• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you ever date a bisexual person?

Would you ever date a bisexual person?

• Yes

Votes: 57 77.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • I'm not sure...

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    Title says it all :) The "would you date a trans person" thread was very interesting to me, and I was curious to see the PC's thoughts on dating a bisexual person. As for me, the answer is yes, as long as the guy didn't have an interest in polyamory.

Years
  • Well, I am. So I guess that sums it up for me.

I don't see why you wouldn't, hell it is actually something of an achievement as you have to compete with men and women to gain their interest xD

Sirfetch’d

Sure, why not? As long as I am both emotionally and physically attracted to them there is no harm whatsoever in this. I could care less that they are also attracted to the other sex.

Years
  • Yes, and as a matter of fact, I have. My first girlfriend was bisexual.

As long as the girl doesn't do things with other women when I'm in a relationship with her, I wouldn't mind.

Edit: After seeing the post below, I felt like addressing the polyamory question as well. I'm not against it, it's just that I don't want to be a part of it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I hold no issue to bisexuality, nor, since you raised it, polyamoury. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on why the latter is a problem.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    I hold no issue to bisexuality, nor, since you raised it, polyamoury. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on why the latter is a problem.

Because, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't polyamoury when you want to date more than one person at once? If I am not enough for someone, than I'll just have to send them on their way, and I would never want to share my man! BUT, I hope people who are into polyamoury don't take offense to this, As I am not trying to judge. It just isn't for me. ALSO, just to be clear, I brought up polyamoury because there is a bit of a stereotype that if you date someone bisexual, they will want to have someone of the opposite/same sex as well. Not that I buy into this at all, I just felt it was maybe worth bringing up.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • Yep.

Is it bad that I would like to know if they were bi beforehand? Just so that I like knew, you know. It feels sort of rude on my end because they aren't obligated to tell me their sexual preference, but if I ever saw them cheating on me with the opposite sex I'd be really... betrayed, even more so than just cheating because I would have assumed that they only liked men or something. idk it sounds stupid and selfish (because it is) but

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Why not?

I don't understand why people seem to think that since they're attracted to both sexes, it makes them more likely to want to be in relationships with more than one person at once. I'm sorry, but that's absolutely ridiculous. It's not different from being heterosexual/homosexual. We all are attracted to multiple people. Whether or not we choose to go for more than one at once has nothing to do with the direction/s of our sexualities.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Because, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't polyamoury when you want to date more than one person at once? If I am not enough for someone, than I'll just have to send them on their way, and I would never want to share my man! BUT, I hope people who are into polyamoury don't take offense to this, As I am not trying to judge. It just isn't for me. ALSO, just to be clear, I brought up polyamoury because there is a bit of a stereotype that if you date someone bisexual, they will want to have someone of the opposite/same sex as well. Not that I buy into this at all, I just felt it was maybe worth bringing up.
    I was about to ask you why you associate polyamory with bisexual people, because I have never ever heard of that stereotype. I have heard the stereotype that bisexual people are more likely to cheat on someone, because they're open to almost the entire population of the world sexually, but that's completely different than polyamory. If you find a faithful person to you, you don't have that problem, though.

Years
  • I was about to ask you why you associate polyamory with bisexual people, because I have never ever heard of that stereotype. I have heard the stereotype that bisexual people are more likely to cheat on someone, because they're open to almost the entire population of the world sexually, but that's completely different than polyamory. If you find a faithful person to you, you don't have that problem, though.

This stigma is actually fairly common. The assumption is if someone is attracted to men and women, they will date both simultaneously (or at least want to). This, is of course, not entirely true. Rather, when dating a bisexual person, many people, rightfully so, may feel diffident in their sexuality. "Perhaps this bisexual person isn't completely satisfied with me."

While considering dating a bisexual, I would suggest having an open discussion about some of these concerns (in the least judgmental way), and if there is a consensus on what both of you ultimately want to get out of the relationship, then, sure, why not? I know for some people though, if this diffidence is too much, then it may be best not to start a relationship knowing it would create needless anxiety and hurt feelings.

I, for one, would very much consider dating a bisexual person.

And, some valid reasons why people would opt to not be in a polyamorous relationship:
    (Spoilers are up since this is a bit off-topic; again, doesn't have much to do with bisexuality.)

Spoiler:

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • It depends. I've dated a bisexual women before but she had the idea that is was cool to have a boyfriend and a girlfriend at the same time. Got rid of her pretty quickly. I would still date one as long as they would stay loyal.

Years
  • I don't have much of an issue with that, so I would. :o Though I've seen some bisexual people who think they're entitled to both a boyfriend and girlfriend so those kinds I definitely wouldn't date as I'd like my lover, whatever kind of person they may be, to be loyal to me only.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I probably would,as long as they were committed to me. I really would not be happy if a boyfriend of mine ran off on me to date another guy, so I do have some insecurities surrounding the concept, but I am not completely opposed to it, as long as the person is open about everything and trustworthy. I definately would not be ok with a person Im dating going out with both me and a guy at the same time, that is not what im ok with.

Snivy

Destiny Demon's A L T
    Years
  • Sure I'd date a bisexual person. Well I'm bi, so yeah. But I see no problem whatsoever.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • I can't imagine it ever being a problem. I would be a hypocrite if I used it as a reason to not be in a relationship with someone, I suppose.

I do think that the idea of bisexuality/pansexuality = polygamy is absolutely ridiculous. It's rather offensive, actually. If someone likes the idea of being in a romantic relationship with multiple people then it'll have no connection to their sexuality.

Years
  • I don't know if my parents would like it (I doubt it), but I don't really care if my future girlfriend is bi as long as she stays loyal.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    This stigma is actually fairly common. The assumption is if someone is attracted to men and women, they will date both simultaneously (or at least want to). This, is of course, not entirely true. Rather, when dating a bisexual person, many people, rightfully so, may feel diffident in their sexuality. "Perhaps this bisexual person isn't completely satisfied with me."

While considering dating a bisexual, I would suggest having an open discussion about some of these concerns (in the least judgmental way), and if there is a consensus on what both of you ultimately want to get out of the relationship, then, sure, why not? I know for some people though, if this diffidence is too much, then it may be best not to start a relationship knowing it would create needless anxiety and hurt feelings.

I, for one, would very much consider dating a bisexual person.

And, some valid reasons why people would opt to not be in a polyamorous relationship:
    (Spoilers are up since this is a bit off-topic; again, doesn't have much to do with bisexuality.)

Spoiler:

Nice post! You made a lot of good points. Oh, and just to be clear... I hope no one misunderstood me when I brought up polyamory. I certainly don't believe the stereotype, but I have heard many people express that fear when this topic is brought up. I hope no one took offense by me bringing that into the thread D:

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    Of course. This may sound kinda creepy but for men, I have a preference for them being bi, lol. And with women it would be cool if they were bi too, although I've always been more attracted to lesbian women than bi women. It's not because I think lowly of bi women (I mean, I technically am one), that's just always how I felt.

Back