• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Women Wearing Make-up

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
  • What's your opinion on the fact that most women wear make-up while out in public? Personally, I think the majority of women actually are more attractive without make-up on. I told this to my girlfriend that she didn't have to wear make-up to come see me, and she actually looks more attractive to me than she does with make-up. I am one of those people who doesn't particularly like when a person covers up how they look naturally because I think everyone has their own natural beauty. What are your opinions on this?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • To each their own. I myself am not a fan of a lot of make up, but at the same time, I do enjoy seeing nice make up. But of course, in the sense that I like it, it has to be for an occasion, such as theatre, photography, fancy gigs, etc. Just hanging out and such, I am not a fan. Also don't like it when younger girls wear make up too soon. Dunno why you wanna be in a rush to wear it. It's not like it makes you more mature. lol

Aorio

this love will see me through.
    Years
  • I think make-up is fine, and can enhance a girl's features, if used correctly. But that's what make-up is supposed to do -- enhance your face, not cover it up or cake it. I go natural with my makeup.. a little bit of foundation and some eyeliner. My boyfriend says I look a lot better without it, though. To be honest, I don't understand how so many guys don't like makeup on girls, I just don't :x I always think a girl looks prettier when eyeliner makes her eyes pop and foundation makes her skin glow. But that's just meee.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love make up since it conceals the bad stuff on your face :x And generally I feel like I look bad without it, soo...

But tbh I think when it's over done it looks bad unless it's like for going on TV or something. I know the news presenter I talk to has to wear a lot before she goes on TV and it makes her look nice and helps the camera view her better or something, but in general if people wear that amount of makeup it's sorta crazy. So really I see no issues with makeup as long as it isn't too much.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think make-up is fine, and can enhance a girl's features, if used correctly. But that's what make-up is supposed to do -- enhance your face, not cover it up or cake it. I go natural with my makeup.. a little bit of foundation and some eyeliner. My boyfriend says I look a lot better without it, though. To be honest, I don't understand how so many guys don't like makeup on girls, I just don't :x I always think a girl looks prettier when eyeliner makes her eyes pop and foundation makes her skin glow. But that's just meee.

This actually. Forget what I said the first time, haha. Caked on make up is nasty unless you're about to be under a butt ton of lights and need it so you don't wash out under them. That is all.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I think woman look better with only a bit of make-up on. I hate seeing girls who look like they've just gotten a shovel and just thrown it onto their face. I also hate it when they apply more and more during the day. ):
    And I'm pretty sure that some chemicals in make-up give you spots? ): Like the cheap stuff, but then they cake more on to cover the spots but they get more from the make-up... ;-;

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I've never really cared about someone wearing a make-up or not... :S

But yeah, when it's over-done it looks weird and nasty (Yes, I'm talking to you, Lady gaga... :tired:), or when a guy does it (ex. Justin "youallknow*her*lastname").

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Meh, if that's what they want to do then let them. I like natural beauty, but make-up isn't ugly. It's supposed to be used to enhance your natural beauty (which I feel it does for a lot of women, however some just use too much.)

And can I just say this..eye liner on guys is so smexy. o3o

But yeah, when it's over-done it looks weird and nasty (Yes, I'm talking to you, Lady gaga... :tired:), or when a guy does it (ex. Justin "youallknow*her*lastname").

Her make-up goes with her outfit which is very..what's the word I am looking for..deep? It all has meaning or at least it ties into something. She doesn't wear a lot of make-up just to wear make-up. lol

Women Wearing Make-up

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, it's there own choice. But personally, I hate seeing too much make-up on women. Like, if they want to cover up a blemish, then that's fine. But when they put EVERY SINGLE OUNCE OF MAKE-UP THEY OWN ON JUST FOR ONE DAY, it scares me, and forces me to believe they're prostitutes, looking for attention, or both.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I've always thought women looked better without make up. Especially if it's on really heavy, it's actually a real turn off, honestly.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    ^ This. She's got it right.

Ok, don't get me wrong though; I don't believe makeup is necessary for all occasions. It's like jewelry or certain accessories, it doesn't go with every outfit, nor does it go with every occasion. Now there are exceptions; things like the right kind of mascara, or eye shadow can really make a girl's features pop in any situation and not really be extremely excessive. I personally think that shades of color in natural tones are pointless (this doesn't apply, obviously, to foundation)...if you're going to make your face pop, add some colors! Blue, Green, Red, something right? Other than that though, makeup isn't really needed all the time.

You know, I enjoy makeup when it's done right. When it makes the individuality of the girl wearing it pop out! When she feels supremely happy and confident in wearing it, and to hell with what other people think.

I also enjoy it when the same girl can walk out, without any makeup on at all, and feel the same way, expressing herself effectively however she pleases. Without feeling self-conscious about not having any makeup on at all.

If a girl can meet those two conditions, then she's using the makeup right; regardless of the colors she uses or how much or how little she puts on.

Last edited:

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I did a little bit of makeup artistry a few years ago and I'd usually feel a little guilty when putting makeup on someone. I'd think "You're so pretty without makeup and here I am about to cover up this natural beauty". I really prefer when a girl doesnt wear makeup, however I definately can appreciate some well-done costume makeup (but thats completely different to everyday makeup).

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Women wear makeup because it makes them feel prettier and it does allow some creativity for themselves. As a man, I have no say in what they do with their bodies and that includes dabbing products on their face. All I can do is try to appreciate what it is they do with their makeup. I used to hate it when girls wore makeup and wanted them to just go au naturel but now I do find a girl to be substantially more attractive if they just put a bit of mascara on and some lipstick. But as soon as a girl starts dabbling with blush and eye shadow I can't stand it. It's just too much and it turns me off.

So yeah I like makeup, just not too much of it. And if a girl likes to wear makeup than who am I to stop her. They wear the makeup for us guys anyway, so instead of hating it we should embrace it.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • The older women get the more they learn to appreciate what some makeup can do for their skin. By that I mean, a lot of makeup is intended to help women look younger again.

On that note, I certainly don't wear makeup just for others. It's for me too~

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Men wearing make up?

Some people look prettier with make-up to highlight features, some look better without (though a lot of the time they simply don't realize this!), but as long as it doesn't look like it's been caked on with a gardening trowel, I'm fine with make-up.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I think most people look fine (or even better) without it, but to each his or her own. If people want to hide behind a mask, I'm not going to stop them.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • To each their own, but personally, I prefer a girl with just a little touch of make-up. Cloaking her face with a ton of make-up just makes me look the other way to be honest. I have no say in how a girl wants to dress up her face, the most I can do is give my honest opinion to them from a guy's perspective. A girl's natural beauty is always the best in my opinion, but if they want to put on a little touch up, then that's fine with me.

As a guy, the only time I've had to put on make up was for performances at school. Depending on what I played or what role I took on, would determine how much make up I would need to take on that character's facial appearance and features. Otherwise, I too prefer myself naturally!

Years
  • On that note, I certainly don't wear makeup just for others. It's for me too~

^ I wish more people understood this.

I love how so many boys say "girls look better without it" so much. I guess they don't think it might just be for fun. But why the fear of it?

it scares me, and forces me to believe they're prostitutes, looking for attention, or both.

They wear the makeup for us guys anyway, so instead of hating it we should embrace it.

Makeup is all about pleasing the boys? I have to disagree. Maybe there's a discomfort around women's power/sexuality mixed in there somewhere. I mean, if you think that makeup is only for looking good for men then you're kinda assuming that it's only for attention and discount the possibility of it being just for fun. And it is fun.

Back