• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you date someone of a different race?

Would you date a person of a different race than your own?

• Yes

Votes: 66 83.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I wouldn't mind dating someone of a different race. My parents won't approve of it though, and since I don't want to disobey my parents, I most likely am not going to do it. But if the person has a lot of things in common, I'm emotionally attracted to him, and he's attracted to me as well, then I may try to persuade my parents and have their minds changed. If they still don't accept it, then unfortunately, I'll be required to just get over it. D:

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • of course I would as I am mixed with other races myself(mixed mainly with white,but also cherokee,jamacian ect)

Years
  • Can't resist. I need to list all of the attractive people out there to represent a mix of races. Excuse any inadvertent category errors! The point is that beauty seems to transcend biological race, well in my subjective opinion anyway. I made sure to include a male and female example so no one is left out! I love physical differences among races; each race has its own unique features. Further, I love seeing how these unique features blend.

Asian:
    Spoiler:
    Black:
    Spoiler:
    White:
    Spoiler:
    Hispanic:
    Spoiler:
    Middle Eastern/West Asian
    Spoiler:

Oh, I forgot to mention. My mom has always wanted me to date an Asian (somewhat jokingly, though somewhat serious), because they are intelligent, educated, wealthy, talented, and level-headed. I always thought it was the funniest thing since I am white and native american, though, I am certainly not opposed. I don't think I will actively seek out Asian men only based on stereotype, even if it is a positive stereotype. :p

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Would enjoy going out with a coloured woman. I think the cultural differences would be a massive learning curve at better knowing the human race.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I already am! :P An asian girl.

Also the concept of "race" is very subjective. If I were to date, let's say, a white American girl, I'd assume I'd be dating someone from my same race -white-; while, for her, I'd be a Hispanic male and therefore from a different race. I have always found that very interesting.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • Well,if i have to talk about race i'm a Mediterranean Caucasian but i don't like talking about race because humans are humans no differences...i don't know if it's only me but i always feel talking about races is kinda racism...weird?? not sure but this is how i feel tbh.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Yeah I see nothing wrong with that. Race shouldn't matter for most part, though I'm really as attracted to Black women as other races (really hope doesn't sound racist cause I'm not trying to be) but there are alot gorgeous black women out there.If their really emotionally/mentally attractive, however , that's be more fine by me. But any race I'd be fine dating. If I find a person attractive both physically and emotionally and see them good as person, then I'd date them despite their race.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • I already am! :P An asian girl.

Also the concept of "race" is very subjective. If I were to date, let's say, a white American girl, I'd assume I'd be dating someone from my same race -white-; while, for her, I'd be a Hispanic male and therefore from a different race. I have always found that very interesting.

That actually sums up my current relationship very well and it's weird to think about it like that.

As for my own personal preferences, I take what I can get so it doesn't matter to me. Black, white, Asian, Hispanic, girl, guy, other, gay, straight, living puddle of slime, half-snake, sentient volcano - you name it. I'm not picky, but I'm also not preachy when it comes to the preferences of others since nagging them won't have an impact or anything. It's one of those issues where I only have enough leeway to think about myself.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Sure, why not? I generally find white males attractive though. Not saying that to sound mean or stereotypical, it's just what I'm generally attracted to. But I find Indian guys to be very attractive as well.

Black, white, Asian, Hispanic, girl, guy, other, gay, straight, living puddle of slime, half-snake, sentient volcano - you name it.

Mmm. The sexiest.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • What the hell are you, koff~

I'm actually a snake. Err. Let me explain. I have so much going on in my genetics and racial background that I've been mistaken for (this is a list, but not a total list): Russian, Italian, Native-American, Egyptian, Black (funny thing, I am black), Hispanic, Middle-Eastern, British, and a myriad of other things. Why? Because I can look the part. I think the most interesting thing is that an Egyptian man was speaking to me (as a brother) about how ". . .women should remain at the home in this country." and I almost burst out laughing. This occurred in a restroom, if that makes it even funnier. The only thing I can't pass for is Asian. I'm over six feet tall and I think my stature would give me away.

There are a few cultures that I'd rather not date. Certain Middle Eastern and African cultures that firmly believe in female genital mutilation, a big no-no. If I have a daughter (I do so hope for a daughter and not a boy.) then it might become an issue. I'm not particularly attracted to African women or the Dutch. Russian women are okay. I think it might be for selfish reasons, but I'd really be interested in dating a Japanese girl to help me with my Japanese. I think it also might be cute to see us walking side by side due to the inevitably height difference, koffi~

Years
  • Culture can be a big problem for me and as much as there is often a big overlap between race and culture, race is not a problem for me. I've dated people who are white, Hispanic, and Asian for the record.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Culture can be a big problem for me and as much as there is often a big overlap between race and culture, race is not a problem for me. I've dated people who are white, Hispanic, and Asian for the record.

Oooh, yes. This is a great point, actually. Although this isn't race specific and it's more about religion, I have two friends that are dating that are of different religions, and both are under the Christianity blanket as well, so you think this wouldn't be an issue. But the guy's mom is insanely into her religion and took her son out of school and away from this girl because this woman truly believes that she will be the reason her son goes to hell. She makes him call her and break up with her when she finds out they've been talking. She hacks his Facebook to make sure they're not talking as well. It's upsetting, really. He's really close to one of my other friends, and she really hates that this pulls him apart from her, as well as his girlfriend and all his other friends and I mean...school. She took him away from his education because of this. I hope she realizes that she is creating a huge gap in her relationship with her son for their future.

Like I said, that's more into religion (I guess in part to culture though?) so yeah. That being said though, I don't know how well I could deal with someone whose cultural differences would get in the way, even if it's at the fault of parents or someone else aside from me and whoever I'm dating. Did that make sense? lol

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I would but they would have to be the same religion as me. My parents won't approve if they're not the same and it's much easier on yourself to date someone of the same religion (if you happen to be religious that is)...

Years
  • ... The only thing I can't pass for is Asian. I'm over six feet tall and I think my stature would give me away...

SAY WHAT DAWG? COME OVER HERE BOI...

I've only ever dated one person, so I guess I don't really know my preferences. I don't think race is as big of an issue as where they're from. It's probably easier to get to know someone from the big city versus someone from a little town. Or something who's gone to university versus someone who came straight out of high school. I think "class" is a bigger player than race.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Oooh, yes. This is a great point, actually. Although this isn't race specific and it's more about religion, I have two friends that are dating that are of different religions, and both are under the Christianity blanket as well, so you think this wouldn't be an issue. But the guy's mom is insanely into her religion and took her son out of school and away from this girl because this woman truly believes that she will be the reason her son goes to hell. She makes him call her and break up with her when she finds out they've been talking. She hacks his Facebook to make sure they're not talking as well. It's upsetting, really. He's really close to one of my other friends, and she really hates that this pulls him apart from her, as well as his girlfriend and all his other friends and I mean...school. She took him away from his education because of this. I hope she realizes that she is creating a huge gap in her relationship with her son for their future.

Like I said, that's more into religion (I guess in part to culture though?) so yeah. That being said though, I don't know how well I could deal with someone whose cultural differences would get in the way, even if it's at the fault of parents or someone else aside from me and whoever I'm dating. Did that make sense? lol

Sounds pretty bad, koff~

If I am brutally honest, I absolutely hate the idea of religion with my entire core. Philosophies are great, sure. But religions end lives over nothing, and nothing will ever change that fact. Some can say about all the good a certain religion has done for a people, but ignore the fact that thousands died because they didn't want to believe the same thing. I don't know. Religion is a touchy subject and one that should be stayed away from (by me).

Take the boy's mother for example. She's way to extreme for her own good. Her son will rebel and shun this religion for a period of time before he even picks it up again, if he ever does. Invading people's privacy is a good way to get your hand lopped off. . . also, read Stephan King's Carrie. The mother is absolute insanity, koffi~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I'm multicultured baby... lol
    I see no problem of dating with someone who has different color than me.
    As long as their philosophy, religion, culture and other beliefs, does not clash with my lifestyle.

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I am not so multicultured but I look that way, people always come to the assumption im Latina or Native American but the truth is my heritage is very multicultural but it's largly European so yeah I guess it depends on how others see my race to really answer that question.

the answer from me... YES!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I have to say I'm loving this "would you date" genre of threads lol

Yes, I would date someone of a different race, but it depends which one. I have no trouble admitting that I am not sexually attracted to black men or Asian men (though if I were straight I know I would be attracted to both black and Asian women because damn they fine), so the different race would have to be some kind of European descent.

Back