• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Rival

ben cousins

Backspacer
Years
  • Who Do You Think Is The Worst And Most Annoying Rival So Far? To Me It's Gotta Be Barry He Was About As Intresting As A Wet Paper Towel Adleast Cheren And Bianca Have A Little Bit Of Charecter

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    Although I have yet to play D/P/Pl and B/W, I can only say that the worst rival in my honest opinion has to be Blue from R/B/Y.

When compared to all the other ones I've seen in previous games, Silver had a better attitude and Brendan/May had better motivations AND attitudes.

Blue is annoying and only wants to prove he's a huge ******* to himself AND everyone else.

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • Although I have yet to play D/P/Pl and B/W, I can only say that the worst rival in my honest opinion has to be Blue from R/B/Y.

When compared to all the other ones I've seen in previous games, Silver had a better attitude and Brendan/May had better motivations AND attitudes.

Blue is annoying and only wants to prove he's a huge ******* to himself AND everyone else.
    But that makes him memorable and him being a douchebag made him a real ''rival'' compared to the others [except for silver he was badass]

Last edited:

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • Why do you begin all the words with a capital letter? Is your post some acronym? "WDYTITWAMARSF?TMIGBBHWAAIAAWPTACABHALBOC"?

I lol'd.

--

Personally, I believe that the most 'annoying' in terms of whom I believe would be the most irritatingly annoying person in real life would be Barry, because, in both the anime and games, he seems like a very flamboyant and
    fabulous character.

The most annoying, in terms of in-game difficulty, would have to be Green/Blue/Gary. Especially since I was quite young when RBY came out, and rushed through the games without any sort of tactic. Now he's not too difficult.

Last edited:

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Blue and Silver. "OH SNAP YOU DEFEATED ME, OH WELL YOU'RE STILL A WEAKLING KTHNXBAI."

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • and there's wally too, he's basically barry except less...flamboyant

I can sort of see the resemblance between the two, but it's like comparing mandarins with oranges. Wally doesn't really annoy me at all, aesthetically or otherwise. He is quite easy to beat.

Last edited:

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • Probably Barry, even though he has that level 85 Infernape when you rematch him he is still so annoying & his model looks stupid. I thought Blue was the best rival. Blue had a really organized team when you rematch him in FR & LG.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    I'd have to say Gary. He was so full of himself. :/ And always wanted to smell me later. xD

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Barry was the most annoying. But at the same time he was the most challenging with his Level 85 starter. o_o;; Bianca was cool. Stop hating! ;__;

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • Actually, N. He didn't stand up to my expectations.
    I thought he was going to be a trainer who was kind of 'on the edge' if you catch my drift, because of his harsh parenting and confused upbringing. He is practically the Pokemon Whisperer, if you think about it. I thought something pretty big was going to happen to him, or he would at least play a bigger role. He seemed more like a crybaby than anything else. It was more his father doing everything... He did almost nothing but talk about liberating Pokemon. I honestly expected a WHOLE lot more from him. Hopefully if they make a third version they will add more to his past... Because I am just not happy with him happily flying away in the end as if nothing ever happened or like everything is okay now.

...Cheren made me feel nostalgic of the original Silver. (The awesome Silver, before he went all innocent looking and emo) But he didn't stand up to the 'I'm a hard***' standard as I thought he would. He was definitely not really a favorite of mine.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • I'd have to say Gary. He was so full of himself. :/ And always wanted to smell me later. xD

LOL, Gary. Gary was fun to battle. I loved it when he sent out his Jolteon in Yellow. His Jolteon was awesome but nothing compared to my awesome Dragonite, MUHAHA. But Gary wasnt a real challenge for me. I had more of a challenge with him during our first battle then our last. What a concieted little jerk he was. XD

Barry was pretty annoying though, I have to agree.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Actually, N. He didn't stand up to my expectations.
    I thought he was going to be a trainer who was kind of 'on the edge' if you catch my drift, because of his harsh parenting and confused upbringing. He is practically the Pokemon Whisperer, if you think about it. I thought something pretty big was going to happen to him, or he would at least play a bigger role. He seemed more like a crybaby than anything else. It was more his father doing everything... He did almost nothing but talk about liberating Pokemon. I honestly expected a WHOLE lot more from him. Hopefully if they make a third version they will add more to his past... Because I am just not happy with him happily flying away in the end as if nothing ever happened or like everything is okay now.

I LOVED N's character, especially because of him being a 'pokemon whisper' and him deeply caring for them. You can tell that it hurt him to even have to have any of his own in pokeballs and to battle you. Since B/W were obviously rushed, I really hope Gray can REALLY bring more to the story and bring it to life even more.

As for the most annoying, I hate to have to say this...but I would have to say May/Brendan. Don't get me wrong, I actually liked them, but unlike other rivals...they just seemed like helpful strangers rather than an interesting addition into the story. If RS remakes are to come, I hope they make htem more involved and actually make them feel like important additions to the story.

This is why I hope they come on the 3DS.(another topic)

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I LOVED N's character, especially because of him being a 'pokemon whisper' and him deeply caring for them. You can tell that it hurt him to even have to have any of his own in pokeballs and to battle you. Since B/W were obviously rushed, I really hope Gray can REALLY bring more to the story and bring it to life even more.

I can see where you are coming from, but I guess I got my hopes up for months of looking at fan art (lol) and look up info. N seemed... Not as calm as he was in the game. When they released a photo of him, I figured he would be more of a headstrong, excited challenger. He looked carefree and ready to go. When I played the game I was very unhappy to see him so silent and upset all the time.

It made me think of what they did to my favorite rival, actually. Silver. In his first game, he was really epic. Strong, mean, hateful, full of anger. Suddenly, the manga comes out and everyone suddenly imagines him cowardly, scared, innocent, and calm. Even nice, once you get to know him. He even acts snobby and kind toward his Pokemon. I swear to god they turned him from a hard*** into a pathetic, cowering uke. A very unworthy rival.

I can honestly say, I loved the original Silver. But if he were anything like his manga self, I would have always hated him the worst.

...But yes, when they make Gray, I hope they do what they did in Platinum, when they made a whole new world with Cyrus and you could explore it. It was pretty epic. Maybe they will add more to N's past. That would be so awesome! I want N to have a better ending though... Seriously... He few away with his Pokemon and lived happily ever after. Come now.

Back