• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

world ending?

blitzbear

aprentice breeder(maybe crazy)
Years
  • the old legends from many cultures state that the world would end in 2012 do you think it would i wonder?its really interesting and that quizcotl(i cant spell it)
    do you think its real i wonder i find it amazing...and if it is true then what???

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    They did do the same of 2000 but they thought that society as we new it would end because of computers for some reason. Anyway, I dont believe the 2012 thing. I have noticed trends. Some of my favorite shows books and moves are based on the apocalypse and now Pokemon is following the trend O.o

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Remember that experiment where they were going to crash two atoms into each other or something?
    Well, they were going to do it in December of last year and, if it had created a black hole, it would take 4 years to suck the earth in.
    Meaning the world would have ended in December 2012, but they postponed it, so we're saved.

Either way, I don't think the world is going to end in 2012. =D

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    People thought the world was gonna end because they thought computers were not programmed to go to 2000 in date. Thus they would revert to 1900 and the whole mechanics of the world would screw and end our life as we know it.

I really don't think the world will end in 2012. Maybe something supernatural, (Like free bubble gum or something :D) But the world ain't ending any time soon in my schedule.

By the time Earth ends we will be killing Mars anyways.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
  • it's not from "many cultures," it's from the Mayan culture, because their calendar ends at that day.

If the world really did end.. There's really no point in asking "then what?" because we'd all be dead.

Years
  • They did do the same of 2000 but they thought that society as we new it would end because of computers for some reason. Anyway, I dont believe the 2012 thing. I have noticed trends. Some of my favorite shows books and moves are based on the apocalypse and now Pokemon is following the trend O.o

lThe computer thing was called the Millenium Virus. Didn't happen. I hope.lol. I dont think it will end in 2012 at all, maybe 3000 though :D

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • There are a lot of things in history that pretain to the year 2012, but they are little things, like a Nostradamus prediction and stuff. It might be a really bad year, but I don't think the earth will end after being around for like, 10 billions years in one single year.

Last edited:

The Red Chain

2012? Who's to say it won't end sooner than that? Messing with you. XD
    In seriousness, what Haza said is true, it's sort of a trend.
    They claimed the world would end in 2000, then 2008 sometime in September. But bam, we're still here.
    No one can say for sure when the world shall die, so just ignore these stupid rumors unless they have hard core evidence.

We are such a pessimistic species, tsk tsk.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Here are some crazy stories I have seen

Eye of the Tiger said:
    The Mayan calender will end on the 21/12/12 (US: 12/21/12), which Mayan profits predict as the end of the world.

The Super Volcano of the USA is Yellowstone. We are overdue of a super eruption (this is the only one that makes me quiver)

A Mega Tsunami WILL happen. A volcanic Island on the east coast of Africa might erupt, triggering a massive landslide which will trigger a Mega Tsunami. This will wipe out, Eastern Africa, Lisbon, Southern France, Eastern USA and Cornwall in UK.

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    It's aload of bs. What about 666? They also said the world was going to end then.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • One of the most rememberable one is the 2000 one, I remember when the Simpsons made fun off it:)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    No. All the way through history people think the world is going to end at some random date and we're still here.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    the old legends from many cultures state that the world would end in 2012 do you think it would i wonder?its really interesting and that quizcotl(i cant spell it)
    do you think its real i wonder i find it amazing...and if it is true then what???

No, it's not true. There's no proper evidence to back that up at all. It's just a ridiculous pair of beliefs that have been taken too seriously.

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    It will end though (fact) in about 100,000 years from now.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • No. No it won't

We survived "Y2K" and "6/6/06" and we'll survive this.
    It's a load of bologna that has no proof behind it. People are freaking out about it for no reason.

Back