• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you use the Red Gyarados?

Will you use your Red Gyarados?

• Yes

Votes: 102 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Idk

Votes: 42 19.6%
  • Gonna trade it

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Yeah, why not? I didn't use it in G/S/C since it's movepool was crap there, but I will surely use it in HG/SS. And I will probably catch it before challenging Morty :D.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    No. Sadly because I ran from the battle, my pokemon was weak and I couldn't catch it.

Nah it'll probably just rot in my box. I don't really like Gyarados for ingame teams.

Why should the HGSS Gyarados not count as shiny? It's just like any other shiny Gyarados, same sprite and everything. It's just an easier way of obtaining it.

On the subject of using it, however. I won't be using it on the basis that I don't really enjoy Gyarados.

@HGH:It doesnt because its a regular chance that is scripted to encounter it.The mystery egg pokemon don't count either.

@Ellie:O_o y?Itll never reach its full potential then.lol

@kacqn:How come u didnt save b4 u did anything?The poor Gyarados surfing around the lake...looking for a home..

lol

Green20

Nomad
    Years
    Of course I will use red gyarados...what idiot wouldn't, it's shiny...plus on my silver me and my cousin spent hours training it to lvl 80 before we even got to Claire

Years
    Most likely.
    He's amazing. He was amazing the first time.
    So, I'm really looking forward to capturing him.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    When I catch it, it's going to go straight into the PC and never touched again.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I'll use it, i might use it as a HM slave, or get another blue one as a slave and use the Red one as a fighter. Methinks the red gyarados is the only reason shininess is retained on the overworld

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    I used to carry it on my team, even when I only ever used two Pokemon anyway. But maybe I'll use it this time I dunno, I've been experimenting with more rounded teams in play-throughs of other games. So maybe I'll do that and Red Gyarados will be part of it. (I used to call it Fang in Silver. >.>)

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    All depends if the new pokemon all the trainers will have are hostile towards quagsire with grass moves. If they are, then I would definitely use him.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Probably.

Red Gyarados just fills me with such nostalgia. :D

And I'll probably name him Floppers, because it is my usual name for Magikarp/Gyarados.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    I am using romage until it comes out here in the UK, on one game I did catch it and used it in my team however on my new game I will catch it but keep it in the PC as I have already trained my current Gyarados and team above the level you see it at and have grown a major bond with my Blue Gyarados and would never leave it

Jaamies

Sharingan User
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    of course i will use it but only if my Pokemon strong enough to fight with it and caught it

meganium14

ROFL
    Years
    i might that fact that its kinda slow and its a pain to train at first. and its weak to rock nd there alot of rock users. So idk i might its a power house. i have the rom but im waiting fro the game.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Just like most of my legendaries, I think that the Gyarados will just sit in my PC.

Back