• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World War 3

Will World War 3 Happen?

• Yes

Votes: 40 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 27.3%

• Total voters

Hitmondog

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    I see a lot of country names floating around. I think we should go to war just so that everyone all over the world will shut up about nuclear threats, international law, etc.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • World War 3 would be SICKKKKKKKKKKKK. I would join the army just for it. I mean, imagine the video games we would get after it.

Might I just say that this made me laugh out loud. :D

I also might add in that this will be the first World War to be broadcast on national television. And based on that, I'm quite happy we all have color TVs. ;)

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I see a lot of country names floating around. I think we should go to war just so that everyone all over the world will shut up about nuclear threats, international law, etc.
    You'll be one of the first to enlist for the army I assume?

I'm with Rich on this one. Sattelite TV also means we can get wartime footage live. Which may or may not be a bad thing. (Ignore me, I'm a sadist.)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I can't say that I'm all too well-informed on matters of international politics, but from what I do hear on the North Korea and China front, if it is gonna happen, it's gonna happen soon.

I'm not saying that war is the best solution to anything, but a little warfare would go a long way in making history textbooks more exciting to read 100 years from now. :P

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
  • My world history teacher always said WWIII would possibly be a war with nuclear weapons...I've never doubted even if years have gone by since I've had her :/ Ever since North Korea kept having those threats last year about "we have necular weapons!..blah, blah, blah...we'll shoot!"...uh yeah not hard to doubt they'll strike. I know the US shall be in it and probably will be the main country under attack. North Korea still hates us, Vietnam truely never forgave anyone for intervining with their war, China is straight communist and everyone just has to be against them -.- (i'm not, i see nothing wrong with it. its your choice if you wanna be it...but if you're born into and wanna be out of it, then you got a problem), then there's the whole Al-Quada thing....They've always been out to get the US and they've been suspected of necullear weapons so its a huge possibility. Basically I think these are the main countries that would probably have to do with this and Japan and Russia, because Japan is a US ally now and Russia and the US still are "enemies".

So you guys know what I voted for :3

Jack

ego
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2020
    WWIII for me, personally will involve nuclear/atomic bombs. to me its most likely going to be Russia thats going to start it, sorry COD6 really did have a big influence.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • i don't think it'll happen in this lifetime cuz people/countries are too smart to let it happen.
    but idk, i guess there's still a possibility

Last edited:

Jack

ego
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2020
    Whenever theres violence, theres always going to be peace.

Years
  • I think its always a possiblity yet the Liberal Democrats want to end our nuclear project, leaving us upon to be the country who the war probably gets started on.

I dont see many alliances between the countries that are 'threats' happening so it would be a short lived world war with World Vs Korea/Iraq/etc.

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
  • world war three will happen, it will be either china, Russia, North Korea or USA who will launch the first nuke. i say Russia will in retaliation with the USA

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    World War 3 will never happen.

Nobody wants a nuclear war. Everybody knows that everybody would lose, so nobody would even attempt to start one.

Also, all of the powerful countries who have the potential to start some kind of non-nuclear war are becoming more westernised. They understand that trade with the west is very important, so they would engage in a war.

And it would be impossible for any country to invade the US, because the millitary is too sophisticated.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    World Cup is another term for World War.

Everything is possible. So is WWV. There are always some sort of tension, whichever era we are living in.

Nobody wants a nuclear war. Everybody knows that everybody would lose, so nobody would even attempt to start one.

You don't need a nuclear war to make everyone a loser. A regular world war will do.

Besides, there are certain scenarios where most people prefer to have a lose-lose situation. Something like:

Person A splits $100 between himself and person B. Person B decides if it is a deal. If it is, they get the amount that is agreed on. If person B decides otherwise, neither gets the money. Here's the theorectical outcome: as long as the amount for B is more than $0, he should accept it since he'll at least come out richer, even by $0.01.

But guess what? Reality is different. Most people playing the role of B would not accept even $10 and prefer the lose-lose situation. They want at least $30.

Last edited:

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Besides, there are certain scenarios where most people prefer to have a lose-lose situation. Something like:

Person A splits $100 between himself and person B. Person B decides if it is a deal. If it is, they get the amount that is agreed on. If person B decides otherwise, neither gets the money. Here's the theorectical outcome: as long as the amount for B is more than $0, he should accept it since he'll at least come out richer, even by $0.01.

But guess what? Reality is different. Most people playing the role of B would not accept even $10 and prefer the lose-lose situation. They want at least $30.

Except war deals with peoples' lives. Nobody wants a lose-lose situation when they're dealing with peoples' lives.

Hmmm

Well Because Of MAD They May Not Use Nukes Even Though They Are Tempted But They Would Definately go to war like the good ol days, Trenches, Mortars, The Works.

A war like that would be impossible nowadays.

Back