• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you play this game fast or slow ?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Well , this thread is to tell us how will you play HGSS !

Will you zoom your way through it , trying to beat the E4 in just one week of gaming ? Or will you take it slow and play casually ?

I'll choose to play casually . Taking it slow and overleveling . My Pearl failed on it , my Platinum minifailed , but I won't allow my 1st HeartGold run fail as wel !

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    Same here. I will play it slowly, unlike D/P. Then again, I wont do anything else than play it, so I may accidentaly zoom through it.:P

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    I 'll probably take my time to enjoy all the little things about the game, rushing through it will ruin it for me like it did Platinum. I'll get more out of it if I take it slow and not try to beat it in a week.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I'm gonna check every detail everywhere I go, like I always do, to not miss out on anything! So that's usually slow.

...But I might still beat the E4 in a week, knowing myself ^_^"

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
    Years
    Super slow :D

Good thing I have Silver's original theme on my iPod....Don't askkkk..
    So then I can skip all the music (Old and new) and have really funny mental images of him appearing in random places while I slowly search the world!

/shot

Believe me, I do stuff like that to humor myself.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Casually for me. I wanna get the most fun in the game I can. But then again, I might zoom through it without even trying. : P

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Slowly I guess, since these games looks a lot better than D/P/Pt. They seem to have a better storyline as well, so i'm probably going to play through the game slowly the first time, then faster when i'm going to play through it again.

Oh, and if i'm getting both HG and SS, i'll play through SS slowly, and HG quickly. The reason? I don't like HG, but I kind of want both since they're so cheap at Play-Asia. xD

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
    As I've never played the original G/S/C, I might get a Game Boy Colour and Silver and compare, but until then I'll take it slowly. :)

Years
    I usually play all of my pokemon games fast, and then I end up throwing a fit about how much the game sucked. Pokemon HG/SS was the first generation I played. I was like 10 and it took me about a month just to beat the johto section of the game, and that's probably the reason of why I loved those games so much. So I'm going to take it as slow as I possibly can.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    On a scale of 1 (slowest) to 100 (fastest), I might clock in at about 65-70 on D/P/Pt, and maybe around 30-50 on HG/SS when I tested the JP version. I like to take my time and enjoy HG/SS. I love the graphics, gameplay, and everything else.

Adri-chan

What the fruit?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    I always have a problem with games. I play through them really, really fast and end up completing them in about two days, no joke. I'll try to slow down with SS. I mean, it does have a couple of neat features to it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'll probably play through pretty slowly. I don't want to take too long on it, though, as I doubt I'll get to play it much after the end of this summer and I want to really enjoy the postgame, so I'll probably play one game (maybe HG) medium-slowly and the other game (probably SS) really slowly.

DreadWaffle

LOVE AND PEACE!
    Years
    i will always go fast the first run just to get battling pokemon (i don't care bout special trainin suckas!) i am going to use feraligatr rush tactics as usual

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I'll probably play it medium paced. Not too slow, not too fast. Then again, I probably won't do much besides play it so I might finish kind of fast.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I always take my time on any RPG unless I'm at the Climax of the game. I like to look at every piece of scenery, reading every bit of dialogue. Fight every opponent. Talk to every NPC. So yeah, slow and casual it is for me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    probly fast,
    this game i plan on completing FULLY 100% though
    catch all the pokes, get all the legendaries, battle every trainer in the game, get a bunch of pokes to lv 100, black trainer card....
    All that stuff =D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    With every Pokemon game I've played ( except for XD and Colosseum), I try to play it casually, so my speed is always varied. When I beat the E4 in Platinum my Pokemon were more and better prepared than in Diamond ( Diamond: Pokemon just hit lvl 50, Platinum: Pokemon were beyond the high 50s). So i dun know how its gonna go down in SS.

But I'm gonna try and go as slow as I can. Absorb everything I can. All the scenery, etc.

Years
    I am most definately going to play this game slow. When D/P first came out, I zipped right through the game, and then I threw a fit about how much the games sucked. G/S/C were the first games I ever played. I was about ten and it took me over a month just to go through the johto portion of the game. And I loved those games to death. So I'm going to try to take this game as slow as possible.

Back