• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Would have been great if we had included THIS...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • I miss the Pokeathlon and making juices and stuff. I loved the idea of races and competitions, and the sweatsuits you donned were pretty creative. Always have been a fan of the PCs actually changing outfits every now and then (outside of XY, of course) and what we got in ORAS were pretty tacky outfits.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    The trainer customization would have been really cool to have. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of it it was the highlight of X and Y. On the other hand I spent hours at the Battle Chateau "Daddy needs a new jacket"

Years
  • I would have liked some of the Poketch's applications to be in the PokeNav too, like the pedometer for hatching eggs, or the egg checker for breeding purposes if you're too far away from any of the Day Cares.

This! This is what I also am missing like crazy, I especially found the pedometer quite useful when breeding.
    Also the friendship checker when evolving~~ Missing those alot...

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
  • Here's what i would have liked to have seen:

THE ORIGINAL BERRY BLENDER MINI-GAME!

and the battle frontier and the following pokemon and the gym leader rematches. the list could go on. let's make a list:

1. Battle Frontier
    2. HGSS Following Pokemon Mechanic
    3. Pokemon Contests from D/P/Pl
    4. Gym Leader Rematches
    5. Pokeathelon (the only place sunkern is useful btw)
    6. Pokemon World Tournament
    7. Sevii Islands from FR/LG
    8. Gambling. all of the slots and random coin gambling
    9. A Stadium-esque game to sync with. like HG/SS/P/D/Pl had Battle Revolution. we need a new one.
    10. Trainer customizations. and prefferably with removable hat.
    11. Original Red battle. just think about it.... Red with Mega-stones.... exactly.
    and finally:
    12. The ability to name your rival.

that,s what i came up with, feel free to add to it.

wait, i forgot:

13. Original Berry Blender
    14. Poffins
    15. putting seals on your pokeballs
    16. Poke Studios
    17. HGSS 8-bit music changer. the thing that brings back the nostalgic sounds.
    18. the radio that plays other region music to bring out different pokemon.
    19. bug catching contest.
    20. B2/W2 post game tower/tree
    21. B2/W2 game difficulty modifier
    22. B/W achievement buttons. still proud of the bug one.
    23. E-reader pokemon cards.
    24. Spiky-eared Pichu

i think thats it

Years
  • Oh yeah, here's one I think might have been mentioned, but the trainers should have gotten better move sets. Like, the five trainers in the Battle Resort that you can fight daily, for one, they have high levels but their moves are the same deal as if they were just caught. Not even Victory Road's trainers have anything interesting. The same can be said about some of the trainers you can rematch with the Trainer's Eyes, like those two Ace Trainers on Route 111 (I mean, a Haxorus that uses Dragon Dance AND Swords Dance, then Dragon Pulse? Seems legit). BW and B2W2 had Ace Trainers and Veterans with really strong moves in their arsenals (like those two Veterans in Pinwheel Forest in the latter), and even XY had some that were surprises, but these they clearly just rushed the trainers with.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm kind of imagining a mode where all of the trainers have an AI and Pokemon like in the Battle Maison; I think that would be pretty difficult, considering how it's not super easy to get really high records there. I mean, it's possible to make the game harder by restricting yourself to using certain Pokemon, but I dunno. Might be interesting to see how that could play out.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Got to say Pokemon World Tournament if I can't say Battle Frontier. Or this will sound weird but I wish that in ORAS that Brendan's hat was actually his hair. When I was young I always thought he just had white spiky hair and when ORAS came out I was gutted to find out it was just a hat!

Back