• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will the new game bring new eeveelutions?

Which of the remaining types should get eeveelutions?

• Fighting

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Flying

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Poison

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Ground

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Rock

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Bug

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Ghost

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Steel

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Dragon

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • As we all know, gen VI brought a new member to the eeveelution family: Sylveon! However, Sylveon was only added because the new type was being added as well (fairy). For years, fans have been illustrating possible designs for further eeveelutions to encompass the rest of the types into the family. Will this be the game that some of those designs are introduced? Will there EVER be more eeveelutions? Should there be more eeveelutions? If so, what types should be included? What do you think, and why?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Dragon type! I've been thinking that if they were to (however, unlikely) add new Pokémon for these games that it should be a second eeveelution. Dragon because it's weak against Fairy types, plus Hoenn has a large amount of Dragon types. It could evolve at meteor falls after it has 3 hearts in Aimé or something

Years
  • Dragon type! I've been thinking that if they were to (however, unlikely) add new Pokémon for these games that it should be a second eeveelution. Dragon because it's weak against Fairy types, plus Hoenn has a large amount of Dragon types. It could evolve at meteor falls after it has 3 hearts in Aimé or something

Yeah. Dragon would be my #1 pick, too. There's just an infinite amount of designs you could use! Whereas with a type like rock or steel, it's pretty limited. However unrealistic, I think there should be new eeveelutions. Plus, the world needs more dragon types. And the fairy types need more to be "super effective!" against!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Since the recent eeveelution was a fairy type, then it would be best if the next one was a dragon type. I would be for it! However, since these are remakes I don't see Game Freak introducing a new Eevee type yet.

Years
  • Also Dragon is the remaining of of the former special types not used. It'll be worthy for them to introduce the last former special type eeveelution in the remakes of the last games to use the special-physical divide (I know it's close to Zero but I want to dream...).

Years
  • I hope we get more eeveelution in the future, and I think the next one will be a dragon type, but I don't think we're ever gonna get any new pokémon mid generation, so it's up to the VII gen games.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I answered the poll in a more general sense.
    I chose fighting, flying, ground, bug, and dragon. The reason behind my choices is mostly that I'm curious what the designs would be. A fighting Eeveelution is probably going to the hardest one to design.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I think Dragon might be the next eeveelution because of Sylveon (fairy), they will be like a "duo" like umbreon and espeon, and leafeon and glaceon. (I was disappointed when I saw they only made one new eeveelution in the generation6)

Years
  • If pokemon Z is in a new region there will be added new pokemons if its in kalos no new eevee evolution will be added
    That'll be like a new generation, having new Pokemon and a new region.
    So again 2016 is the earliest we'll get a new eeveelution (or until Gen VIII if they follow Gen III and Gen V, but at this point it's hard to tell what they'll do with the eeveelutions considering that this generation destroyed the illusion of a pattern).

Years
  • I want Eevee evolutions to go Normal, Rock, Ghost, Flying... before anything else.
    We already have good and crappy dragons. Disappointment and rejection shouldn't be Eevee phobias.
    Ghost Eevee would (hopefully) be a better Baton Pass Wisher than Drifblim.

LOL inb4 exploding Eevee ghosts LOL

And do Sandstorms and Rock types have Wishy Baton Pass yet?

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
  • Mega eevee that you choose what type it is and it gets a signature move depending on the type you pick. A bit like rotoms moves

Little Soul

pheromones
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    really hope they add a cool dragon eeveelution, or even ghost.
    methinks it'll be more inclined towards dragon though, since the previous one released was fairy.

Years
  • Everytime there's been an Eevee duo released, the second one has a type advantage over the first (Glaceon over Leafeon and Umbreon over Espeon); whether it's deliberate or not I don't know but based on that logic I would suggest that as a counterpart to Sylveon, a Poison or Steel type could be released.

The one I want most of all though is Fighting: maybe with a slightly more orangey colouration than the original Eevee and with tape round the top of its paws or something :)

Back