• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you ever want to be a mod?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    when i was younger i really did and i got the opportunity to finally be one and it was okay. i feel like at the time it was a bigger deal to be a mod and i guess that made it more exciting, but where being on staff is a group activity/mentality and i'm more of a to the side person i guess it didn't click with me and it didn't live up to what the hype was for me. I ended up leaving after a short while, but I feel like while i was on staff i was fair and cared for my section

if i had endless time i'd try again, but i don't think the staff now would ever vote me in lol

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    you could say that was my goal on previous forums i've been on haha. on those forums regular users were fairly expendable, the clique of mods were pretty much praised. unlike those other forums, PC's uniqueness is created by both the regular users and the staff.

so to answer your question, it'd be cool to be on staff buut i'm also cool as a regular user.

Years
  • Not anymore.

Ask me 5 years ago or more and I would've said yes. I liked doing the work and the perks were pretty cool too. And ngl there was probably the desire to be important and do important things. But those feelings faded and I left staff. Never looked back.

These days I just want to chill. I'm a manager at work. That's plenty enough responsibility for me.

In the old days I used to think I'd retire to mod-dom one day when I couldn't be as involved on PC, but nowadays "moderators" are way way more involved haha. "Moderator" isn't even the right term anymore, hardly anything needs actual moderating. In modern PC, the correct term is, like.. Forum Governor. Or Forum Lead.

Those guys work wayyyyy hard on their little slices and it'd take just as much as it takes being h-staff to be a mod, so naw. haha.

Reading this and some of the other posts makes me glad I quit modding when I did. Y'all were starting to shift the mod position from "forum janitor" to "forum leader". I was definitely a janitor, not a governor. If I had stayed, I wouldn't have lasted.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Oh boy. This topic...well. -cracks fingers-

Might as well.

A while ago I would've said yes. Yes because back then I was obsessed with this site, so much that I'd access it during classes at school. Nowadays, though, I'm here for an hour or two when I've got nothing else to do. Not as dedicated to here or the Pokemon series in general anymore.

My answer now would be no. It's not a no due to reasons I'd deny a position of power, like the whole "mods = gods" thing. That...doesn't really exist here, I don't think. I've never seen anyone polish a mod's shoes here because they could - it's equal to me.

Answer's no because...to be honest, I'd be away from my chosen section very frequently, and I'd be generally unreliable. Sure, I love mouthing off about the things I find enjoyable in Pokemon despite not having played any main games in about a year, but I spend more time being a poor League player than I do here.

Besides, this site's already got good enough staff, and blue names are now a supporter thing!

Makes mod blue less of a thing to behold. :p

Years
  • I would LOVE to be mod one day, but I don't think I'm old enough to handle to responsibility...

I recall the average age for PC staff is between 19 and 25, but we have occasionally had ones younger or older than that group (iirc Olli and Pepperton were around 14 and 15 when they got modded, plus we have Astinus and ex-TC mod Cordelia among the over-25's group).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pretty sure Spherical Ice was like 12 when they got modded for the first time...so yeah, age has nothing to do with it. :x

Yeah, a mod known as The Master. Erica has also told me that back in the day, there was a 13 year old admin or something.

Anyway, age doesn't matter, it's maturity when it comes to moderators, if you ask me.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Someone should make a thread of PC's history line. I've been curious about this; everyday I learn about someone who used to be mod/smod/admin. That could be interesting to read.
    There's been talks for a long while to do a written PC history/wiki, and I've recently been trying to push it because I'm essentially the archivist/historian for h-staff. But nothing has happened with the project for one reason or another.

Years
  • Yeah! I'm also curious about privous S-mod and mod. There are even some former mods who posted in this thread. I really don't know some of them. I really want to know about them.
    As for wanna-be mod thing, I don't know really. Everything is awesome. I like to be a mod if opportunity came but i really didn't done a thing to make pc awesome. I just like to be a regular member here.

Years
  • There's been talks for a long while to do a written PC history/wiki, and I've recently been trying to push it because I'm essentially the archivist/historian for h-staff. But nothing has happened with the project for one reason or another.

I would love to see such a project get written, it would be a nice concept and with 14 years of existence it would definitely make for some useful history to be written.

Sirfetch’d

I'd be really excited to know all about the history of the Treehouse and it's predecessor names! I know of the most recent moderators before me but I hardly know anything about the place pre-2012. Would be so cool imo :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    There's been talks for a long while to do a written PC history/wiki, and I've recently been trying to push it because I'm essentially the archivist/historian for h-staff. But nothing has happened with the project for one reason or another.
    Lemme help, it could be really fun c: thracing people and finding typical trends for certain years and analyze how forums have changed etc.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • gimme that pc history yasss

re modlife: i just like being in charge of small areas and building community on that small scale. however that happens to be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016

i am also available to help with the archive project, should you need it. <3

Back