consumers, and let them die slowly, without the uneeded sight of them rising again thanks to this.....game, for not a lack of words, but out of respect for these poor, misguided souls. You shall be missed, when and if you guys finally disband. My heart goes out to all the employees not for a lack of being paid, but for having to sit down and make this **** while being mistreated as humans. *sigh*Here's the Funeral Dirge, known as Arena of fates, and it looks like Crytek's fate isn't the one coming out alive.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAmenVEgGNQ

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • You never know ;)
    And anime is limited, game offer more scenes (unless the anime is long running like some shounen series).
    If you compare 3 HDN to anime, you would see that even the first had more animated scenes (in terms of pure time) than anime =)
    I'm talking animation, not animated sprites talking to each other.

This isn't even on point. All I'm saying is that a system filled with games that fill a specific niche but few games for each specific one is far from accessible, and a game that prides itself on cute characters alone is doomed to failure. Sure, there may be people out there who are sold on just cute characters alone, but they aren't going to be enough of a majority to make a game successful.

In fact, the creators of HDN even knew this, that's why they completely changed the gameplay in 2 to be more unique. HDN1 was panned for its gameplay, among other things, and they went out of their way to make the game more fun because, generally, fun drives the experience. Not to mention a large reason that HDN is popular is how game and gamer-savvy it is. People play for the girls- but not because they're cute. They play because the girls represent major gaming companies. That and because the whole game is a not-so-subtle allegory for the game industry.

And, considering the latest crowd fighter and its "costume break" feature, as well as most of the lewd content in Neptunia, I don't think it's the cuteness that they're showing off. Not that I have any objections.

Has anyone saw the P.T from the new Silent Hill? Damn, the whole atmosphere its just freaking scary o_O

It's made by Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro. I don't even want to touch that, because that specific combo is too dangerous for a Silent Hill game.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Absolutely. One of the best experiences on the 3DS and possibly one of the funnest gaming experiences ever (to me).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I just got that for my birthday, actually. Who knows when I'll have time to start, though. I also got a Wii U with Wind Waker HD, Chrono Trigger, Mother 3, and I'll be getting Earthbound and Child of Light with eShop points...hm. What to play first...?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I really want to dig into my Wii U, though. I just bought it and haven't had a chance to play it because of band and then school starting. I have a date with it Saturday.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Took me long enough to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Am I in for a treat?
    Depends. If you're familiar with the series or strategy games, then chances are you won't like it. Depending on what you're looking for in Fire Emblem, this could easily be the worst in the series.

Basically, it's an awful strategy game, but a good RPG. I hated it.

Years
  • Etrian Odyssey IV is $15 on eshop. Might get that.

Having a big debate though whether to get Rune Factory 4 in Physical or Digital format cause $45 for a Physical copy is kinda excessive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back