• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will u choose a different starter in platinum than the one u used in d/p?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    When the English version comes out, I might go with Turtwig. I've started with Chimchar too many times and Piplup is just a bad choice in my opinion. I've only played with Turtwig once but Leafeon has always been the staple grass-type in my team for sentimental reasons. *cheesy* :<

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Chimchar is the only starter I like from Sinnoh so I will keep picking it but my main pokemon will be Budew again any way.

Bright_Sniper

Treasure Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2017
    I used piplup in diamond which worked out great, but I think I'm gonna choose tutwig in platinum. I think I'll just box him and pick out a team to train and use from my diamond.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
    I will go with Chimchar. I have a tradition of using the water starter first and then the 2nd game the fire type. I never go with the grass starters.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    Imma go with piplup now on the jap version because I've played numerous files but never using piplup, when English version comes out, Im not going to use any of the starters but instead focus on all my favorites from the 60 added pokemon. not a single pokemon in my team that was from the original sinnoh dex

Sir Matt

Ultimate Trainer of Dragons
    Years
    I think I'll be starting with Turtwig. I've kinda used Piplup too many times, and I don't really think Chimchar will be a good starter for me. I actually think I'll get my starter, ctach 2 Starlys, than trade the starlys for pilup and chimchar with my friends! (Then they can restart) So I'll have all 3!

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I can't choose a different One i use them all I restarted my game 3 times after I beat it with each starter so I really can't use a different one. =p

Years
    Chimchar always. Hardly used the other 2 this time. Chimchar has served me well this time, but I'm sure I won't really focus on any of the starters. Got my new team all lined up already :)

Back