• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows, Mac, Or Linux?

Your OS

• Microsoft Windows

Votes: 102 75.0%
  • Apple Mac OSX

Votes: 33 24.3%
  • Linux

Votes: 35 25.7%

• Total voters

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I am using Windows Vista on a Windows XP computer. :D My computer is very messed up. Im going to get if fixed soon. :/

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Don't even ask..... MAC OS X 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD.

LOL
    Go to https://www.apple.com/getamac/ads

Are you kidding! I love Safari! That's what I use now. All I use Firefox for is to test Firefox 3.6 public beta. GO SAFARI! To test firefox 3.6b4 (Beta Release 4) : https://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html?product=firefox-3.6b4&os=osx&lang=en-US
    I love how the make it sound like Macs are perfect. That is why I don't get them. Instead of saying they're perfect when they obviously are not, say how it actually works and stuff. At least say what it does, all their commercials do is go, "LOLPCSUCKS!!!"

I have Windows Seven. I love it so much.

Years
    I love how the make it sound like Macs are perfect. That is why I don't get them. Instead of saying they're perfect when they obviously are not, say how it actually works and stuff. At least say what it does, all their commercials do is go, "LOLPCSUCKS!!!"

I have Windows Seven. I love it so much.
    That's a good point. The Mac commercials should probably focus on their features rather than simply bashing Windows PCs. I mean, they have certain features which are brilliant, so they should really advertise that fact, so they don't give off the arrogant impression that they are currently giving off.

Yes, Seven is great. The Driver support is a life-saver and the fast install saves us a lot of time at work.

Zet

Years
    Apple can't afford to lose profits, so they only resort to bashing because in reality, Windows is for the everyday person and not for "professionals only". Since I find it harder to use a Mac than I do with Windows

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Their difficulty to use are roughly the same, it's just that you were likely raised using windows so it seems easier.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Their difficulty to use are roughly the same, it's just that you were likely raised using windows so it seems easier.

Once you get used to the fact that it runs programs slightly differently (i.e. you have to quit the application instead of closing the window), the buttons are on the left side of the window, and there is no Start Menu (though I've found programs which replicate its functionality... sorta), you can use Mac OS X with the same ease as Windows. I dual-boot and virtualize many versions of Windows (heck, I've tried out 3.0... wow), and it's a seamless transition when you're used to it.

I still prefer OS X to any version of Windows, which has created a... unique situation with Dell Customer Support when I realized my netbook's motherboard was defective and had to send it in. However, in the spirit of keeping up with the times, I'm upgrading my netbook to Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (yes, the one that supposedly doesn't work with Atom processors) and Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.

[AGELIMIT]In a completely unrelated subject, this is my 69th post. Sexual innuendo lol[/AGELIMIT]

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    That's a good point. The Mac commercials should probably focus on their features rather than simply bashing Windows PCs. I mean, they have certain features which are brilliant, so they should really advertise that fact, so they don't give off the arrogant impression that they are currently giving off.
    Fat chance. Who exactly do you think their target audience is? There's a reason why about 60% of people that use Macs are complete jerks.

Yes, Seven is great. The Driver support is a life-saver and the fast install saves us a lot of time at work.
    Try saying that after trying to install it on a laptop with an 855GM graphics chip. Ugh. I noticed in the beta that there was no support, so I reported it to Microsoft. I figured by the time the retail release came around, they'd have worked with Intel to fix that. NOPE. I tried to install the retail version on the same laptop, and I STILL had to spend three hours figuring out how to get the antiquated XP drivers to install; there was some version conflict that made it so it wouldn't install without hex-editing one of the built-in drivers to make it invalid. Absolutely unacceptable.

Jijaba

I may seem dark,but I`m nice!
    Years
    Windows.
    My school uses Mac,and I had no idea what to do.PC is MUCH better and listen to this:
    For Windows,a pack of Sims 2 Expansion packs (including the Sims 2) + the Sims 2 Pets is only $40 for PC,but for Mac the Sims 2 ALONE is $50.

Years
    I haven't used a Mac in a good while, but I'm fairly certain it would be just as easy to use as a Windows PC for me, once I had time to re-familiarize with one.

Try saying that after trying to install it on a laptop with an 855GM graphics chip. Ugh. I noticed in the beta that there was no support, so I reported it to Microsoft. I figured by the time the retail release came around, they'd have worked with Intel to fix that. NOPE. I tried to install the retail version on the same laptop, and I STILL had to spend three hours figuring out how to get the antiquated XP drivers to install; there was some version conflict that made it so it wouldn't install without hex-editing one of the built-in drivers to make it invalid. Absolutely unacceptable.

That's happened with a lot of my driver-related experiences with Windows 7. But I have been installing it mostly on older PCs.

twocows

Years
    I haven't used a Mac in a good while, but I'm fairly certain it would be just as easy to use as a Windows PC for me, once I had time to re-familiarize with one.

That's happened with a lot of my driver-related experiences with Windows 7. But I have been installing it mostly on older PCs.
    I do work often with old computers, but this wasn't such a case; this thing was only 3 years old or so. Certainly not old enough that there isn't any driver support for it on Win7.

Years
    I do work often with old computers, but this wasn't such a case; this thing was only 3 years old or so. Certainly not old enough that there isn't any driver support for it on Win7.
    Did you ever try the Vista drivers? Or do those not exist? Most people who've had great experiences with installing 7 that I've talked to usually were upgrading from Vista.

twocows

Years
    Did you ever try the Vista drivers? Or do those not exist? Most people who've had great experiences with installing 7 that I've talked to usually were upgrading from Vista.
    Nope. It might have helped; I heard that there were working 855GM drivers for Vista, despite Intel not making them, but who knows.

GMA950 is the oldest Intel on-board that supports Aero Glass ~
    Just an FYI :3
    I know.

mcr3240ca

Midnight Moon League Champion
    Years
    Right now, I am running windows 2003 enterprise server for active directory, ftp etc.
    Windows XP Dual booted with windows vista, and triple booted with windows 7. Installed Ubuntu 10 on another drive.
    I have mac os x 10.6.2 on my pro and on my toshiba i have Linux Mint 8.. Works great.

Years
    I have XP on my HP Mini 1000 Netbook, and Seven on my tower. But I will put Ubuntu on my Netbook soon.
    Are you going to use Netbook Remix? Because if that's a 1024x576 screen, you're really going to struggle with the lack of screen space.

I am considering trying Arch Linux soon. It should be a great learning experience, plus I can have things how I want them :D

twocows

Years
    Are you going to use Netbook Remix? Because if that's a 1024x576 screen, you're really going to struggle with the lack of screen space.

I am considering trying Arch Linux soon. It should be a great learning experience, plus I can have things how I want them :D
    Arch is great, a bit of a pain to set up though.

I hated Netbook Remix. It lagged quite badly on my EeePC.

Crusher

Hell yeah, I'm sexy.
    Years
    Currently, I'm using Windows Vista on my PC. I have never had an experience of linux/mac, though.

Back