• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Worth buying a DS for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    I'm trying to decide whether or not I should buy a DS just for HG/SS... I sold my DSlite because I never used it, but would I get more use out of it, now?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Yes. The game is great, not as many after game quests as DPPt but still fun. (Coming from someone who hasn't played it but really wants to). I've seen game play footage :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    Yes. The game is great, not as many after game quests as DPPt but still fun. (Coming from someone who hasn't played it but really wants to). I've seen game play footage :)

All right. Are there any advantages to buying a DSi rather than a used DS lite?

cipE

Breaking
    Years
    I wouldn't, but that's just my opinion since I would use.. alternate methods to play the game. I mean look at the minimal price to play it.

DS (Original One) + HGSS Game = 80 + 44 = $125

The game isn't as fun as to pay that much money on it.

solastalgia

dancing through life
    Years
    All right. Are there any advantages to buying a DSi rather than a used DS lite?

In my personal opinion, no. I actually prefer DS Lites to DSi's (although that's personal preference). DSi can browse internet and take photos and whatnot, but none of that is relevant to gaming, so if you're buying a DS specifically for a game I'd just go with a DS Lite and save some money. :)

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    If you can find a classic DS (aka the Bulky one) buy that. Otherwise go for a lite or wait for a 3DS. This game is worth it, but it might be better to wait for the 3DS.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Go for the original Model or Lite. Surprisingly, the old models are better, since they have the GBA Slot, which some games utilize (any Pokemon DS Game to Pal Park, or Guitar Hero on DS)

That, or if you have no old GBA Games, then you're better waiting for the 3DS (should be out within the next year over here in the US)

GreenLanturn

Interior Crocodile Fraligatr
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    about a month ago i found myself asking the same question, and i went for it. it was 100% worht it

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    I wouldn't just buy a whole new system for one game.
    If you really want it though, consider buying a DS lite.
    The lite is only a little bit more than the original, but worth the money.
    If you have the money, go DSi, but since the 3DS comes out soonish it might not be the best idea to throw all your money into a system right now.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I suppose that's enough feedback there, so going to close (as mentioned consider the 3DS will come out in a while anyways). Any other questions, ask in the Help thread sticky at the top of the section, please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back