• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Gangsta.

I don't really prefer digital, except on PC. But even if I went to Gamestop or Target, there is barely a PC section anymore. Almost every store has shrunk their PC areas to a tiny little area, so it's almost impossible to buy games physically for PC anymore.

(Could you imagine buying all the games on a Steam sale and having the physical items show up to your house?)

I've only worked two days at GameStop and both times, I had at least two or three people come in and ask if we had PC games. I didn't even know f we did or not cause I don't even think they're displayed in our store. We do have a smaller one though so idk. We also have all the PSP games in a drawer. Didn't know about that til I told someone we didn't have any and my manager pulled open the drawer lol.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I've only worked two days at GameStop and both times, I had at least two or three people come in and ask if we had PC games. I didn't even know f we did or not cause I don't even think they're displayed in our store. We do have a smaller one though so idk. We also have all the PSP games in a drawer. Didn't know about that til I told someone we didn't have any and my manager pulled open the drawer lol.

Yeah, I mean, the Gamestops here are all devoid of any PC games but the tiniest of sections in the darkest of corners. :P PSP/Vita games get a special place next to the "Under $5" original DS games.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Yeah, I mean, the Gamestops here are all devoid of any PC games but the tiniest of sections in the darkest of corners. :P PSP/Vita games get a special place next to the "Under $5" original DS games.
    How large was are your gamestops, exactly? Because the GS' I've seen all have their own small walls (justified, because I mean, it's a wall, you can fit a lot on a little), with PSP games having smaller shelf spaces elsewhere (if at all) close to PC racks (and I use the term "racks" pretty loosely).

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • How large was are your gamestops, exactly? Because the GS' I've seen all have their own small walls (justified, because I mean, it's a wall, you can fit a lot on a little), with PSP games having smaller shelf spaces elsewhere (if at all) close to PC racks (and I use the term "racks" pretty loosely).

San Francisco had a two story one - that one was the only one I've seen real PSP/Vita areas. Still no PC one though. The others in SF were tiny.

The ones here are not that small either, but they choose to fill their shelves with other things, like Xbox One and PS4 and whatnot.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • A two story one? Wow. All the ones I have been in are small. They look like they got the space their in for cheap after someone else closed up shop XD

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Here it is on Yelp. Unfortunately they don't have a single picture of the size/second level. They do have awesome statues on display, such as the Bioshock: Infinite one and a Fallout character.

If not for those things, it wouldn't be that different from a regular Gamestop. I wish they had an old gen section, but as far as I remember, they don't. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    when will gateway release new product for nintnedo 3ds 8.1.0-19 system?

The new release of gateway 3ds is not supporting 3ds 8.1 system! Only for emuNAND 7.x and 8.x system! That's a pity! When will gateway 3ds support 3ds new firmware? I bought my gateway 3ds from official reseller dsgamerworld.com
    and I am always waiting for the new update! Hope it will be soon!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • At the risk of soundng blunt - good luck. They're just going to keep patching the 3DS so stuff like that keeps getting blocked. Sure, you could use a flashcart for DS games (and hope they don't decide to act on it and brick consoles as everything gets tracked in the activity thing), but a flashcart for 3DS games? Of course stuff like that is going to be blocked.

Probably should just buy legit games, really, and support the companies and people making the games.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    So I just found out there's this video game store by me called "Games - Then and Now" or something...pretty psyched to go check it out. :)))

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Lucky. :( There was a store called "Gamers Paradise" or something that I would pass every day. I finally got a chance to visit it, but it ended up only being a board/card game shop.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I had the same experience when I would pass by a place called the Game Corner. I thought it would be some great video game store because it was pretty huge, but I went in and it was board games, D&D, and other nerdy things. I go there to buy dice now so. But then we have Disc Replay which is the best video game shop I've ever been to.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Lucky. :( There was a store called "Gamers Paradise" or something that I would pass every day. I finally got a chance to visit it, but it ended up only being a board/card game shop.

Yeah, there's a place near me like that called "Games Workshop" and no video games there :(

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I think board game and card game enthusiasts consider themselves the true game(r)s, so a lot of those shops are opened by these types of guys. I just want a real video game store close to home, is that so much to ask? :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Nearest video game store I have, which would be GameStop, is about three hours away from my house by driving. If you're on public trans, it could taken even longer. Due to that, I rarely get to visit the place, haha. Wish it were closer.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    What was your reaction when...

Sonic Adventure 2 and other Sega games became multi-platform, especially Sonic on a Nintendo console?

I was only maybe 8 years old with not much knowledge about the internet so I don't know if people were going insane over the fact that Sega's consoles were dying and moving over to Nintendo and stuff. I always thought Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was an awesome game and that made me ask my dad to buy the Gamecube back in like 2003.

Rageon

Houndoom-Raised Ace Trainer!
    Years
  • Pokemon or Zelda 3DS Xl

Hi guys! Which do you think is best?

Zelda:
    -Gold Design
    -Nice Shades of Colour
    -Beautiful Matte Finish.

Pokemon:
    -Stunning Artwork
    -Radiant Colours