• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen WILL YOUR RIVAL BE A TEAM ROCKET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    Well when i played pokemon firered when i came across the team rocket scientist.
    and after i beat him he said
    No, that can't be right!
    Giovanni's kid has red hair.
    which silver has
    and silver has a nidoking whick also giovanni has

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Well when i played pokemon firered when i came across the team rocket scientist.
    and after i beat him he said
    No, that can't be right!
    Giovanni's kid has red hair.
    which silver has
    and silver has a nidoking whick also giovanni has

Old information is old.

But, I really hope that they go into the story with this. Perhaps Giovanni and Silver will be in the same room and a story scene will present things further.

Years
  • Well they never really went into detail about the whole father/son relationship between them in the game. They did cover it in Pokemon Special, but never in the game. It will be interesting to see in Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Since when has Silver had a Nidoking, if I can recall his team was Starter, Gengar, Crobat, Magneton, Sneasal and Alakazam

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    He has a nidoking in the anime according to bulbapedia
    at the opening of the original japanease opening of legend of thunder

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • You can't rely on the anime to have anything to do with the games. Silver hates team rocket in the game (and the manga) so he won't be on their side. Also, he doesn't have a Nidoking in the game.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • That theory has been tossed around since the original Pokemon Silver and Gold came out. Looking at the clues, I think he is the son of Giovanni but he was abandoned by him when he was young. Hence the reason why he has no parents and started off full of hate.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • In the manga doesn't it say that he was kidnapped by The Masked Man when he was little since he showed potential, so Giovanni has been doing everything he could to track him down

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    No, there should be none of this "father-son" plot or any emotional backstory about how he was abandoned, Silver's mystery will be gone then.

Kyle Black

Banned
    Years
  • well in my opinion..
    i think silver's dad
    forced him to be a team
    rocket member. and maybe he
    denied and said he wants to be
    a pokemon trainer (pokemon master)
    or he might have said he
    wants to be a champion.
    then maybe giovanni and his
    son had a fight about it
    and now silver might have
    bad relationship with his
    dad and his parents left
    him. and maybe
    now he hates team
    rocket and his parents
    .. did anyone think
    about that? Oo

Last edited:

fredfredburger722

A man of little words...
    Years
  • well in my opinion..
    i think silver's dad
    forced him to be a team
    rocket member. and maybe he
    denied and said he wants to be
    a pokemon trainer (pokemon master)
    or he might have said he
    wants to be a champion.
    then maybe giovanni and his
    son had a fight about it
    and now silver might have
    bad relationship with his
    dad and his parents left
    him. and maybe
    now he hates team
    rocket and his parents
    .. did anyone think
    about that? Oo

Did you leave center on? 0_0

Anyways, that's a good theory, but I think that most are right, he was probably an orphan. For the "hates Team Rocket" thing, he probably knows nothing of his past, but just well, hates them because maybe he lost to one of them or something. (And it doesn't matter if he called them weak, because he calls you weak everytime you beat him anyways! :P)

Years
  • It could be that he and Giovanni just didn't get along.. or his mother took him away from Team Rocket at an early age. Another theory could be that Team Rocket did something to him (like killed his mom) and he's got a Grudge.

Gold and Silver hinted that Silver is indeed Giovanni's son, and specifically stated that Silver hates Team Rocket, so Silver will never join team rocket.

Also, the woman in the white Rocket uniform in the intro always reminds me of Cassidy from the anime...

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • Meh, sure he called you weak and lost (but you're the hero so losing isn't allowed so we can't count that), but I'm sure he was strong enough to handle team rocket alone.

I still wonder if he even knows his dad as he has never said anything about his parents.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    But... but... at the end of the game does he not decide to seek redemption because he realises being a trainer is all about loving and caring for your Pokémon?! How could he turn into a Team Rocket member after that, and even if he did would it even make it into the game? I don't think so.

I think Mizaki's theory is pretty spot-on too. Those who haven't read it yet, I advise you to do so.

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
    Years
  • the manga is not made by Game Freak or Nintendo, so it has no real truth to it, its just copyrighted by Nintendo, and the anime is also not made by Nintendo

Years
  • Doesn't the rival dislike Team Rocket? I don't think he's a member. He says they are all weak. I know they say that Giovanni's kid has red hair, but a lot of people have that hair color. (Gardenia, Mars, Misty, Flannery, Roark (Roark is obviously out of the picture because Byron is his father), and Lance. It is possible that Silver could be related to Giovanni, but I honestly don't think he's a Rocket member.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Also, the woman in the white Rocket uniform in the intro always reminds me of Cassidy from the anime...
    Actually, that woman is a Rocket Executive. Looks like they changed her clothes to white. (Which is probably due to the fact that they can use more colors per sprite.)
    Original Gold/Silver/Crystal Rocket Executive sprites:

The original female Rocket Grunt looked a lot like Cassidy, now that you mention it, though.
    Too bad that sprite won't be returning. (Cassidy is hot!)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back