• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows Vista vs. Windows XP

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Even so, there isn't any games that you must run on DX10.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    There aren't any games that you must run on DX9, either. Developers don't make games with just one rendering path; it's just not done. Fact remains that there's plenty of games with DX10 rendering paths which makes Vista worth having <3

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • Hmm. Vista users. I am liking this. I want the conversation about DX# to stop. Nothing to do with the 2 operating systems.

Vista is awesome once you get the hang of it, the only thing that kind of made me mad was when i was setting it up, I typed in my username but the mouse arrow was on the Next box and clicked by itself. So my username was B

Zet

Years
  • uhhh DirectX does make a difference between the two operating systems, if i recall DX10 can't go on XP unless you google hard enough to find out how

XP can't support DX10 if i recall only Vista can have DX10 but... if you know what you're doing you can get DX10 on XP so it does make a difference between the two os

Last edited:

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • XP is going to start being offered as an ultra-low cost OS to compete with Linux. So, XP will be easier to get a hold of, and hopefully Vista will die out and XP will rule the world <3

« Extraho »

Cookies, anybody? :3
    Years
  • Vista looks awesome but performance is not that good. It takes a lot of Ram and hard disk space. In other words if you don't have more than 2gb R.A.M. forget VISTA!

Windows Xp on the other hand has a better performance. It is fast even is you've got 256mb R.A.M. It is a 3/5 in looks and that's where Vista takes the lead.

Though I personally feel there is not points of paying ten times more just for better looks.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Vista is an ok OS (after SP1) but it's still too Juxtaposition for me, I prefer the uniformity of XP myself and the fact that I can run XP within a VM with much less resources than Vista and still have the speed to use both Windows and Mac at the same time.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • My computer has XP and I am still afraid to upgrade to a new computer because I have heard horror stories about Vista not working with a lot of programs. My sister cannot even burn a CD on her computer now =o

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • Okay, my bad about DX# i thought it had something to with games which really isnt important. To be honest I hate computer games, too much memory taken up, and uneasy controls, I prefer other systems where I use a handheld control or in the wii's case a Wiimote with accelerometers in it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Or you could just use a keyboard and mouse which is universally accepted as the best control system on the market :) Though Halo2 on PC using the WiiMote is apparently pretty good.

Eureka1

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Though Halo2 on PC using the WiiMote is apparently pretty good.

I raged once, then again and again for a final rage.

Halo 2, unferior to 1 in all aspects especially on PC and using a Wiimote on PC..

Sure it would be pretty funny but you'd lose, unless you were playing single player.. but who plays Halo single player.

What would be good is split screen Halo 2 with Wiimotes although, that's probably not do-able on a PC.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    I raged once, then again and again for a final rage.

Halo 2, unferior to 1 in all aspects especially on PC and using a Wiimote on PC..

Sure it would be pretty funny but you'd lose, unless you were playing single player.. but who plays Halo single player.

What would be good is split screen Halo 2 with Wiimotes although, that's probably not do-able on a PC.
    Actually, from what I heard the it's quite playable; using a WiiMote on a PC affords *far* more accuracy than what it ever does on the console, due to the fact the PC drivers don't discard 90% of the accelerometer information.

Zorloc

I'm Back baby!
    Years
  • i think vista sucks. i have it on my computer and wish i could go back to xp. i loved xp it had a lot on it.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • I think I may have posted here before, but...
    Jesus Christ. Why don't you compile a gentoo install, it'll load faster than XP, therefore superior?
    Because I have a wireless internet connection. Go figure.
    Also, anyone with Vista on their laptop deserves their laptop to melt
    Lol, so true...
    Installing bloat to remove the teletubbies theme? Luna looks crap, and so do all user made themes.
    That's where you're wrong - users can be creative too! Anyway, it's not installing bloat, it's patching an antifeature in UXtheme which will actually REMOVE bloat.
    If you're thinking of windowblinds - that's still not as much bloat as the win/Vista Aero theme is.
    And the 1GB of ram thing for vista was purely for DRM. It only needed 512 max in beta stages.

Eureka1

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    That's where you're wrong - users can be creative too! Anyway, it's not installing bloat, it's patching an antifeature in UXtheme which will actually REMOVE bloat.
    If you're thinking of windowblinds - that's still not as much bloat as the win/Vista Aero theme is.
    And the 1GB of ram thing for vista was purely for DRM. It only needed 512 max in beta stages.

There are ALWAYS imperfections on user made themes that put me off. UXtheme doesn't remove bloat at all, it just allows non microsoft registered themes to be used, a simple changing of a file.

Aero isn't bloat at all if your PC doesn't suck. No idea what that comment about DRM means, but from experience 2GB is minimum to enjoy Vista. It's using 800MB of my RAM idle at the moment for example.

Back