• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows, Mac, Or Linux?

Your OS

• Microsoft Windows

Votes: 102 75.0%
  • Apple Mac OSX

Votes: 33 24.3%
  • Linux

Votes: 35 25.7%

• Total voters

Zet

Years
    I discovered it may be useful to set up a triple boot on my Lappy (because I'm thinking about upgrading Ubuntu to 9.10 and I need internet access just in case something happens... and I can't use Vista x:) so I added Fedora 11. I quite like it, albeit it being different, although setting up GRUB was a pain in the ass mainly because it overwrote Ubuntu's... but I configured it so that it could still load Ubuntu.

LOL IT HELPS TO POINT TO THE CORRECT PARTITION LOLOLOLOLOL

All three work just fine, and the two I had before work like they ever did.

GRUB is GRUB, obviously linux hates itself and doesn't want to be touched any more

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Windows are still supreme and will be for a while back. Apple may well less prone to viruses but Windows will still be on top for a while yet.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    a lot of software (games for me :P) are designed to run on windows. Mac games are few.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    And yet it's still easier to work with than any other bootloader.
    Disagree.
    Once installed on a drive (any drive in your system); Chameleon Bootloader will autodetect any installations of any flavor of Windows, Linux, BSD or OSX and add them to its graphical boot menu without any further intervention. Literally, it's set and forget.

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
    Disagree.
    Once installed on a drive (any drive in your system); Chameleon Bootloader will autodetect any installations of any flavor of Windows, Linux, BSD or OSX and add them to its graphical boot menu without any further intervention. Literally, it's set and forget.

Agreed. Chameleon is my favorite.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    Currently on my Macbook Pro:
    Mac OS X 10.6.2
    - Much easier to use, faster, etc.

Windows Vista Home Premium (couldn't get my hands on 7?) via VMware Fusion (3, was just released today :D )
    - Don't use it unless I absolutely have to. It's not that the OS is garbage (only kinda) but I just never have used Windows.

I used to run Linux Ubuntu as a virtual machine but
    - It was taking up valuable space
    - I didn't know how to use it
    - No need for it

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    Have tried 7, Vista and Mac OSX, in my opinion, OSX should be made for desktops, Windows 7 for Laptops (runs very fast) and Linux for mobile devices (see Android as an example)

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    I think I'll go with Snow leopard, it has a sleeker GUI design, it apparently runs pretty fast, isn't affected by viruses as much as Windows, and it has a professional and organized file system to work with.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    I use my 13' Macbook(not pro) running on snow leopard it works like a charm and takes like 15 seconds to turn on and off.
    Also i'm running xp on vmware

BenRK

That One Guy!
    Years
    I think I'll go with Snow leopard, it has a sleeker GUI design, it apparently runs pretty fast, isn't affected by viruses as much as Windows, and it has a professional and organized file system to work with.

I just have to say, if you're not stupid with web browsing, you're not going to get a virus. And Windows 7 does run fast (significantly shorter boot time then any other Windows version, not to mention it has done so since I first got it, and that was several months ago).

Of course, if all you want is the GUI, then by all means, pick your favorite. ;)

Humiliation

The Hero Within
    Years
    I much prefer the Windows software than any of the others, that is because it has a wide variety of applications and features which come along with it. I am currently using Windows 7 which, is the latest from Windows (obviously). I have enjoyed using this for the week i've had it now.

Back