• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you get Platinum?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Maybe I'll get it. i actually just got Pearl, and I have not even played it yet.. My bro has diamond and i have played that one or twice :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2009
    Im going to get it mostly for the extra features it will have. Being able to battle gym leaders
    that you've already beaten sounds awesome, but I'll probably get it right before the next generation comes out T_T

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    If I do, it won't be a first priority. I've already built up my Pearl with Pokedex entries, friend codes and the like, and I don't feel like doing it all over again. And $34.99 seems a little steep for some added gameplay elements (though my brother WILL be getting it and I can mooch off his copy XD)

Other games have higher priority for me, anyway.

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    I don't see why I wouldn't, considering that my Diamond is mostly taking up space now that I've finished it.

demonic89

Dark master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2010
    Dude

Of corse i am going to get it cause I love new games and pokemon
    plus I like powerful pokemon and i'll get all 3 starter pokemon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2009
    Oh yeah! I'm replaying Diamond and Pearl just to pass the time. To help out with sales, I have pre-ordered two of them. I have the patience to play as both characters throughout the games.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    My brother's getting it, so I probably won't, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless! :D It'll be great to see all the little bits and bobs they always add in ^^

west

One winged angel
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    yeah ill buy platinum but as soon as i can send over pokemon ill send evee over to make it my starter. get mes sum umbreonz

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    dude im so getting it im getting it as a rom though cuz my ds broke :P

if any1 has an extra ds that would be nice cuz im like screwed over asnd crap :)

thxs guys

oh and is platinum upgraded in any way?

austin_pika

Map Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2009
    I'm gonna get it the day it comes out. I don't really have to worry about it being sold out where I live. :P

oh and is platinum upgraded in any way?

Yeah, Platinum has a bunch of changes from DP.

Last edited:

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    Got the Japanese version already. I know. I'm impatient. But hey, it's boosted my vocabulary and Kana-reading speed by a feasible amount.

I already have the American version pre-ordered and will be getting it the day it's released. Should be a good day for release, provided that there are still copies left over (Pokémon has started to make a bit of a comeback where I live).

Rip

Years
    I pre-ordered it yesterday.
    So I'am basically getting it of course ^_^

I can't wait for March 22nd!

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Definitely yes, it looks almost better than Crystal. (ALMOST) I'm in a quandary over how I'm gonna transfer all of my good poke's from Pearl though.

austin_pika

Map Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2009
    Definitely yes, it looks almost better than Crystal. (ALMOST) I'm in a quandary over how I'm gonna transfer all of my good poke's from Pearl though.

What I used to do is catch a bunch of Magicarp and trade the Pokemon over. :P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Definately.

I'm waiting for the english release, rather than spending money on both. xD;

Since.. I don't really mind the wait.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Hopefully. D: I'll probably have to wait for several months after it comes out in English, though, and see if I can find a used copy in almost-new condition.

Back