• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • I am about to say the most irrelevant things. The last time I played Sonic Adventure DX was a little over 10 years ago. Being 8 years old I didn't really pay attention much, I just played the game. Now I am 18, going on 19, and realized what so much means like what the song "Open Your Heart" is about and E-102's story.

And my feels are on fire ;~;
    E-102 is one of my favorite characters in the series. I thought his gameplay was very fun and interesting, and indeed his story is a very feelsy one which is a tad abnormal in the Sonic franchise.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR TH-

*no europe release*

FORK

For the record the Vita release is digital only, which I can't import. :/
    Well, there is a way. You can play games of other regions, though it sure as hell ain't as easy as doing the same on Sony's consoles. Well, not as simple, at least; I still have no idea why they didn't adopt the multiple account system for the Vita.

But I'd give it time. It's Bamco so their localization can be...sporadic, but this was just an Anime Expo announcement among various others, so I imagine they'll update it in the near future.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Yeah doing it on the Vita is a pain, otherwise I wouldn't mind. I'll probably have a PS4 by 2016 though, cuz Street Fighter and Uncharted so even if they don't announce it it's no biggie.

edit: totally forgot PS4 is region locked

edi2: totally forgot Sony backed out of that. WOO

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I could make a thread about this but, ah...

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...nnounced-for-ps4-and-ps-vita-in-north-america

Whelp, there it is. Digimon fans rejoice!
    (party)

Ayyyyy. ROYAL KNIGHTS DREAM-TEAM IS A REALITY. Digital-only for Vita doesn't really bother me that much. But seriously all the games I'm remotely interested is coming out late Holiday 2015 - 2016 now. This is going to be one heavy drought season for Summer - Fall.

Symphonia HD for PC was announced as well.

Years
  • I finally got my hands on Yoshi's Woolly World. The game has been great so far, excluding 2-6 and 2-7 which have both been pretty boring and irritating in comparison to everything before them.

The only two Yoshi designs I'm okay with using are default and Red, the rest look okay but kind of like mini abominations. I like the clean look of default/red, the Citrus one didn't look too bad.

I'll probably be buying 999 soon, a few people on another forum are pretty passionate about it so I feel I should give it a try. It's $29 on ozgameshop but I can use a voucher to get it $10 cheaper.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I'll probably be buying 999 soon, a few people on another forum are pretty passionate about it so I feel I should give it a try. It's $29 on ozgameshop but I can use a voucher to get it $10 cheaper.
    Crackin...I'll have you know that the passion for the Zero Escape series burns bright right here on this forum.

Hell, my passion alone could power a generator or two. And I'm pretty loud about it.

Years
  • Did you just call Hot Cocoa Yoshi a mini abomination

999 is incredible
    It's not as bad as Watermelon or Moo Moo but it's no OG Yoshi.

Crackin...I'll have you know that the passion for the Zero Escape series burns bright right here on this forum.

Hell, my passion alone could power a generator or two. And I'm pretty loud about it.
    Is that so, I haven't really done anything outside of monotype stuff here until recently so I'm still learning what everyone is like. I heard the third game was announced so I guess now is as good time to get into it.

I did end up buying it, I'll expect good things. I do have to wait a while for it to arrive but Yoshi's should keep me entertained until then.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Bay

Years
  • I often hear Siliconera is medicore when it comes to rushed translations and their headlines are often click bait or not that clear (Gematsu is usually the better one when it comes to news on Japanese games).

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I often hear Siliconera is medicore when it comes to rushed translations and their headlines are often click bait or not that clear (Gematsu is usually the better one when it comes to news on Japanese games).
    Oh no, yeah. I honestly wonder why I go there.

A good example of this was a recent one. The headline was "Danganronpa And Shiren Venture Into Mystery Dungeon's Spinoff Game". What was it, exactly? It was actually the announcement for a spinoff of not Mystery Dungeon, but a fantastic Rogue-like called "One Way Heroics" where Shiren and Danganronpa are DLC.

The problem? Well, first off, the article only mentions the game itself briefly, it pushes Shiren and Dangan quite a bit despite the fact they not only play a minor part in the game, but also that the game itself is completely new and they barely talk about it. And those that do happen to notice that it looks like One Way Heroics despite being by a different company will come out of the article thinking it a rip-off because the article makes no mention of the agreement made between its creators and OWH's creators.

And that's certainly not the worst case. I really should start going to other gaming news sites.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • You won't beat me! My passion is exponentially higher!
    Satoshi...you can't compete with this.

You know Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann? My passion was so strong that it retroactively inspired Gainax, the entire staff, to make a visual representation of it. That's how that show was made.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Satoshi...you can't compete with this.

You know Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann? My passion was so strong that it retroactively inspired Gainax, the entire staff, to make a visual representation of it. That's how that show was made.
    So you only limit yourself to galaxy? I pity thee for limiting yourself to such a puny scale.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
  • BTW, I was afk for a while. My memory is a bit hazy. I think I have amnesia. I remember bits and pieces. Last I remember completing some challenges. It was a marathon. Oh wait but I think I was playing video games. A video game marathon maybe. Hmmmmm.... I remember completing half of them.....wait......yes half. But where is my emblem?

TL;DR: Where's my Marathon 2 emblem, senpai?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • So you only limit yourself to galaxy? I pity thee for limiting yourself to such a puny scale.
    The Galaxy? Nono, Tengen Toppa Gurren Passion reaches beyond imaginable space. Galaxies are what my passion picks its teeth with and occasionally hurls at other rivaling passions.

Which there are none of.

BTW, I was afk for a while. My memory is a bit hazy. I think I have amnesia. I remember bits and pieces. Last I remember completing some challenges. It was a marathon. Oh wait but I think I was playing video games. A video game marathon maybe. Hmmmmm.... I remember completing half of them.....wait......yes half. But where is my emblem?

TL;DR: Where's my Marathon 2 emblem, senpai?

Hm...so this was for the second emblem? Hm...if I recall, that was run by...

Well, I don't want to make assumptions. Best thing to do is contact the person that ran the event and go from there.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Geralt the Blood Elf Ken Masters is returning for SFV! (no one is surprised.)

Hot damn. Ken got a pretty badass reinvention. His Tatsumaki are completely different from Ryu's. He gets a divekick (wtf? although it just looks like an EX Tatsumaki). Ken's V-Trigger is essentially a FADC, since it just looks like he's able to cancel any special move. Overall, I like this approach to try and differentiate Ken so he doesn't appear to be a run of the mill shoto. Definitely looking forward to see if Akuma would get the same treatment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back