• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Japanese anime?

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    I don't think Pokemon is the worse Japanese anime. It's just that the newer shows just got worse... I think the worst one, well it depends really, cause I don't really know. The anime I really don't like is those don't compement my intrest, like Blood + for example.

For American anime, I think all of them suck in my opinion. :P

brinazarski

AKA Spotted or Poke'ShipperNya
    Years
    I don't think Pokemon is the worse Japanese anime. It's just that the newer shows just got worse... I think the worst one, well it depends really, cause I don't really know. The anime I really don't like is those don't compement my intrest, like Blood + for example.

For American anime, I think all of them suck in my opinion. :P

Wait-there's such thing as American anime? O.o

Hmm, I dunno' what the worst Japanese anime is, all the ones I've seen I like :O

I like the German anime Felidae xD

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years

Yeah, one of them is Avatar: The Last Air bender, I think.

Anywho, I would have to say Final Fantasy: Unlimited is the worst I've seen.

I actually haven't watched it all, but it's pretty bad. :<

I guess if I watch it all, it'll change my mind.

But if it keeps going at the rate it is, I don't think so. D:

Oh and Duel Masters. I hate that show, with a passion.

Eugh, rip off of Yugi.

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Yeah, one of them is Avatar: The Last Air bender, I think

Hey, that's like the best American anime out! (but that's not saying much, is it?)

I used to hate Duel Masters the most for the reason stated above, but my new hate goes to that new toonami show, Bakugan. I mean, just the opening is retarded! "They fell in the north, and the south, and the whole world had them!" WTF? So I guess his world doesn't consist of a eastern or western hemisphere. And then there are these kids transporting to other dimension fighting with super-powered monsters! Do governments even exist in anime?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The worst anime. That's a good one!

Personally, I'd have to say Yu-Gi-Oh! because it repeated...over and over and over again. And then they're gonna come out with Yu-Gi-Oh GX? Please. I will admit, the first season was great. But...then it got a little lackluster and repetitive...and Kaiba was still a butt.

On the 'American-Anime' subject, there is no such thing. Avatar is a cartoon inspired by anime ideas. I actually quite like Avatar. Zuko is totally awesome. <3 I'm just into those bad guys with a horrible past that go good and overcome it. ;D

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    Poke'ShipperNyaaxD said:

In a way, yes. :0 Teen Titans and Winx Club (or whatever it's called) are both sad attempts at anime, and therefor fall into the category of American "Anime".

Avatar, on the other hand, does not try to be a contrived imitation of Japanese stereotypes-- the creators take influences from Asia in general, and the animation is done in a Korean studio.
    Personally, I don't there's been a successful "American Anime" yet produced, mostly because anime isn't a "style" of animation or exaggerated expressions or whatever, which most bandwagon jumpers seem to think is.

:B But that's strictly my opinion, I'm not speaking for the masses.

MOVING ON.

Worst anime I've ever seen? Without a doubt, that would be Battle B'Daman.

The style was questionable by itself, but the story was lacking and.. well, it all seemed like a badly done ripoff of Beyblade, which, even as a Beyblade fan I must admit wasn't exactly superb itself. Dx and MAN was the main character disgusting.

Everyones' heads are twice the size of their bodies. ;A;

Gummy said:
    I used to hate Duel Masters the most for the reason stated above, but my new hate goes to that new toonami show, Bakugan. I mean, just the opening is retarded! "They fell in the north, and the south, and the whole world had them!" WTF? So I guess his world doesn't consist of a eastern or western hemisphere. And then there are these kids transporting to other dimension fighting with super-powered monsters! Do governments even exist in anime?

Oh gawsh! I saw that a while ago, and it occurred to me how similar the fights were to not only YuGiOh, but Pokemon, Digimon, and Beyblade as well.

Quite the amalgamation there. :B

the main character is cute, though. Much cuter than the B'Daman twerp.
    *brick'd*

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    If you were to be anal about it, all animation is anime, especially in the eyes of the Japanese. Anime is just a short word for animation, if it's drawn, they consider it anime. Now since we're probably talking about Japanese anime...

It's hard for me to say. There are a lot of bad anime out there, so I don't think can pick any one series out. Mostly it's fan service shows that play up the moe and tsundere factor. I hate those shows with a passion, they pander to the lowest common denominator and that's how tons and tons of them are able to be spat out so quickly. I don't mind the toy tie in shows, the cast of characters there are usually pretty fun to watch at least, and if you stick with a show long enough, it actually turns out to be fairly good, like I found out with Yuugiou GX a while back.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny.

They are just unbearable. I can't believe people can actually enjoy them. Maybe the characters look good, some Gundams have decent designs, but everything else makes me lose my appetite. Destiny especially. The only character worth watching is Auel and yet he ended up dying in no time so that doesn't really help matters. Everyone else totally wants to make you go and have a shower because that's just how dirty and stupid the characters are in Destiny.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Hey, that's like the best American anime out! (but that's not saying much, is it?)

The Japanese OP by Psychic Lover isn't half as bad though.

Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny.

They are just unbearable. I can't believe people can actually enjoy them. Maybe the characters look good, some Gundams have decent designs, but everything else makes me lose my appetite. Destiny especially. The only character worth watching is Auel and yet he ended up dying in no time so that doesn't really help matters. Everyone else totally wants to make you go and have a shower because that's just how dirty and stupid the characters are in Destiny.
    I agree. This is all I can really say regarding Seed and SeeDes.

A¡ra

B E H E M O T H
    Years
    lol, i think ur all 4getting the only anime in the history of the world that will drop ur IQ by about 10 points every time u watch an episode "Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo" -.-

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    That show's actually pretty fun if you give it a chance, I just think it's a little too Japanese for most people.

A¡ra

B E H E M O T H
    Years
    i gave it a chance...i watched half an episode, decided it was the dumbest thing in the history of TV and changed the channel

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Bobobo-bo-bobobo or something like that. The worst show I have ever seen.

But if I were to compare Japanese dubbing to english dubbing, the worst dub was 4Kids One Piece. 4Kids ruined a great anime with so many terrible edits.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    ^ Okay...

I think the worst anime is Battle B-Daman and Duel Masters (Kinda like Akari said)

Battle B-Daman because, well, I tried to watch one episode (as in, TV has nothing else on) then yeah, It made me watch corny action series. :<

Duel Master, I think it IS a Yu-Gi-Oh rip-off; Also, they tried to save animations by shortening the card duel. :<

American Anime btw, is kinda like Martin Mystery and Totally! Spies.

Back