• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Woah, way too old for me

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    About two or three years older than me is my cut off, and I'm not really into dating guys younger than me, unless they were born in 1992 like me but after my birthday. I know that age and age gaps matter less and less as you get older, but... I just have a thing about it, haha. And my own parents are six months apart, sooo... But I'm totally not against large age gaps in relationships in general. Not for me, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

marcc5m

what
    Years
    I will never date anyone at all. two or more years younger/older than me. Especially the former. I mean my sister is 14 so it'd just be kinda awkward.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Since I have been dating someone for 16 months and he is 4 months younger than me the age restriction wouldn't matter anymore, but if I were single, I wouldn't want to date anyone 2 years younger than me or 2 years older than me. I don't want to end up dating someone that is old enough to be my dad (gross)

:t354:TG

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I would prefer younger because it annoys me to have missed many years of their life (if they're old).

No age restrictions though. I would take whatever love I could have.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Come to think of it, I've really never have cared about age nor had any restrictions. If the girl I like/want to ask out and I have things in common, a similar level of maturity (in my case, I can be really immature, or actually act older than I am. xD), we get along well, etc, I don't look at age as a factor at all.

I've had relationships which there has been a gap (both me being older and being younger), and I've never had age be a problem in it, save it for a few young ones whose parents wouldn't allow to be dating older guys, blah blah.. and I DID have one where I was waaay younger than she was, and it was wonderful. (*sigh* =C )

Long story short, age is a number. Is it important? Not for me. =)

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
    I can't imagine myself with someone a lot younger or older than me. I think the age lies between 16 and 18. Maybe it'll change when I turn 18, idk.

My parents are 8 years apart :P

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Depends. For general dating then anyone over the age of consent. For relationship then I prefer people born in the same decade as me (80s).

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I'm hanging in a 10 year gap. More than four years younger and more than six year older is going too far for me. There can always be exceptions, but let's not consider them.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Ah, well honestly right now I'd probably only like to date someone in my own age group, seeing as if I dated anyone older that'd be against the law. But yeah, as I get older I'm sure my limits will go higher. But honestly, if it were someone I'm going to spend my life with and love I suppose age wouldn't matter to me, but then, there are limitations to that too. idk. /cries.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I don't date anymore, but my age limit used to be 3-4 years older than me. :P I preferred older guys to the ones my age.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
    Years
    Good day, everyone.

I personally go with a range of +/- 5 years, while I'm restricted to -2 downwards because of law (I am 20). I think it has a lot to do with our biology and partners we find attractive. Besides all the "appearance doesn't matter" we have certain flavours, which doesn't mean we can't get a partner who doesn't suits them. For example, I go with taunt skin, so no wrinkles or such. On the other hand, I don't like to round faces, which is typical for younger people. I can't explain why, and nobody can. It's simply our likings. So, if I meet someone new, of course I will look for the appearance first and sadly I also still judge a little bit by it. But well, if a 40 year old women looks like 20 (because naturally, I hope; few is worse than desperatly trying to stay young forever), I have no problem with that. On the other case, if a 12 year old looks like 20… well, first law and second I would be worried about what the hell happened to them. But you know what I mean.

So, short version: It doesn't (or at least shouldn't) depend on the age, but more on the appearance which chance naturally with the age, but this process is individual.

For young (and for ignorant) people the age itself plays an important role sure, because you young one (yes, I'm feeling veeeeery old, not even a teen anymore) still have another point of view. Personally, I went with the thinking "Uh, they are older => they lived longer => they have more experience => they are wiser => I AM UNWORTHY!!1!"… Well, I exaggerated that one, but I think you can grab the thought. Insecurity comes with this, because "They know more than me" = "I know less". But let me tell you: Often it's not the case. Especially regarding the one or two years older acting almighty.

Last edited:

Chantelle

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
    I limit myself to those that are for starters of Legal age, and secondly, within 2-3 years my age either above or below. I prefer them to be older as most of the guys in their early 20s around here are either on illegal substances or complete morons that I would rather chew my brothers arm of off then date

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    i wouldn't date a guy who's more than ten years older than me, nor a guy who's more than a year younger than me. a girl, on the other hand, i wouldn't date if she were more than five years older than me, nor if she were more than two years younger than me.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I'm 25 and the way I see it, if a girl is 18 then she is 'fair game'. That's not taking into account maturity issues because each person is different. I guess my range at 25 would be 18 to 30, so minus seven or plus five. Five years older than I am is about as far up as I'd go, though.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I still stand by the "Age Rule" which is your age divided by two and then plus 7 is the youngest you should go for. Same for the other way around give or take, of course. There are always exceptions, but it's a pretty good base to follow if you want to find common ground.. because it is usually harder to relate to someone born in a different generation, and that would make the relationship more difficult.

For example I'm 22.. so 22 minus 7 is 15.. 15 times two is 30. 30 is (give or take) the oldest I would consider dating at this point in time.

The youngest I should technically date is 22 divided by 2 which is 11 plus 7 which is 18. An 18 year old is the youngest I should date. Makes sense in my books.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    My limit is +/- 2. Strange thing though, I've never dated a girl my own age. Most of the girls I've dated were younger then me, and the rest were older.

Still, all of you guys saying its illegal to date a girl under 18? Dating doesn't equal sex. Sex with a minor is illegal, dating them isn't.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    My limit is +/- 2. Strange thing though, I've never dated a girl my own age. Most of the girls I've dated were younger then me, and the rest were older.

Still, all of you guys saying its illegal to date a girl under 18? Dating doesn't equal sex. Sex with a minor is illegal, dating them isn't.

Just because I am curious..

18 divided by 2 is 9.. 9 plus 7 is 16.. 16 falls between your "-2" quota..

Now for the older one.. it's 18 minus 7= 11.. times 2 is 22.. well this one gave you +4 instead of +2 to the equation, but it's not a bad one..

And a youngest a 20 year old would date is 17 according to this "theory" so you're in the clear.

Haha sorry.. I was just curious to see how this would work on someone else's opinion and if it would be around the same sort of thing..

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I know this is weird, but older girls usually find me attractive over younger ones. So yeah, older it is for me.

Back