• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like to see R/B/Y & G/S/C in the eShop?

blue

gucci
Years
  • So it occured to me that theres a posibility that Nintendo might release the first Pokémon games created that are no longer playable on current consoles, that is Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver & Crystal.

This got me really excited because I always get the urge to play these but hardly can anymore, only with ROMS on my Computer/Laptop, which lets face it, its alright but its not as good as on the handheld besides, they might implement new features such as multiplayer online batteling via Infra red or wireless/Wi-Fi but
    still keeping it the same game, its unlikely but possible.

My question is, would you like to see and would you buy Pokémon R/B/Y & G/S/C games in the eShop?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • True, but the whole idea of the eShop is to release older games for older consoles such as the GB, besides some people prefere the older to the remakes.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • No, I have the cartridges, so I personally could careless. If I want to play them again I will just bust out my Gameboy Color of my GBA or GBA SP. On top of this I already have remakes FR/LG & HGSS.

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
    Years
  • I would because I hate FRLG,and HGSS lost GSC levelling.However my lack of 3DS woulçd make it useless for me tho.But there are always hoep,so yea,I woiulod buy(If I also had moiney,wut's a whole 'nother story T.T)

Years
  • I think I would actually, since I can't find any of my R/B/Y games, and my Gold doesn't work anymore.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Crystal, maybe. The others, probably not. I do prefer FR/LG to R/B, and I'd pass over G/S in favor of Crystal. But I think I would like to play Crystal as an alternative to HG/SS

Main reason is the lack of a female playable trainer in all the old games up until Crystal.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Yellow yes. If I wanted to Replay Red or Blue I'd play FR or LG. If I wanted to play G/S/C I'd just play Soul Silver or Heart Gold. Yellow is the only one that wasn't remade so that be the one I'd want to play. Hopefully they'd make a Surfing Pikachu addition so we can play the Surfing Mini Game too.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • It sounds like a good idea but I wouldn't get it if its on the eShop, thats why I have ROM's and besides, I'm too busy enough to be playing the current Pokemon games. But I do agree with Pyrax, no point.

:t354:TG

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    i will like to see yellow because is based of the anime and I got already FR and HG/SS.

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
  • To be honest...no, not really. Whilst the Pokemon gameplay has gone absolutely nowhere since its conception, the interface for the original games is so horrendously outdated that I think I'd probably go insane trying to play them again. Battles are faster and smoother these days, and you're not fighting a battle with your handheld just to get a Pokemon to do something anymore. But then, I am of the opinion that old, outdated games shouldn't be re-released with no changes added to them, just for the sake of nostalgia. It hasn't worked with Ocarina of Time on the 3DS, and I highly doubt it would work with the original Pokemon games.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    No, they would no work in the eShop as a virtual console game. They would work well in the 3D classics series, seeing as games have a redesign when they are ported.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Gold/Silver/Crystal are a must, if you ask me.

Crystal is the only game that if they put it on the eShop I'd have to rush out and buy. My Crystal's battery is going out and it is my favorite Pokemon game ever. I'd love to have a copy of it that won't die. Having it on my 3DS would be the best way to have it, as well - with a lit screen!

I really hope Nintendo does this. I don't see the point of the eShop if they won't put big name games like this on it. And just because I wouldn't personally purchase a game off of eShop doesn't mean that I'm going to stay "Screw you" to everybody else and say "No, it shouldn't be on there."

Yellow yes. If I wanted to Replay Red or Blue I'd play FR or LG. If I wanted to play G/S/C I'd just play Soul Silver or Heart Gold. Yellow is the only one that wasn't remade so that be the one I'd want to play. Hopefully they'd make a Surfing Pikachu addition so we can play the Surfing Mini Game too.

Your post honestly doesn't make any sense to me.

FR/LG only account for Red/Blue, yet HG/SS account for Gold/Silver and Crystal somehow? I know that HG/SS incorporated some of Crystal's features, but there are still differences, particularly in the female protagonist.

Yellow will never get a "remake" because Nintendo doesn't seem to care to remake the third edition of each game.

Years
  • I have Red, plus FR/LG. Dont need that.
    Got the G/S/C, plus HG. Thats enough Johto.

However, I would be eternally grateful if they put in Pokemon Yellow. That is my all-time favorite game, and I recently lost it, so being able to replay it would bring tears to my nostalgic eyes :3

GXS

<---Following Red ;P
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    I would actually like to see Nintendo put the first and second gens on the apple app store... Think about it, Nintendo currently isnt making any money off of these games and if they put them on the appstore at a price of like $2 they would almost instantly be at the top of the Top25 paid apps. I don't think Nintendo would ever do this but i see it as a win/win situation for pokemon fans and Nintendo.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Oh yes defenitely! Especially if it also inludeded wi-fi, but ONLY for battling, and also wireless for that. I'd buy an 3DS for it.

Back