• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you change your past?

The Void

hiiiii
Years
  • If you had a TARDIS could go back to one moment in your life and do things differently, would you? There's no going back after that.

Because I certainly would.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • Despite that my life could've been so much better if I just made a few different life choices years back, it also could've been much worse because of it. If I could travel to a different universe where I did something different prior to changing anything, then I might. Granted, my belief on how time travel would work makes this thing all screwy in the first place.

Sage Ebock

Squirtle Squad 4 life
    Years
  • I would use such power to make the world a better place. It would be hard to figure out how, but I'd put in the time thinking of how, it definitely worth the effort I believe.

Maybe I would go back drunk and piss in the primordial soup. That sounds like it could have profound implications in the future :P

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • I would use such power to make the world a better place. It would be hard to figure out how, but I'd put in the time thinking of how, it definitely worth the effort I believe.

Maybe I would go back drunk and piss in the primordial soup. That sounds like it could have profound implications in the future :P

You're allowed to only use it once though :)

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I'd go back and literally strangle my idiot 16 year old self and tell him not to mess around and to take his exams seriously.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • Yeah, I would go back and tell myself in December to not ♥♥♥♥ up the best online friendship you've ever had.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Yea I'd go back to the day I was born and would kill myself. The world is much better off without me.

And if I couldn't do that then I would go back to 8th grade and punch myself in the face and force him to do his work and make sure he never gets a laptop so he isn't distracted by pokemon.

Years
  • I would go back to my childhood and see what was wrong with me, considering that nobody liked me for who I was when I was in elementary and middle school. I was always bullied as well and just didn't seem to fit in at all.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I would want to but I'd be afraid of messing something else up. >_< When I think about messing things up, I think of just knowing that because of those mess ups, I now know what not to do ever again. To me, they're like life experiences that teach you different things. Perhaps if I had never done them that I could've made an even BIGGER mistake. We all make mistakes after all.

Of course there are some things I've done in the past that I wished I'd never have done but I'm quite happy with my life right now I wouldn't want to risk throwing that away... The things that I've done that I wish I hadn't are things that lead to the good things in my life that I have.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I used to wish I could change past mistakes I have made. Now, I'm at a point where, if it wasn't for them happening, I never would have learned to be the person I am today. I think changing my past would alter how I've developed and matured too.

Years
  • Depends on how far back into the past you're talking about. To be honest, I wouldn't have changed a thing about my childhood because I believe I've been brought up by the best parents in the world; we may not have had the greatest living conditions or an excess of expendable income, but we were living comfortably during those years. Things have been much better since then: sister has graduated, we've moved to a better community, and overall, the family dynamic has never been better. The only thing I would change about my past would be my high school years, especially the last 2.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
  • When I was younger I met a girl. She was beautiful. Well, eventually we became best friends and, on Valentine' Day, started dating. Now, she came from a horrible family, she was abused, many people in her family were drug addicts or alcoholics. She for a time did meth since her sister sold it, she also cut herself regularly. Her father had raped her, as had some guy who used to live by her, and so had her uncle and cousin. But I loved this girl, so very much. Like no one else. Well, we dated for a good two months, then something happened: her mother had hit her and caused a nasty bruise, and when my Grandma ( As I lived with my Grandma) noticed I told her all about this girl being beat. Well, when I told the girl I told my Grandma, she begged me to make her not tell. Skip to the next day, she came to school (I went to a private christian school) and made some nonsense about a hit list up, and told the principal. Long story short, they thought I was a nutcase, and I was expelled. Later I found out that she was made by her family to say those things, lest she be beat/hit/raped again. I've never seen her since, all these years later and I still love her as much as I did then. And I'll never see her again. That's what I'd change. Sorry you had to listen to me rant on.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    When I was younger I met a girl. She was beautiful. Well, eventually we became best friends and, on Valentine' Day, started dating. Now, she came from a horrible family, she was abused, many people in her family were drug addicts or alcoholics. She for a time did meth since her sister sold it, she also cut herself regularly. Her father had raped her, as had some guy who used to live by her, and so had her uncle and cousin. But I loved this girl, so very much. Like no one else. Well, we dated for a good two months, then something happened: her mother had hit her and caused a nasty bruise, and when my Grandma ( As I lived with my Grandma) noticed I told her all about this girl being beat. Well, when I told the girl I told my Grandma, she begged me to make her not tell. Skip to the next day, she came to school (I went to a private christian school) and made some nonsense about a hit list up, and told the principal. Long story short, they thought I was a nutcase, and I was expelled. Later I found out that she was made by her family to say those things, lest she be beat/hit/raped again. I've never seen her since, all these years later and I still love her as much as I did then. And I'll never see her again. That's what I'd change. Sorry you had to listen to me rant on.

You're a good man, bro. I dated the love of my life for the past 7 months or so. She had a similar past, like your girls, but was older with a kid, so the family could have been avoided some what. She still had her family Co sign for her apartment and helped with her kid. I come into the picture and they break their part of the lease and stop their support. I was paying some of the bills and rent, of course, but couldn't pay a new deposit on the place and utilities. So she had to move 4 hours away, and wants me to move on. I regret not saving more and being able to prevent that.
    But keep your head up mate, girls with pasts like that aren't easy to date, trust me. I'm sure she loved you as well. If she doesn't find her way back to you, you'll find someone good.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
  • You're a good man, bro. I dated the love of my life for the past 7 months or so. She had a similar past, like your girls, but was older with a kid, so the family could have been avoided some what. She still had her family Co sign for her apartment and helped with her kid. I come into the picture and they break their part of the lease and stop their support. I was paying some of the bills and rent, of course, but couldn't pay a new deposit on the place and utilities. So she had to move 4 hours away, and wants me to move on. I regret not saving more and being able to prevent that.
    But keep your head up mate, girls with pasts like that aren't easy to date, trust me. I'm sure she loved you as well. If she doesn't find her way back to you, you'll find someone good.

Thank you. I'm not saying I'm happy you went through that too, but it's nice to have someone to sympathize with. I wish you the best as well. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    Thank you. I'm not saying I'm happy you went through that too, but it's nice to have someone to sympathize with. I wish you the best as well. :)

Yes sir, I'm glad I could share my story with someone who understands the pain. Glad I could do the same for you. Bro love.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I can't come back? Hmm, I guess I would go back to when I was in junior high, and just give my younger self a punch to the face. As violent as it may seem, I was a brat back in junior high.

I would also try to prevent my younger self to develop any procrastination habits I developed back then since they all pretty much stemmed from when I was in junior high. I'm a huge procrastinator in the present, and it's hurt some potential opportunities that have come my way just because I was just plain lazy to pursue them.

would also tell my younger self where I found the TARDIS so we can start a time loop

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Once I wanted to change my past time to when I was around 13-15 years old, but I think it will affect how my life's going, and my desire to stop making mistakes as well, so I'm not sure if the change in the past is much better though.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I would have one back in past and Prevent me from doing something that i accidently did and ruined something, a few years back!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Everyone has things that they regret. And for the most part, I wouldn't change them as I like who I am and those things help to shape you into who you are now. I don't think I would change anything that affected me one way or the other, but if I could I might want to try to revise things of my own doing that may have affected others negatively.

Back