• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you count THEM as legendary? / What makes a Pokemon Legendary?

Legendary or not? Select the Pokemon you consider Legendary

• Phione

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Unown

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Rotom

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Arcanine

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Spiritomb

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
Years
  • I describe a legendary Pokemon as one that GameFreak has announced as a legendary. It's simple but effective.

I voted only Phione as a legendary from this list since he/she/it is the son/daughter/child of a legendary, and it just seems like it would be a legendary. Don't ask me to go into detail, you'd understand in my size thirteen shoes.

The rest are rare Pokemon that are mistaken as legendaries (mostly Rotom), though Lucario was thought to be one when it was first announced, before Rilou was.

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    Legendary or Not?

Here is a list of Pokemon whose legendary status is debatable. So I want to know what you think.:

Phione: Offspring of the legendary Manaphy

Unown: Mysterious and appear in Johto legends

Arcanine: Listed as Legendary in the Pokedex

Rotom: One of a kind, does not evolve, genderless, and legendary battle music plays

Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite: The anime had referred to Dratini and it's evolutionary line as legendary there is even a banned episode named "The Legend of Dratini"

Spiritomb: Also one of a kind made of 108 murdered souls.

If there are any other's whose status is debatable feel free to discuss them as well.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I think Phione and the Unown are, but Arcanine is debatable. The rest of them I firmly believe aren't.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I think they have to be one of a kind and not breed and genderless.

Years
  • ^I think they're more of a "secondary legendary" xD The only pkmn. I really like calling legendary are the ones who are signature to the game (Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Groudon, etc.) But I voted for Dragonite, because I don't see Unkown, Arcanine, Spiritomb, or Rotom being legendary. Phione, on the other hand.... I guess.

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • I don't know...Phione would be a legendary judging by most people's standards. But I've never heard of any legend. ): Perhaps I've just been too out of the loop.

For some reason, I chose Unown. Not sure why.

Chainster

Captain Jäger of Ominous Blac
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2014
    Dratini and Dragonair and Dragonite are because the original pokemon series called Dratini and Dragonair legendaries and the have a legend about them told in pokemon series

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Oh sweet mother of pearl, this thread is over two years of age. We mustn't go messing with the dead after so long. All you'll find is dried up bones, dirt, and some bugs you just don't want to touch! A pure warning for your own good, do no go around posting in threads older than a month old since its last post date. Anything beyond that must rest in peace.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back