• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

world ending?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    We're not all going to die, and I can't wait to laugh at those who actually believe we are going to.

Ice_Emperor

Emperor of all that is.
    Years
  • Hmm...*Goes to Wikipedia*...
    Just to get my facts straight.
    Our sun is 4.57 Billion years old...
    3.5 Billion years from Now Earth will be similiar to Venus...
    5.4 Billion years from now Sun will enter Red Giant Phase...
    7.5 Billion years from now sun will be 256 Times it's current size...
    Circa 10 Billion years from now Sun will reach Peak of Red Giant State...
    *catches eye on something* Apparently Earth will be destroyed by a tidal interaction with the suns expansion.
    There you have it.
    I worship the sun and what this says is true. :D

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Remember that experiment where they were going to crash two atoms into each other or something?
    Well, they were going to do it in December of last year and, if it had created a black hole, it would take 4 years to suck the earth in.
    Meaning the world would have ended in December 2012, but they postponed it, so we're saved.
    Wait, what? Why are the scientists trying to kill us all?!

I find this to be a load of bogus. June 6, 2006 was almost as ridiculous as this. Anyways, our world will most likely end when our sun, a star, will explode.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Personally, I don't think the world is going to end. Ever. But there may be another mass extinction; that's always a possibility. Maybe it'll be the humans instead of the dinosaurs this time? =D

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • The 06.06.06 event was rather uneventful, although they did make a rather nice movie about it and they'll probably do the same for 2012.
    Can't really think what they'll do for it though... something for everyone to ponder if they have nothing else to think about.

I highly doubt the world will end in 2012 although I am a little worried about the atom smashing scientists who want to create a black hole and thus suck the world in along with them, but then again that's just my opinion.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Nope I don't believe it not at all! It's too soon think the world will end!
    It is a lie!!! A lie!!!!!!!! Don't believe it! and never will! Invalid statement!

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
  • No. No it won't

We survived "Y2K" and "6/6/06" and we'll survive this.
    It's a load of bologna that has no proof behind it. People are freaking out about it for no reason.

You know what's hilarious? People actually think 6606 and 666 are the same thing! When in fact, they are 5049 numbers away from each other :O

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    No way. It is not going to end, we are just going to go into a new time. The world ending is all just stupid. Honestly, when the world doesn't end they are going to say that it ends in 2020, for some odd reason, or maybe in 10000, what? I mean four zeroes!?! That is outrageous. Honestly, it isn't that hard to pick a date. Maybe the Mayans couldn't predict farther until later, but then they got attacked. I mean, we don't know, they could have wanted to put more on it, but they couldn't at the moment and needed to wait until later years to predict it. Gawsh, all this stuff is nonsense that irks me so.

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    The 06.06.06 event was rather uneventful, although they did make a rather nice movie about it and they'll probably do the same for 2012.
    Can't really think what they'll do for it though... something for everyone to ponder if they have nothing else to think about.

I highly doubt the world will end in 2012 although I am a little worried about the atom smashing scientists who want to create a black hole and thus suck the world in along with them, but then again that's just my opinion.
    don't worry, black holes can only be created by a powerful event such as a dying star.

as for the topic at hand, I've been in the other thread about 2012, pure foolishness, the only thing that year will bring is books about it, a movie and maybe some isolated incidents of madness, muck like 6-6-06 which was even more ridiculous since it was 6-6-2006 and of course several more reasons.

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
  • Me personally i think the world will end because man has destroyed it

Such as we all get some diesase and it wipes out the humain population

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • How depressing, this is the third or fourth thread I've seen about this. -.-

Well, it's not gonna happen. How the hell would the Mayans know either way? And remember, these people were the ones that believed sacrificing random people to the gods was okay. I think they're just nutjobs ;D

Plus, all of these other ones have been fake why should 2012 be any different?

Back