• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wonder Trading

Years
  • Most of the time when I do Wonder Trades I just put up Pokemon that I'm MMing for. I've actually gotten a good amount of shiny Pokemon and Flawless ones. From time to time I'll put up a good Pokemon for trade (Shiny or Flawless) just so I make someone somewhat happy ^^

Years
  • I love Wonder Trade. Its one of my favorite features ever in Pokemon. Although, I dislike the people who keep spamming Weedles. Like seriously.

So far I've gotten pretty lucky with Wonder Trade:
    - A bunch of bred starters with decent/good IVS/EVS
    - A Zekrom
    - A Shiny Latias (It doesnt seem Hacked, thankfully. I'll have to double check on that)
    - A Zorua, which is now a Zoroark
    - And a Zangoose (and an Eevee) with Pokerus.

Since I got multiple bred starters through Wonder Trade, I was able to use them in GTS to trade them in for other starters I lacked, plus other Pokemon I felt had equal value to the ones I would trade.

Most of the time I trade pretty good pokemon. I dont like the guilt I feel if I end up trading a Flabebe, per say, for a Reshiram- so yeah.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I get most of my shinies this way and a few of my friends and I have this on going this with how many shiny Pokemon we can get in a day and how good they are.

Years
  • I love wonder trade, and it's a really addicting feature. It's just. . .I have terrible luck with it lol. I've been using it more often recently since I've started breeding, where I just send out the leftovers.

I got a Froakie, Zorua, and Gible which I thought was kinda cool. They didn't have good IV's or anything, but they're nice to have a guess. I got an aron with pokerus a few nights ago which made me pretty happy.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2015
    I adore wonder trade! I like the surprise. I typically go to areas that drop high level pokemon, them wonder trade them and hope a newbie gets it. I'll also sometimes look for someone who looks super new (going by play time) and trade a level fifty six drudgeon for a low level just to make someone's day. It's fun.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I am now on Alpha Sapphire and my luck continues.

My first Wonder Trade I received a Spiritomb.
    I have received all 3 Kanto Starters.
    A Hidden Ability Eevee with Pokerus.
    Another Garchomp.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    These days, I only WT lvl 100 Pokemon. That way, every one receiving my Pokemon will get something nice.

P.S. to all those people still WT weedles, bidoofs, and other low level junk, there is a VERY special place in hell for all of you.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    -Gave away a bunch of good starters with funny names, and Hidden abilities.
    -Gave away a bunch omanyte too with egg moves
    -Gave away a few castform with the move reflect type.
    -Gave away hidden ability eevees, they had wish and Synchronoise.

Though I got nothing good in return, that's not the point. The point is to give out something good to the players, and hope they enjoy it. Especially the silly names I put on all the pokemon I give out. XD
    I've always hoped that one person would beat the elite four or something with one of the random pokemon they got from me in a wondertrade. =P

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like Wonder Trade. I got more than two boxes full of good Pokémon via WT. Some with perfect or nearly perfect IVs, some with egg moves or hidden abilities and lots that I just kept for the Pokédex. I basically got every starter at least once, some with their hidden ability (most of the time Froakie), a couple of shinies like Ariados, Eevee and a competitive Glalie and a few legendaries, including Hoopa, shiny Dialga, Regirock and Lugia, though the last two are most likely hacked.

I usually send off left over Pokémon from breeding (usually with at least 3 IVs), Pokémon with egg moves or hidden abilities or just relatively rare ones. I'd feel bad if I just sent off a common, weak Pokémon and got something really good in return. Besides, why would I go back to the first routes to catch random lvl 2 Pokémon, when I could just as well get something decent from a Friend Safari? In the beginning, when I hadn't beaten the game yet, I did trade some weaker Pokémon, but at least I slapped some items on them.

Years
  • Don't know if this is lucky but i recently got a Japanese Ditto in Wonder Trade. Haven't checked its IV's yet but its a good starter for me since I'm planning to try breeding pokemon.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
  • What I got from wondertrading 3 boxes of reject ralts from completing my all-nature synchronize ralts set:

- mesprit in a master ball
    - all starter mons (lv1)
    - dive ball piplup (most likely hacked because it's torrent and a bred one)
    - luxury ball snivy (another hack)
    - lv100 shiny timid 6iv volcarona with pokerus on a love ball (obviously blatantly hacked)
    - zigzagoons, wurmples and poochyenas (obviously from ORASfags which i got rid of right away)
    - HA Eevee with **** ivs/nature
    - HA Tyrunt with **** ivs/nature
    - lv70 meganium (wtf)
    - breedject rotoms (i got like 5 from different OTs)
    - 4iv modest Shadowtag Gothita
    - other irrelevant trash that I wondertraded as soon as i saw them

Not a bad haul I guess. I'm breeding the HA Tyrunt as my new project.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've had some pretty unique wonder trades, mainly pokemon that I haven't got on my dex. 2 days ago, I ended up getting:
    Chespin, Mareep, Riolu, Miltank, Goomy, Helioptile, Gogoat, Gligar, Foongus, Watchog, and Cubone.

but as for shinies, I got 3 the last 2 Wonder Trade Wednesdays. They were: Vivillon, Tornadus T, and a gen'd 6IV Mewtwo.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • Some interesting things I've gotten from WonderTrade:

- 5IV Lure Ball Yanma
    - 5IV Dream Ball Feebas
    - 5IV HA Fennekin
    - Shiny 3IV Cloyster

I don't Wonder Trade that often anymore, but whenever I do, I love getting bank ball Pokemon. I actually like receiving them more than shinies, because shinies from WT are often only trophy shinies anyway :-P

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • Best WT I ever got was a LV100, shiny, flawless IV/EV, decent nature Gengar. Twice. Same night. I think I may have passed out from shock for a bit.

I usually trade off leftovers from breeding and what ever random junk happens to be in the pc at the time.

Tamashi_Seishiro

Badoop Badoop Banana Bus!
    Years
  • Ah..Wonder Trade. It has it's good, and bad point. The good point is sometimes people gave Legendaries, Shinies, and good pokemon. The bad point is it's always full of scams by filling your pc with zigzagoons, and wurmples, and other weak 'mons.

Anyways the best is the shinies I got, and legendary giveaways! I received a lvl. 100 shiny Kyogre so it was really a blessing!

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    It's always better to release the junk pokemon you get very early in the game, not to trade back out the junk you got. At least there will be less junk pokemon in circulation. Is it still true that people are getting bad eggs from this?

Years
  • So I was being harrassed, had a bad day, people calling names and being mean and getting me down - I look down at my DS which was sat on my lap as I gave away some bear Pokémon, and--- OH MY GOSH

I got a Level 100 Shiny JPN Yveltal. Beyond happy.

Back