• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

will pokemon ever end

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
Years
  • how much longer do you think nintendo is going to keep pokemon up for? i mean its been going on for like 10 years now and we've had 4 gens already. well what do you think?

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • I think they may stop at Gen V just because after that it seems like it'd be repetitive, and I heard somewhere Gen V was confirmed to be the last in that line. After that probably just games like Pokemon Ranger and battle games like Pokemon Battle Revolution. But I don't know I can't tell what they're going to do but that's just my opinion.

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
  • Obviously. Nothing is forever. Plus when the owners die, I think that since Pokemon was huge, Nintendo might not wanna f*ck around with the series.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • As stated, money is everything.

As soon as there's no more money to be milked from the franchise, it will be dropped. I reckon they'll still squeeze another couple of generations out of it before everyone gets bored and sales dwindle.

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • Deep down inside you know the disease has infected you.

Everybody must own something Pokemon D;

But honestly, Nintendo will milk until it can be milked no more. By that I mean, they will eventually get to the point where Pokemon is just ridiculously stupid (Even weirder Pokemon than the current gen, how is that possible, how can you get weirder than a rotom in the form of random objects D;). But Nintendo don't just do it for the money, deep down inside their greedy soul-less hearts (Jokes XD), they love Pokemon as much as you and me.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • If they stop making it it'll never be forgotten, but eventually they are gonna run out of ideas

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • Well Nintendo will not let Pokemon down unless people keeps buying Games or DVD Movies because that is there income in their company.. But if people is not now interested that's the point that Nintendo will let Pokemon down..

Ayselipera

They will keep it going as long as people are willing to buy.

Finnel

Years
  • I think they'll eventually stop making new Pokémon species, hopefully soon, but I can't imagine them stop making Pokémon games. Perhaps they'll make games in new regions, or action games as Masuda mentioned wanting to make, more spin-offs etc.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • The series in itself will probably never die; it's just like Neon Genesis Evangelion. As long as money can be made from it, it will continue to exist. However, we probably won't see too many more generations after Gen V, so we'll just see spin-off games. There will probably be another pinball, maybe even poker or perhaps a pachinko spin-off. Sooner or later, we'll be able to look back and say, "Hey, remember when Pokemon was about traveling the world with creatures and striving to beat the best?" just like how older watchers of Evangelion are saying "Hey, remember when Evangelion was about ideologically sensitive material regarding the existence of God, the natural behaviors of the human mind, and the catharsis of a young boy who craves only love?" And now all you'll find is Evangelion pachinko and childish puzzle games.

In short, Pokemon will probably turn into another Evangelion, but will it die? Probably not.

Back