• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Will the Dream World play a role in B2W2?

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
Years
  • I think it will continue, to be honest, even if some people dislike it.
    Either that or it will be replaced by something better. I can't see it just disappearing into thin air.

Well, I doubt they'd completely get rid of it, but I doubt it would really play a key role in B2/W2.

I've been saying "doubt" a lot. I sure don't sound hopeful for B2/W2. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The official site has recently updated and has stated that the new battle season on the Global Battle Union will have a temporary pause during the duration and is scheduled to end ssometime in June. It is announced that this pause is due to the Global Link going down during June in order for a renovation based upon the inclusion of Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2. It is currently unknown how much will change and what features will be added for these games nor do we know how long the maintenance will be but as soon as we do, it'll be posted here

- Serebii

What do you guys think this means? It doesn't actually say the "Dream World" and rather just GBU - could this mean that there will be something new other than the Dream World for them on Global Link?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Right now its most likely they are adding in coding to allow the GBU to read data from B2W2. It wouldn't be hard to do the same with the Dream World if the game is compatible with the Dream World.

Though if they don't make B2W2 compatible they rise issues of Unova Pokemon never going to appear in the Dream World. (at least this is true to a few people. I still doubt the credibility of this remark.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

• Maybe the Unova Dream world pokemon are reserved for RS remakes

I agree with Xander, it's proably just the code...though I would like to see a new feature for B2W2's GBU...

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years

• What do you guys think this means? It doesn't actually say the "Dream World" and rather just GBU - could this mean that there will be something new other than the Dream World for them on Global Link?

I'm sure that we will once again be able to use the Dream World when B2/W2 are released. I think that it'll receive a hugh revamp though. I think B/W and B2/W2 will share the same Dream World also, but B2/W2 will have more features accessible. Because dreams don't need to happen in the same time period or anything.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    If PGL features are still around in B2W2, ten bucks say that DW will exist in some form.

ryziken

Neutral scientist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Time for the Unova pokes to get access to their fabulous Dream World abilities! Seriously, so far only munna and darmanitan have got em.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm sure GameFreak wants to keep Dream World up for more publicity and they'll probably do a lot more to get the Pokémon with those abilities up. Or at least they should if they want people to use the site more often. I just want my berries back in the main game pl0x.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I never really used it, but i hope it stays for the people who used it! :)

Back