• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you be catching any of the Surfing- or Flying-Pikachu in the Yellow Forest?

Which Pikachu do you think you'll be aiming to catch?

• Flying Pikachu

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Surfing Pikachu

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Normal, non-Flying, non-Surfing Pikachu

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • None. Don't intend to get the course.

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Merged thread on the Yellow Forest Route event here as they both revolve around the same topic: Catching the Flying or Surfing Pikachu. I've also updated the first post of this thread on the procedure on how to gain access to the event easily.

This was actually a reminder for me, so I better go download mines sometime later or so. It'll be interesting to have a Flying and/or Surfing Pikachu to have on team.

Sobriquet

Show me the way...
    Years
  • Nearly 5000 steps now. Should've used the push mower instead of my riding one but oh well. Yard work adds up fast!

I will not rest until I've caught at least one of the HM Pikas.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Ran on the treadmill, almost at 6k steps, almost did the fan trick but i wanted to get my Flying pikachu with out cheating.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Can't get it 'cos my wi-fi don't work since I got a new router and I don't know how to set up a seperate one :(

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Already up to 900 steps just shaking my foot with it in my sock, but these pikachu seem to run away very often.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I heard the dates changed to April 1 to May 5, I think.

Aww man! I can't walk that much! >=( These Nintendo people really want us to walk! Oh well... I just caught a regular Pikachu. And aren't regular Pikachu really rare to find through the regular gameplay anyway? A Pikachu that learned Fly or Surf is really cool, but I don't feel like walking that much! And besides, I already have a Vaporeon (♀) that learned Surf and a Pidgeot (♂) that learned Fly, so I wouldn't swap them for TWO Pikachu, ya' know?

Oh, and are the dates just for how long you have to get the course, or is it how long you have the course? As it would suck if you could only have this amazing course full of Pikachus until May 5th.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I believe it is the only time you can download. How would they know when you've had a certain time?

I want a Flying Pkachu. Just think how amazing that would look on PBR. But it's only 3% after 10k steps! o.O I just caught a regular one though. :)

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • I want one pika with surf and one with fly. But they are really a pain to me
    I catch only one with the move shock wave, the rest are just regular

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    So has anyone found one yet? I found the flail pikachu, but it isn't giving me any !! or !!! encounters on the pokeradar. But I did have a pikachu join me randomly, but it was a normal pikachu with oran berry.
    Btw I'm up to 19004 steps.

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm trying my hardest. O__o Haven't found a double or triple ! either. >__>; Oh well, I figure I'll just keep having my Pokemon walk that route every day until I find one. 2% for the flier is pretty low, so if it appears, you'll probably have to spend 500 or more watts to find one.

The surfer is at 3%, and that's a little better at 330 or so Watts...

Eh, it's gonna take time. Persistence is key!
    Also, I probably won't be getting many Watts toward my next course because of it. XD;;

Did you know that from Hoenn Field to Scary Cave, each one of those routes has one of the 33% HP, Stat boosting berries? You can get all 5 from the Pokewalker! And they used to just be event berries!

- Tyros

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i have yet to find any. i didnt think it would be nearly this hard. i have been trying to catch one all day and no !! or !!! have ever shown up. :/

Nero_

Flygon Flock!~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    I'm going to try and catch a few over the weekend!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • i saved 688 watts and 9503 steps for the yellow forest, then i realized you had to return from strolls and sacrifice your watts to the DS -_-
    i was in surbuban area and i forgot the watts get taken after every stroll :P

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • So I returned from my walker after 19000 steps and switched Magby into there...Just 10 minutes later I find a big root and a surfing Pikachu!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Right at 11:59 I caught a Pikachu that knows Flail, Helping Hand, Shock Wave and Thunder Wave. My 20,000 steps is now reset though =[

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • damn, 15 pikachus later and only a couple of thunderstones and big root, and the best pikachu i have is a volt tackle one, and i really, really want a surfing one :( .
    can i ask someone to trade for it? i can give shinies :P .

Back