• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Woah, way too old for me

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Have you got a certain age restriction for people who you'd date? I'm wondering this because I thought I did, but now I find myself crushing on someone 9 years older than me.

I'd have to say I couldn't go more than one or two years below me. But I don't really care for any age above me. 15 is probably a little much.

What about you guys?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    As a general rule, I tend to shoot for a five-year radius of my age. This means currently that I'd go for anywhere between 16 and 26, though as it's illegal I'd shy away from anything below 18. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with dating whatever age you want, though I do see why people would start to get grossed out when the age gap starts to creep above twenty years.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I used to care about the ages but recently that has changed. Met a great girl that was 5 years younger than me, which blew all my old rules of within a 2 year gap away. I mean she seems a lot older and I actually thought she was as I met her in a club so I guess it was a little deceiving, but it didn't change anything when I found out she was actually only 16. So I guess really age is just a number.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    For me, at least 18, at that point dating is completely different. I mean it really sucks dating someone and having to cut the date short because they have a curfew.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
    As a general rule, I tend to shoot for a five-year radius of my age. This means currently that I'd go for anywhere between 16 and 26, though as it's illegal I'd shy away from anything below 18. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with dating whatever age you want, though I do see why people would start to get grossed out when the age gap starts to creep above twenty years.

Pretty much, that.

I mean, I look younger and act younger than I am some of the time, so for me to not be okay with dating someone younger than me would be weird. What's most comfortable for me is when the age of the person is within five years of my own, though if I met a person that broke that then.. that's just how it goes. Unless they were too young, then I'd just tell them like it is "Find someone closer to your age. xD;"

Right now there's a co-worker of mine that's into me, and he's 13 years older than me. It's like.. sorry, but no.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Have you got a certain age restriction for people who you'd date? I'm wondering this because I thought I did, but now I find myself crushing on someone 9 years older than me.
    Lately I've been thinking that when people say they have an age limit, deep down they don't really have any such limit and that's their mind saying that because they don't think they can relate to someone that old/young.
    Just my theory.

I used to follow the classic "half your age plus seven" rule and think it was creepy when highschoolers dated people above 20 years old. However, right now I have a girlfriend that is five or six years older than me (six years older right now; five years in February; then six years again in October), leaving her slightly beyond the limits of that rule. However, I don't really care because we can relate perfectly well, have a lot in common, have good conversations, and I love her. That's really all that matters~
    Yes, I'm below eighteen (for a few months anyway) so it's illegal, I guess. xD

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I dated a guy that was...quite a bit older than me once. Not 15 years or something like that but it was a lot and I was young...it didn't occur to me that a man that old dating someone so young probably was doing so because he had the maturity level of a 16 year old, not because I had the maturity that came with his age.

I don't date younger than me at the moment at least. I feel like while I'm still in school, even people one year below me have so much growing to do and experiences to have until they understand where I'm coming from. The guy I'm dating now is one grade above me but because I'm a year young for my grade for half the year he's 2 years older than me and for half the year he's one year older than me. Right now it's 19/20, in March it'll be 19/21,and then in October it'll be 20/21 again so it kind of balances out. I don't think, right now at least, I would be able to comfortably date someone that's already graduated college, so 23-24 would be my limit. I feel like they have too many experiences that I haven't and I would be a child in that relationship, haha.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well I had the same as Touj here! I like older guys and probably the biggest gap I'd go is 5 years. But then still it depends on the personality, maturity etc, but I won't take those things in consideration now.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    lol i know why you're asking this sorta!!!

Anyway, I could never date someone younger than me. I'm even iffy about someone the same age as me (19, if you didn't know), unless their birthday comes before mine. The oldest I'd go is 21, maybe 22, depending on their birthday in relation to mine...or how much I liked them. For example, someone who is 21 now but turns 22 a month or so before I turn 20, I don't mind that, since I'll have a birthday soon after. But yeah, I have a kinda strict age policy haha. I'm sure I'll loosen it up as I get older and the gaps don't seem as big. I only think 19 and 22 is a big gap because 19 still has a 1 leading it...silly, but that's me for ya. :) Plus dating someone too much older than me idk...weirds me out. Oh well.

But I mean, I'm not against anyone dating someone younger or older than them. Date whoever makes you happy, no matter what age they may be. :) Unless it's illegal. You might wanna wait a bit in that case.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    4 year radius, wouldn't really have a problem with someone older than that if they were really special. But how many 25 year olds want to get together with some loser teen? I wouldn't go into a relationship lightly with anyone younger than me by more than a year, but most of the time I like maturity and people that are older than me anyway. Will probably change when I get older.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm okay with being with someone a year older than me and a year (maaaaybe two) younger than me. Any older or younger than that would make me feel like one of us is really rocking the cradle, and I don't really like that.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Hmmm, iirc, we discussed this in the LGBT club not too long ago...xD

Anyways, I'm pretty much fine with anyone that is like, a few years within my age. Obviously no one under 18, lol, but I would date someone up to around 25. So for me, I suppose 4-5 years would be my range.

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
    Years
    Age differences are dependent on where people are in their lives. If it's a kid finishing high school, going out with someone who is already well-established in the work force, you've got to wonder what is going on there. Chances are, there are some serious daddy issues. However, when you're mid-late 20s, you've got your degree and you're working, etc... I think it becomes less of an issue, as people tend to be on the same page. I'd still draw a line with people dating someone the same age as their parents though.

Oh and kids, pedophilia is bad. If they aren't of age, there's no right way to date them.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Considering I have a penchant for older guys, I honestly don't have any age restrictions. But of course I don't act on them considering I'm only 17 and it would be illegal now.

Just wait until I'm legal.

Ayselipera

Well If we're going to be honest here I love older guys. To be honest I tend to like a lot older like 30s/40s which is probably weird, but as for actually dating a 30/40 year old I don't think that would work, it's probably more of a fantasy thing. Ideally I would never want to go younger than myself, but if you like someone you like someone and anything can happen really. Reasonably I would be comfortable with anyone within a 4-6 years older gap from me at the most.

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
    Years
    The older you are the less 5 or 10 years mean to you. I don't see anything wrong with a 40 year old being with a 50 year old for example.

As for me right now I wouldn't really want to date anyone under 18 (So 2 years younger) or any more than 3 (maybe 4) years older.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've never really put it into actual numbers before, to be honest. A difference of 5 or even 10 years means less and less as your own age increases. I'm still young enough, though, that anyone more than a couple of years younger than me would more or less be in a different life stage. The other end of the spectrum is a different story. Just recently I've found myself falling for a good friend and former classmate who is just under 6 years older than me. We're both at roughly the same point in our lives, so I could see them converging if it turns out he likes me, too. I believe being at similar places in life's journey is more important than a number, and usually the ages are relatively close anyway.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    I prefer someone who is between my age and 5 years older. 2 years less. Well scratch that...I'm 18 and a half. Dating a Sophmore in High School would be weird and stupid. So, for now, I'd date someone who's in my age group or 5 years older.

Back