• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

would you ask for a Pokémon for Christmas?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • if Pokémon existed, would you ask for a Pokémon for Christmas?

if so, how would you ask for it...
    would you ask for just a certain type? e.g Fire or water
    would you ask for a specific Pokémon?
    would you ask for any Pokémon that can get a certain job done for you?
    would you just ask for any Pokémon?
    or one that is good for battling?
    or one that is an everyday pet?

how would you like the Pokémon gift presented to you? would you nickname your received Pokémon? discuss Pokémon as Christmas gifts here...

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
  • I would probably ask for a Purrloin or Poocheyna, just for the fact they can easily be housepets and Purrloin is adorable...and a Dark type.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • If Pokemon were real, I would definitely some day go out on an adventure. Assuming that Water Pokemon could live and battle out of water, the first Pokemon I would ask for would be a Staryu. I would name it Orion.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Yes, yes I would :) I'd probably ask for a Dratini but based on the Pokedex's description and all, I feel like they'd be tough to come across and when you do, they'd cost a ton lol. Plus, I feel like everyone in that family is cute (elegant in Dragonair's case) enough to be a pet and strong enough to fight competitively :)

Duosion

Duo
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2011
    I would ask for a Solosis. Because it would be all squishy and cute. :3
    Then it would evolve into a Duosion, then a big Squishy Reuniclus. XD

Last edited:

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • I think i've asked Santa before already when I was little. That and some of his reindeer flying powers, LOL. I would ask for one as a pet/that can get things done for me/can battle/and of the flying or dragon type preferably. But anyone would be great really. If ANYONE had any kind of Pokemon irl, that would be amazing.

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
    Years
  • I wouldn't ask for a specific pokemon :3
    I think that sort of ruins the purpose of a christmas present
    There's no surprise factor

But I'd ask for a certain type (probably poison or dragon) and prefer it to be good for battling

Disko_Rock

Pokémon Therapist
    Years
  • Obviously I'd want a Lickitung. It's just awesome..need I say more?

And I dunno, I'd probably go do the Gym challenge and/or Contest challenge to kill some boredom

lacella

monsters & macarons.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    if Pokémon existed, would you ask for a Pokémon for Christmas?
    YESSSSSS.

would you ask for a specific Pokémon? <--- dragonair.

how would you like the Pokémon gift presented to you?
    not fussy, as long as i get it!

it would be badass to have a dragon and fly/swim around with it. also they can change the weather :3.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As previously mentioned, I wouldn't ask for a specific Pokemon. I'd get a Pokemon primarily to have it as a pet and for battling purposes (like Growlithe).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • No, I would not ask for a Pokemon for Christmas. I would really rather have a Buick :) Or cash.

Unless it;s something like Mewtwo which I could use to conquer the galaxy. Then I might reconsider. But a Pokemon solely as a pet/starting traveling companion? No. As I mentioned, if I'm going on a journey in our world, car comes first so I can travel in style and comfort. Then comes the Pokemon.

(besides, I'm considering not celebrating Christmas anymore)

Years
  • I'd ask for a vulpix, preferably a young cub so that I could raise it from childhood. I'd primarily have it as a pet. However if everybody from my school had pokemon (which I live on the back of) I might occasionally battle with it, but not often.

Sari1292

Self Proclaimed Pokemon Ranger
    Years
  • I think I'd want a growlithe. They're supposed to be loyal to their trainers so it would probably make a good pet.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I've asked Santa for a Pokemon and never got one :<

I certainly would ask for one, but only if it was to keep me company and I suppose I would pick either an Eevee or a Pikachu because of their adorable looks.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • My family doesn't really do the whole buy presents and see what happens kind of thing. We just tend to ask each other what we want so that we don't get all disappointed. If I didn't already have one, I'd ask for a Vaporeon of course. It's my favourite, and Acid Armor would be cool. It could be used for battling and as a general pet.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Santa is bringing me a Petilil and that is final. Actually, I did get a crocheted Petilil. Not as a Christmas gift though. I bought it...but still, it counts for something.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • I did once... Santa doesn't like me though.

But yeah, sure why not I'd love a Hoppip, I'd have to keep her inside though (or on a lead outside haha) Probably as an everyday pet really, though if there were contests I might do them... Battling is a big no no, I would hate the concept and real life and the worry Hoppip would evolve is a big turn off.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I want a Hippopotas 'mon for Christmas
    Only a Hippopotas 'mon will do
    No Krookodiles
    No Electabuzzes
    I only like Hippopotas...es
    And Hippopatases like me too!

I would want a Larvesta. c: