• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Would you buy ORAS if you found out Delta Emerald was in development?

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I always buy all of the games personally. However, it's possible they're getting away from this 3rd edition theme with the games. Black 2 and White 2 were definitely a better idea than the Grey version we were anticipating. I'm hoping that they continue with things like that moving forward.

I'd prefer that in the future too, and if they include the updates that Emerald brought to Ruby/Sapphire I see no need for a third version even in remakes. However, since Emerald's storyline was a bit different (I thought it was cool to fight both Aqua and Magma in the same game!) I wouldn't be opposed to an eventual Emerald version down the line, since it seems like they stuck with the original storylines for OR/AS.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I probably won't buy any of the versions nor a 3DS, but if I knew that a Delta Emerald was coming I would probably wait for that... Unless Zangoose would be limited to Omega Ruby! Because I really want a Zangoose. I guess I could trade though, haha.

Honestly don't think they'll be making third versions for remakes though.

IceyGamer

Nothing but Ice in my veins
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2014
    Without a doubt I would. I liked playing Sapphire and loved Emerald. I'd definitely get both remakes. I don't know if I want to doubt Delta Emerald remake going off that they didn't make Grey, nor whatever the other game they trademarked was.(Forgot the name) But I really would like it to happen.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I would still buy AS on release, as Hoenn is my favourite region and I'm pretty hyped. However, I don't think I'd end up buying OR, I would probably just wait for Delta Emerald instead. Surely though we won't get Delta Emerald, it doesn't really make too much sense.

ZenonPrototype

Prodigy of Ice
    Years
  • Honestly, I would get all three, for the version exclusives. Also, Emerald would just be a combination of Sapphire and Ruby, and so I would like to know what I'm dealing with.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • This is honestly a fear I have! I will purposely not buy ORAS until some source confirms that it'll have the Battle Frontier (and maybe move tutors, hehe), because that will be the litmus test for whether a Delta Emerald is on its way. Unlike X Version, I'm in no particular rush to experience Hoenn as I already have my shoe-into the generation.

A too-good-to-be-real idea that occured to me is what if Z version and Emerald were condensed into a single game somehow.

SproutTower

Intermediate Hacker
    Years
  • This isn't really the thread but I'd like a Yellow remake in 3d much more then an Emerald remake. Or as long as they brought back Pokemon walking behind you.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I don't really care. Doesn't really matter to me. It's only 40 dollars for a game so yes i would buy ORAS and the new emerald when it came out as well even though I doubt we will see a emerald remake and we will get Pokemon Z

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • I buy all pokemon games even if it only includes a few changes :) im not the type of guy who buys one version.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2015
    I'm going to buy Omega Sapphire and I don't really care about any kind of Delta Emerald. If it had a lot of new features I would maybe buy it, but it's not really a big deal. It'd be kind of a waste of development time in my opinion.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • Whilst it's only $40 a game ($59.95 over here in sunny, fair-priced Australia), I'm currently going through some rough times financially, so yes I would still get OR/AS, but Delta Emerald would be something I would not be buying. Rayquaza isn't exclusive, the only difference between DM and OR/AS would be that it's both stories and has both exclusive Pokemon which I can, in reality, just trade my friend for, as he's preordered AS and I preordered OR.

Back