• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Pokémon Game you've ever played?

What was the worst Pokémon Game you've ever played?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
Years
  • Haha. Really cool, well at least you know now that people have noticed your thread. Good idea for a thread.

Thankyou! Gosh it is hard these days to find someone that doesn't like emerald, saphire or ruby!

i absolutely hate hoenn, the pokemon from their, and the games... :D

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I didn't like Pokemon Puzzle League at all.
    This is General Gaming, goes hand and hand with Spin Off, sue me d:

Edit: Green was a Japan only release, as Blue was a n American only release.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I think every game had their pros and cons for me, so it's hard to say whether or not I truly despised a certain one...

R/B/Y were the ones that got me into Pokémon in the first place, and while I don't remember exactly how I felt about then when I was playing them (since it was 10+ years ago), they must have been good. If they weren't, I wouldn't have continued playing. :P
    I missed out on G/S/C.
    R/S/E are alright, but it's definitely one that I try to avoid playing unless I have to. I'd still like to go back and get all of the legendaries to transfer over to my Platinum, but...I dunno, there's just something about it that keeps me away.
    I didn't play FR/LG either...
    Pearl was the one that got me back into Pokémon, so I like it in that aspect. Platinum is my meta-cartridge that holds all of my treasured Pokémon, has the most hours, and so on. Pearl was just so incredibly painstakingly slow from the gameplay mechanic perspective. It was really frustrating to take 30 seconds just to start a stupid battle.
    SoulSilver's alright, but the storyline felt really rushed. All of the gym leaders were defeated only about 50 hours in, and I'm having trouble finding the motivation to level grind so I can defeat Red. I'd probably have more fun with it if I originally played G/S/C.

Hey You Pikachu wins my vote for worst spin-off. It was pretty much an expensive waste of time :/

Years
  • Ruby and Sapphire are the games that dragged me into Pokemon. I absolutely love them! I never liked the Johto region, I don't get all the love for it. There aren't many interesting Pokemon in that region, tbh, and it felt too short and easy to beat those games.

HG/SS are, ironically, my favorite games so far, though. I'm just not a fan of the region itself, or its Pokemon, so I use a team of Pokemon from mostly the other generations :p

FireRed and LeafGreen were tough to get through. I got really bored, and for some reason I couldn't stand the way the graphics looked. The overworld sprites bothered me and I have no urge to ever play those two again :\

But the WORST (i actually enjoy all the main series games) was probably yellow. I didnt like not being able to evolve Pikachu, it made it a useless starter. The only good thing from this game was the fact that you can get all three starters.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    yellow, you cant evolve pikachu which sux. and brock is basically impossible

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
  • Too bad Pokemon Channel isn't an option. Out of the games listed, I'd have to say Yellow as well... (they removed the Cinnabar Island glitch).

yellow, you cant evolve pikachu which sux. and brock is basically impossible

Growl/Tail Whip spam, potions, and an extra "Martyr" Pokemon. Not too hard, just time consuming. If anything, Nidoran M/F @ double kick.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Of all the Pokemon games I've played so far... definitely Pearl. The battles were WAY too slow, the Pokemon SUCKED (mostly the starters, and any other Pokemon that wasn't an evolution or pre-evolution of an already existing Pokemon), and the region itself was just... boring. Strange though, because Pearl was the Pokemon game that got me SO hyped. I watched so many videos of it before it was released, so I really spoiled it for myself, lol. Definitely didn't turn out as good as I hoped. >.>

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I dislike Pokemon Diamond because it was really slow, but only by a little. I rarely hate pokemon games.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    out of those, fire red. I just couldn't stand the tutorial screen things. It was like "I know how to play and I get enough explaining as it is, leave me alone with these things"

Diablo361

Trainer of the Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

I give GSC a pass from being the worst because HGSS had a chance to fix everything wrong with the originals. Low levels, less plot than RBY, bland, empty Kanto, and a f**** huge level hike before Red is supposedly the best Pokemon games of all time. Hell no.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Fire Red and Leaf Green could have been a lot better. I dunno, they just felt watered down and boring. They didn't expand much on the original games, the Sevii Islands were uneventful and full of random "mysterious" nonsense... It was slowed down and stuffed with "helpful" features, like it was trying to appeal to new players rather than allow old fans to re-live the experience of the original games. RBY was a lot more fun for me than FRLG.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • No spin offs? 'Cuz I bought that one racing game (Pokemon Dash? ...Whatever) and then returned it the next day because I loathed it. XD

For the main games, I didn't really hate any of them. If I have to go with the one I liked the least, I guess I would have to go with FR/LG. I mean, I'm not gonna hate of the 1st gen Pokemon or anything, but let's face it, Kanto is kind of a boring region. The 3rd gen remake of it just kind of solidified how bland and uninteresting it was. I guess adding on the islands was supposed to be a nice touch, but eh. I didn't particularly like them probably because of getting between them was a biiit of a pain.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Oh.
    Diamond.
    SLOW.SLOW.SLOW.

I love all the Pokemons, but Platinum totally shows you how slow Diamond was... I can't even bear to turn on my Diamond now, and I've moved everything to HGSS anyway so...

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • Oh.
    Diamond.
    SLOW.SLOW.SLOW.

I love all the Pokemons, but Platinum totally shows you how slow Diamond was... I can't even bear to turn on my Diamond now, and I've moved everything to HGSS anyway so...

So true...
    Its taken me so much less time to get through Platinum. Diamond I'm a massive fan of, but it was just too slow. But I'm going with R/S/E since I never played it, and looking at it's Pokemon to offer, it doesn't look too good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back