• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Japanese anime?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    How could I forget to mention Inuyasha? I remember how much the rabid Otakus from my high school loved it. In fact, one of them was MADLY in love with Kagome. She would rave about how hot she was and even wrote a poem dedicated to her on her backpack. And, yes, she was one of the many Inuyasha x Kagome shippers who detests Kikyou.

Anyway, Inuyasha. A terrible show indeed. Truth be told, I liked the first season. Though it was not great, it had its moments and was tolerable. However, as the series continued, it rapidly became dull. With the exception of Kikyou, the characters' stories ceased being interesting and they failed to receive any true development. The series became littered with crappy filler episodes, most of which delved into Miroku and Sango's relationship (which was not even interesting. If anything, it was downright boring. It is a shame, too. I think their relationship actually had the potential to be enjoyable). Furthermore, the ending was awful. Naraku was still alive and the protagonists still had yet to locate all of the Jewel Shards. Talk about being incomplete.

You know how I would have ended Inuyasha? By having rocks fall on all of the main characters except Kikyou. Now that would have been awesome.

Zet

Years
    Lucky Star, Lucky Star, Lucky Star, Inuyasha ummm.... yeah thats all I can think of, Lucky Star because they talked about food for what? 16mins? complete crap if you ask me and i dont want to hear it gets better further in, it just wont, Inuyasha because i dont like the story line

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Personally, I think Yu-Gi-Oh!, Beyblade and any anime where the characters hardly move are the worst.

Oh! And DNAngel (sorry to DNAngel fans <sobs>)

DaiLinn

Furry for Lucario
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Cosplay Complex.

That show was just fanservice, and lots and lots of stupid. And yes, I can appreciate fanservicy shows, most of my favorites are--but this wasn't even GOOD fanservice!!

I think my brain broke trying to watch it... and yeah, I'll watch stuff I don't like usually out of curiosity. I've made it through many a disturbing anime, but I just couldn't finish watching this. :|

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Oh! And DNAngel (sorry to DNAngel fans <sobs>)

Oh no I agree! Even though I watched the whole series. The only reason why I hated DNAngel was the characters (I mean seriously, Daisuke must die!!!).

Bakugan was stupid, um... La Corda d'Oro was really terrible. Don't know what that is? Don't watch it. ><

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I think for me Bo-Bo^7(whatever), Mobile Suit Gundam(The First Series), Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, The Big O, Dual Monsters(I did give this anime a chance. It was okay at first, but meh I lost interest), and Yu-Gi-Oh GX(liked Yu-Gi-Oh a lot better) are the worst anime I seen.

But I know others will like these, for me they didn't caught my eye. Most of the time they had a boring plot, the characters are boring, or it was too random(random is okay, but if it is overplayed then there is a problem). And that is all I got to say about that. ^^

austin00081

young money
    Years
    Every anime on 4kidz, and cartoon network, including adult swim.
    No animes are good anymore, and the only ones that are worth watching, are in Japanese.

But I'd have to say Naruto. Everything about it is horrible.
    I watched a couple of episodes just to back up my point. Plus the overall fan-base, is fat, obnoxious, greasy, cheap, losers. A lot of kids that go to my school are obsessed. You couldn't go a day without seeing Bleach, Naruto or Death Note accessories from them. They all think they are cute Japanese school girls, or tough ninjas. Seriously, it annoys me to know what kind of idiots represent American English dubbed anime.

Zero Seven

ψ(`∇´)ψ
    Years
    The worst anime. That's a good one!

Personally, I'd have to say Yu-Gi-Oh! because it repeated...over and over and over again. And then they're gonna come out with Yu-Gi-Oh GX? Please. I will admit, the first season was great. But...then it got a little lackluster and repetitive...and Kaiba was still a butt.

On the 'American-Anime' subject, there is no such thing. Avatar is a cartoon inspired by anime ideas. I actually quite like Avatar. Zuko is totally awesome. <3 I'm just into those bad guys with a horrible past that go good and overcome it. ;D

I concur with you.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is just weak, teh characters look horrible imo too.

I still like Pokemon though (the anime)... yes the new episodes too. I find it hilarious, team rocket always gives me good laughs. Especially when Meowth begins to say how the boss would reward them for whatever they're about to do. XDD

I've never really watch Avatar, so cannot judge it.

Guitar

insane little bug
    Years
    SIGH, I'm probably get murdered for this:
    Dragon Ball and Pokemon.

Dragon Ball has some interesting characters, but it is as childish and blatantly HE-MANISH DUDE'S SHONEN ANIME as any anime gets. Not to mention overly long, boring and stretched out with fight scenes that drag on and on..

Pokemon? Probably one of the worst TV shows to ever be released, ever. No story, just random, pointless walking around (yes, that's what Pokemon TV is about, walking), and THOUSANDS of pointless characters, human and Pokemon, who contribute to the never-ending trail of filler which runs as thick as butter. The animation quality is horrible, which is surprising considering that the shows generates so much money and attention. If you have a lot of money, you use it to improve your animation quality! It seems the producers of this show are deliberately keeping the animation cheap so as to achieve maximum profits. Even the producers of the Naruto anime have used their money to improve their animation.

-_-

I'm preparing my anti-FLAME umbrella.... and a bulletproof vest.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I don't know if spider riders is a "Japanese Anime" but that one is the worst......

Spider Riders IS Japanese anime, technically.
    However, it's idea came from a series of children's book that were released in the USA.

So it's a bit of both.

It's still considered a Japanese anime though, and I agree that it isn't a very good one. I won't say it's the worst though.

Duel Masters is the one that comes to mind, but really the Japanese version was somewhat better than the dub.. which was a horrible dub if I've ever seen one. I swear it was dubbed so the company could make fun of it. ==;

There are quite a few anime that I've seen on TV, dubbed by small, hardly noticed companies.. that are really boring, and well.. suck. Some of those can be called the worst anime I've ever seen.. if only I could remember their names.

One of them is 10 Tokyo Warriors.. but I can't remember the others. ><;

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    LETS See NARUTO SUCKS! SO Does DuelMasters, Who EVER created Avatar should burn an eaternal death. blood + is stupid to.
    Dude, you must be sick, Avatar is like the best American Anime ever, compare it to Nick's other shows and Pokemon itself, Avatar wins hands down, too bad Nick gives all it's airtime to a Sponge and Star that feel sexually attracted to each other.

Last edited:

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
    Years
    Pokemon? Probably one of the worst TV shows to ever be released, ever. No story, just random, pointless walking around (yes, that's what Pokemon TV is about, walking), and THOUSANDS of pointless characters, human and Pokemon, who contribute to the never-ending trail of filler which runs as thick as butter. The animation quality is horrible, which is surprising considering that the shows generates so much money and attention. If you have a lot of money, you use it to improve your animation quality! It seems the producers of this show are deliberately keeping the animation cheap so as to achieve maximum profits. Even the producers of the Naruto anime have used their money to improve their animation.

If you hate pokemon so much then why are you here in Pokecomunity.

Anyway I think that Duel Masters is one of the worst animes with the worst dubs

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Are you ****ing crazy!
    Those shows should be on a great Animes list (although not sure about Wedding Peach nor Shakugan no Shana)
    Guess what, I am not you so I am not going to have the same dislikes because I have a mind of my own and if I do not like something then I just do not like it period. I don't care how popular or unpopular its supposed to be or not. =P

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    Wow, I come here and all I see is hate towards the top anime around. Whatever, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I really don't hate any anime (excluding Pokemon) because I'm smart enough to go get reliable feedback sources before I go ahead and watch something new.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Wait-there's such thing as American anime? O.o
    Yes. Megas XLR may be the only good one — fun parody of the mecha genre.

Now. I don't watch bad anime so I don't know the answer to this thread's question. :P
    You-Gay-Oh [insertlolhere] maybe? I don't understand the hype about cards...

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
    Years
    I don't think Pokemon is the worse Japanese anime. It's just that the newer shows just got worse... I think the worst one, well it depends really, cause I don't really know. The anime I really don't like is those don't compement my intrest, like Blood + for example.

For American anime, I think all of them suck in my opinion. :P

You suck. Just kidding, but a lot of them are cool. You are stereotyping all American dubs, and that is very wrong. but of all Anime I've seen, Baki the Grappler is the worst.

Back