• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Pokemon Game Hero Designs

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    The worst might have to be Kris she's only in one game and really she isn't the best-looking girl.

For the guys, I think Red looks way too much like Ash.

It is Ash that look like Red, not the other way around.

I think the protagonist from Diamond/Pearl are the worst. Glad they got new outfit in Platinum.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • Male characters:
    Lucas: Horrible hat, along with that scarf, make him seem a little fruity to me...
    Michael: Overly cartoonish, eyes just bulge out of his face, and is proportioned badly.

Female characters:
    Lyra: Ugh, I just hate her whole design, her hair, hat, pants... Kris looked so much better than her.
    Hilda: Ok seriously, those shorts are an awful idea, she looks like some kind of attention seeking "person of loose morals"...

Everything else I either like, or is part of Ranger/Not really pokemon (Trozei) games.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I've never liked Red. Not particularly sure why, as there's nothing strikingly wrong with him, but I've always thought he looks 6, rather than 10. I also detest baseball caps at all times, whether worn ironically or seriously, so that's pretty much the nail in the coffin for ol' Red.

SonGohan

ドラゴンボール
    Years
  • Lucas in Diamond and Pearl was the worst. They fixed 'em up a little in Platinum but he still has the worst design in my opinion. I'm OK with everyone else except his design.

Giga Flare

The Onion Knight
    Years
  • I didn't like Lucas's Sprite very much in DPPt. I absolutely love Black's Sprite. As for the females... My least favorite was May. I love White.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
  • I only hate Michael from XD. He looks younger than most of the other protagonists ever.

And, in a way, I dislike Dawn for having such good fanart (and the mini-miniskirt). If you know what I mean...

Noob out.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Lucas. I love how he looks like in the anime (which is just a cameo /BAW) and I adore him in Pokemon Special, but in the game I just don't like his sprite, or his game artwork. It just... doesn't look great. :[

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Ugh. Brendan I always thought was really weird. I couldn't tell what the hat was. Lucas was probably second worst but he was at least okay.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • RS Brendan was odd-looking in the artwork, Lyra was bleah, and Hilda looks disgusting. Absolutely abominable.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • The only "ugly" player character designs IMO are Lucy Fleetfoot and Mark of the Pokemon Trading Card Game GB1 for GameBoy.

Lucy: What kind of person has those eyes? The hair is offputting as well, and there's too much pink in the costume, not to mention legs that make her look like she'll topple over any minute. >_>

Mark: the coat looks a bit weird; the picnicker-bandana with intricate designs is pushing it too far and overdoing things.

ALL of the other player character designs are amazing, IMO. The only qualm I have is that Blair's BW clothes look way too similar to Lucas's Platinum outfit.

I refuse to acknowledge that as a hat. He has naturally white hair and is wearing a headband. This perception makes him infinitely more awesome imo. XD

THIS. It. Is. His. HAIR. :cer_nod:

Ken Sugimori himself stated that Brendan wears a knit hat. He said this on his Twitter page. There is nothing left to debate.

This...? (I can't even translate it properly. :x)

Spoiler:

LALALALALALALALA Pikachu's headband in Brawl (lacks the "white" part of the "hat") and "Brendan awarding Torchic a Ribbon" image (sideburns nowhere to be seen) for counterargument. :D

Hmm...I saw the same "Sugimori confirmation" on TVTropes earlier... :< Why hasn't Brendan's "hat" been clarified on his Bulbapedia article...it's on the Talk page, though... :\ Eh, I can always wait for Brendan's RS3DS artwork to retcon the "hat" into actually being hair. Seriously, as a hat, that is the weirdest hat in all of existence. ಠ_ಠ

White hair on Brendan is so much cooler due to its uniqueness and its implications of wisdom. :]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    The only one that really bugs me is Dawn's outfit. It's just so girly and pink. D: And it was even worse in Platinum, cause it looks like she has nothing on under that coat.

I also dislike the design of the male trainer in HG/SS, but seeing as I'm a girl I don't care too much. I only play as the boy trainer in Diamond. I actually like his hat.

Back