• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen will you make your starter the strongest on your team

will you make your starter your strongest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cursed Cubone

The Cubone with a Curse.
Years
  • My starter used to always be about 20 levels over all my other Pokémon, but that ended with the release of D/P/Pt.

So I will not be making my starter the strongest.

~ Nick .​

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Up until I've beaten the Pokemon league, probably. But I'm aiming to only have 3/4 Pokemon initially, so they'll be fairly equal.

Charizard3

Champion
    Years
  • i think that nintendo wants you to have all of your pokemon at equal levels and thats wut i always do xcept that my meganium feraligatr and typhlosion will be a few levels igher than my tyranitar, electabuzz, and pidgeot

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Normally, my starter only remains my strongest Pokémon on the team during the early parts of the game. After my team starts to build up for the Elite Four, I have a habit of over training them all and keeping them all equally at the same level. So, only after a certain point will my starter become equal with the rest of the team.

Though, after reaching the Elite, the levels start to become unbalanced and I leave it all to chance for who ever becomes the strongest on the team. Most cases it isn't my starter although I don't doubt it may be possible for Quilava to be the highest level this time around.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I'm pretty obsessive about keeping my Pokemon's levels at around the same level, but I usually have my starter two or three levels above. So, to answer your question, yes.

In the beginning of the game, my levels are pretty unbalanced as well, since I noticed that I usually don't catch my second Pokemon until after the first gym or so (at least for G/S/C).

rps96

i'm a ******* 8P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    never the strongest im almost going to stop playing pokemon xD maybe

~rps96

Ayselipera

No, I always train all my pokemon evenly. Having one pokemon so much stronger then the others isn't the best strategy. Atleast for me.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Nu uh. I always made this mistake until my 10th time playing through Leaf Green. I ended up having a level 87 Pidgeot when I reached the E4. I plan to make a super strong Furret for the E4 this time. :D

Back