• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you date [fill in the blank]?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
  • Someone with different religious beliefs? (Christian and Muslim, Atheist and Christian, Catholic and Mormon, etc.)
    Probably yes as long as they don't force their beliefs on me seeing as I won't force mines.

Someone who is significantly older than you? (Maybe 10 years older.)
    I dunno, I don't really think I could. 10 is quite a gap, maybe up to 5 years but 10 is no.

Someone with different political beliefs from you (Liberal and conservative, non-political and very political, etc.)
    I hate politics with a passion as I find them boring so as long as you don't spend all day talking about politics, we'll get along very well.

Someone with HIV?
    I honestly don't know.

Someone who is bipolar?
    Yes as long as they're taking their medications. Even if they're not, I think I still would. It's the love that counts after all.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'd be with (don't do dating, waste of time) someone I love regardless of anything else.
    Obviously if someone's beliefs are so different from mine, it's unlikely we'd end up getting close in the first place. Otherwise... nothing else really matters. Not enough time in life to get hung up on details, especially when the answer to the real question is a resounding yes.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • • Someone with different religious beliefs? (Christian and Muslim, Atheist and Christian, Catholic and Mormon, etc.)
    I am at the moment, so this one is an obvious yes

• Someone who is significantly older than you? (Maybe 10 years older.)
    10 years is a huge gap. A year or two, sure, but I feel 10 would be a big enough gap for us to see the world differently. So no to this one.

Someone with different political beliefs from you (Liberal and conservative, non-political and very political, etc.)
    Lol, as if I care about politics.

Someone with HIV?
    That's a hard one. I'm going to go with yes, if the connection is strong enough.

• Someone who is bipolar?
    Depends on how severe.

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Mar 19, 2014
    Someone with different religious beliefs? (Christian and Muslim, Atheist and Christian, Catholic and Mormon, etc.)
    Yes I could, as long as they don't mind my occasional trolling. I'm never in the srs when trolling, I'm quite witty and it comes naturally. If they didn't flip a switch whenever I did that occasional crack, then yeah.

Maybe temporarily for the benefits, it would be cool to date a cougar xD

Yep, that's all them. People have their differences, and if they really like each other they'll get over it.

Someone with HIV?
    I would be hella cautious but yeah

Someone who is bipolar?
    I agree with the dude above, depends on how severe it is.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • -Someone with different religious beliefs?
    I'm agnostic myself, so I really don't discriminate. I, however, would stay away from fundamentalists because they think I'm going to hell and they hate gays. Plus, I find the whole idea of "Christian morality" to be amusingly crazy. Oh, and I'd stay away from al-Qaeda supporters.

-Someone who is significantly older than you?
    Possibly, as long as they actually were mature.

-Someone with different political beliefs from you?
    Sure, unless they were...
    a) Anyone whose political beliefs are based in crazy religious ideals
    b) A white supremacist or neo-Nazi
    c) A complete lunatic on either side of the political spectrum (I.E. PETA/Earth First for liberals, KKK/Family Values groups for conservatives)

-Someone with HIV?
    Sex isn't my primary goal, so sure.

-Someone who is bipolar?
    We all have our problems. As long as they didn't go crazy and try to kill me, sure.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    • Someone with different religious beliefs? (Christian and Muslim, Atheist and Christian, Catholic and Mormon, etc.)
    Why wouldn't I? I don't care if she doesn't believe in what I believe it.

If we were both older than 18, yes. Otherwise, no. That's kind of weird.

• Someone with different political beliefs from you (Liberal and conservative, non-political and very political, etc.)
    Idgaf about politics so as long as they weren't extremely passionate about it then yes.

• Someone with HIV?
    Hell no. 'Nuff said.

As long as they had control over it/were seeking help for it, yes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    • Yeah, I would date someone of a different religion. I have before and my parents didn't care too much. My parents probably would care, but oh well.
    • I probably would depending on how I feel about the person. If I truly loved the person, then I would.
    • Yeah, I have before. I'm perfectly fine unless they're a super radical person.
    • No way! I don't need the risk of that.
    • Probably not. I've dealt with a moody girlfriend before and at times it was not fun.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Assuming I was older, would I date...

Someone with different religious beliefs? (Christian and Muslim, Atheist and Christian, Catholic and Mormon, etc.)

My parents are Catholics and are very religious, so they'd kill me if I dated someone with a different religion. As for me, I didn't really inherit my parents' religiousness that much, so I would probably have to say yes.

I know that people say "Age doesn't matter" and all that, but no, I wouldn't date someone who's at least three years older than me. I could live with a partner who's one or two years older, I guess.

Yeah, sure. It's just politics.

Someone with HIV?

It really wouldn't be a wise decision, but yes, I would. Medical conditions would never keep me apart from someone I truly loved. If he has to die because of HIV/AIDS/cancer/tuberculosis/whatever, we die together. Assuming I really, really love him, of course.

Someone who is bipolar?

Nope. 'Nuff said.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Someone with different religious beliefs? As long as they are not trying to force their religious beliefs upon me. In which case, I probably wouldn't have given them a chance anyway, as I probably wouldn't be able to tolerate it.

Someone who is significantly older than you? I think it depends on the person.

Someone with different political beliefs from you? Once again, as long as they are not forcing their beliefs and standpoints on me. I'd love to debate with someone with opposing political beliefs though in the event that it becomes more than just a friendly debate between partners, I'd be done with the topic/them.

Someone with HIV? I... no.

Someone who is bipolar? Depends on them. I think I'd be willing to put up with it and support them as much as I can if I loved the person.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • • Someone with different religious beliefs? (Christian and Muslim, Atheist and Christian, Catholic and Mormon, etc.)
    Maybe. I mean, if it gets serious, and we decide to get married or have kids or something, we'd have to have major discussions about our beliefs, and what we are going to teach our children... But just as long as they aren't some annoying person who's forcing it in my face that I am wrong, and as long as he is open to opinions and options, then yes, I probably would.

I don't know. Maybe, depends on the person.

• Someone with different political beliefs from you (Liberal and conservative, non-political and very political, etc.)
    Well, I don't really care about politics, so, yes!

• Someone with HIV?
    Well, in dating itself it isn't a problem. Because, I'm saving sex for marriage and stuff. But yeah, once again, if it gets serious and we decide to marry, then we'll have to seriously face this problem..

Yes. I have autism, I'm not going to push someone away just because of a mental disorder. I'd want to help them in any way possible.

Years
  • Am I the only one who thinks it's rude how some people on this thread say things like "No, I'd never date a person with HIV when they were so nasty enough to sleep with nasty people and got it." Sorry, but not all people who have HIV are nasty and there might be people who got it that are friendly and nice etc. What if they slept with someone who kept the fact that they have HIV from them and got it because of this instant. I feel, some comments on this thread are very unfair to the people who got HIV.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
  • • Someone with different religious beliefs? As long as they're not a jerk about it sure.

• Someone who is significantly older than you? Depends on how exactly big the gap is and of course if we loved each other.

• Someone with different political beliefs from you? Same as with religious beliefs.

• Someone with HIV? No.

• Someone who is bipolar? Depends on how severe it is.

Years
  • Am I the only one who thinks it's rude how some people on this thread say things like "No, I'd never date a person with HIV when they were so nasty enough to sleep with nasty people and got it." Sorry, but not all people who have HIV are nasty and there might be people who got it that are friendly and nice etc. What if they slept with someone who kept the fact that they have HIV from them and got it because of this instant. I feel, some comments on this thread are very unfair to the people who got HIV.
    I think most people here have been pretty neutral about this and are not saying that's what they think of people with HIV. Since we're talking about who each of us would be comfortable dating it's okay if people aren't comfortable with the idea of dating some people and that's their choice and freedom.

Years

Interesting point. As I mentioned in my post, I'd make it work with someone that has HIV if we're definitely in love. And while my online experience with a past relationship was pleasant for the most part, she spoke of the possibility of being unable to have children. So I sympathize with her and others like her.

It's rude to place that kind of judgment on people with HIV, as you implied, because we never know the cause - and in my case, effect - of people with HIV. They may be unaware, even lied to, of their partner having it and as a result they are the ones who end up suffering.

Ludds

I am British
    Years
    Yes, as long as they did not force their beliefs on me and respected my choices, as I would do for her.

At 17 years old, I really couldn't say that I could date a 27 year old. To be honest I think 10 years is a bit much (although that is just my personal feelings, I have no problems with other couple with such an age gap...)

Yep, as long as they accept my friendly banter.

• Someone with HIV?
    Nope. Sex is an important part of a relationship for me. Also, one has to wonder how they got the disease in the first place.

I'd give it a try.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2013
    no. this probably seems ok at first but down the line i could bet my lucky stars there would be a lot of misunderstandings/fights/arguments that could be easily averted by practicing the same religion.

no

NO

Someone with HIV?
    no

Someone who is bipolar?
    i'm sorry, no. i have a friend who has this condition, and despite the fact that i've given as much help as i am capable of giving her, i really don't want to get close to her anymore. it's just an additional unnecessary weight upon my shoulders. i'd never do it.

wow seems as if i'm a very close minded person huh? well whatever. in the end it would always depend on whether the person is worth all the stress and all the hassle.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
    Sure, just so long as they don't force me to conform to them. I don't believe in anything in any religion so dating someone religious at all might be a bit of a challenge. Probably why I've stuck with other atheists.

I did it actually. Was 19 and just got out of basic training. A hot 30 year old took a liking to me. Taught me so many things. :D

Much like the religious one, I could, but it most likely won't work out. Especially if they have radically different views. I don't follow politics much.

• Someone with HIV?
    I'm gonna have to say no on this one. I don't think I could do it. Not that sex is everything, but it's a large part of relationships as much as people don't like to admit and while I know it's possible to have a sex life with someone with HIV, I'd just rather avoid it all together.

No thanks. I've tried it and it's probably one of the most frustrating things I've ever experienced.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Someone with different religious beliefs? This is a really big no, I don't want someone cramming it down my throat and trying to convert me.

Someone who is significantly older than you? I have really strong feelings for someone who's older than me by 6 and a half years, so if it was allowed in both of our countries, then yes, I would.

Someone with different political beliefs from you? Same as religion answer

Someone with HIV? NO. I would want to be with a clean person, because there's always a chance I could contract it, and that's too big of a risk to take.

Someone who is bipolar? I have high functioning autism, but I could never date someone who's extremely happy one minute and depressed the next. Just, no.

TouretteUnicorn

Professionally unprofessional
    Years
    So long as it wouldn't put any strain in our relationship. I don't generally associate religion with anything I do though, or at any time really. So unless they tried to conform me to their religion, or shoved it down my throat, then I wouldn't mind dating something with different religious views.
    I wouldn't mind dating someone up to 4 years older then I am. Generally because at my current age, they may have children of their own already at (6+) and I'm not quite ready to settle down just yet.
    I wouldn't mind it. If they're fun about it, it could lead to some harmless but interesting debates.
    • Someone with HIV?
    Cannot do. Even if its genetically passed along, I have a huge fear of sicknesses.
    I've already dated someone who was bipolar. The mood swings honestly is what killed our relationship, and also drove me into depression. I honestly probably wouldn't again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    Someone With Different Religious Beliefs
    Yeah, but if they try to convert me, I'mma drop dat.

Significantly Older Than Me
    Lord no.

Someone with Different Political Beliefs
    Why not? I'm not firmly grounded when it comes to politics.

Someone with HIV
    Maybe, but no sexual contact

Someone who is Bipolar
    I'm screwed in the head myself (No known disorder, but I don't think a lot of the time), so sure.

Back