• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will/have you ever buy/bought a booster box?

Years
  • I've gotten rather bored lately, don't really feel like playing the pokemon video game at the moment since X and Y is so boring post-E4 so I decided to get into the TCG again just as a hobby. I won't actually be playing the game. I just enjoy collecting the cards.

The artwork is very fun to look at. So this thursday I'll be buying a Flashfire booster box. I work full time so I don't have much time to post, or play games, but I'll share what I get on this thread when the box arrives. I'll probably do a little video of the opening too if I have time.

But I'm curious, will any of you buy a booster box or have you ever bought one before?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I started collecting cards again after about 10 years of not buying cards. I got back into it after watching a cards opening video on Youtube. I currently only collect 6 sets.

I've bought 3 boxes, a Plasma Blast box which was terrible, it had a Full Art Virizion and a Regular Virizion.

I also bought two Boundaries Crossed boxes. In both I got 9 ex's and 1 full art supporter.

I usually buy packs since I have good luck with packs/promo blisters and tins. But I like opening boxes because you are guaranteed ex's, sometimes you can get harder to find ex's. But considering I've opened 6 boosters and pulled 3 ex's, the same ratios some get in full boxes sometimes I wonder if it's worth it.

Also you can finish your rare holo, common and uncommons sets in the boxes(although reverses of holos seem to come 1-2 in a box). However I won't pay more then 113 dollars for box including tax and shipping. I'll probably buy a booster box for Furious Fist since I'll be collecting that set, I'm not collecting Flash Fire due to the ex's/artwork available so I won't be buying a box for that. I want to buy a Plasma Storm and Dragons Exalted booster box, maybe another BC and of course a Dark Explorers box but those are too expensive. I've heard Plasma Blast has terrible box rates, like 1 in 6 boxes contains a secret rare and a couple ex's and 1 in seven boxes contain more then 3 ex's. Whereas BC has about 4 or 5 ex's almost every box.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • When I started collecting card - around Black & White Emerging Powers (along the way I been buying packs of older sets) - I didn't bought the booster box, I just a few packs.

It was until Legendary Treasures when I bought my first box - don't know why but it just feels amazing holding 36 packs and opening them. Ever since L.T. I been preordering booster box as soon as they become available, eagerly awaiting the release of Rising Fist (since my top 2 favorite Pokemon are on it).

Just like yourself Feralikazam I buy them just because I like the artwork on the cards.

Years
  • I've been meaning to buy one for years, but I've not actually bothered to order one. Closest I've come was going in on a few Magic: The Gathering booster boxes with friends, but I've yet to go in on any Pokemon ones.

I do fully intend to buy one eventually, though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I bought a bunch i think. 1 of BCR, PLF, PLB, LT, XY, and FLF.

My PLB box was amazing. 1 FA Virizion Ex, 1 Reg Virizion Ex, 1 FA Genesect Ex, 1 Reg Gensect Ex, 1 FA Jirachi, 1 FA Palkia and i feel like 1 or 2 more Exs also came in that box. It has led me to my current deck, VirGen.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    I would love to get my hands on a booster box, but money is an issue for me :(

I've had pretty good luck with collection boxes and tins, however. I've gotten multiple Lv. X's (back in the diamond & pearl/platinum days) and one full art Emolga EX out of a Xerneas collection box.

Years
  • Japanese boxes, i've had a couple of EBB boxes, I did order 3 but one never arrived from Japan and i had to chase a refund. English boxes, i've had a Plasma Freeze and Blast, from what i remember both had decent pulls, a couple of FA and 3 or 4 EX off the top of my head.

Looking to pick up a couple of Rising Fist boxes soon, possibly, I can get 2 for <£50 shipped, so it's really tempting.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I buy the Korean boxes, much cheaper but I collect the foreign cards. English is to expensive to keep up with in my opinion.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    I recently got a Flashfire box for my birthday. The pulls were amazing. Two MegaZard X, one MegaZard Y, one Zard EX (12/106, the good one), FA Lysandre, SR MegaZard X, and FA Toxicroak. I was shocked at that. I've gotten a couple of boxes before and the pulls were alright, nothing overly fantastic (aside from SR Blastoise and two FA Lugias in one box).

I do get Japanese and Korean boxes once in a while. Usually only for sets with a certain pokemon that I like. I still need to get a Wild Blaze box.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Right now I'm looking at the following deals online for boxes

A 3rd Boundaries Crossed Booster Box from Pokeorder
    A Plasma Freeze Booster Box from Pokeorder
    36 loose Plasma Blast packs from Collector Cache's ebay (I saw TheCatsMeowth open 36 loose packs and her's weren't weighed, although the video was a couple years old.)e
    A Dragons Exalted Booster Box from Collector Cache's website

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Saving up for a Base Set Box as we speak very expensive however for nostalgia name any price and it's worth it unless it will send you broke!

Could of bought newer series boxes for ages now however for the life of me I can't get into the newer cards, Is there something wrong with me?

Years
  • I just bought myself a booster box last week actually! :D
    Me and my brother used to collect the original cards when we were young'ns and since Pokemon is one of those things that just happened to stay awesome to me throughout the years ( I'm 20 now :p ) I decided I'd start to collect them again!
    So I ordered myself the Yveltal collecters box and a base set X and Y booster box and got some pretty sweet pulls (...I think).
    Looking forward to my next pay day when I think I'll be ordering a FlashFire booster box!

Back