• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like to see R/B/Y & G/S/C in the eShop?

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    It would be awesome if First Generation Pokemon has been re-localized so that we (outside of Japan) actually have 4 First Generation games (Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow) if it's going to be on a virtual console.

Sadly, it isn't going to happen.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I have Red, plus FR/LG. Dont need that.
    Got the G/S/C, plus HG. Thats enough Johto.

However, I would be eternally grateful if they put in Pokemon Yellow. That is my all-time favorite game, and I recently lost it, so being able to replay it would bring tears to my nostalgic eyes :3

^ I would really love to see Pokémon Yellow on the eShop, since it has never been remade, and it's amazing :>. I would definitely like it better if Yellow was put on the eShop rather than Red and Blue or Gold and Silver.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Late September they may be releasing R/S/E/FR/LG. Unconfirmed ofcourse, but Nintendo is adding a massive amount of GBA games to the eShop for the 3DS as a customer appreciation deal. Very small chance that they may add them to it.

As for R/B/Y/G/S/C If they would have I think they would have done it by now knowing how big Pokemon is it would have boosted the sales a little more than what they have now. I hope they do as I loved Yellow and Crystal and really want to play those two again, but its hard to say.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Heck yes I would,I never really got the chance,to fully enjoy yellow,I only played it for 20 minutes,so that would be so amazing,though I hope they don't add the current trading when have today,but just make it abit diffrent.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Your post honestly doesn't make any sense to me.

FR/LG only account for Red/Blue, yet HG/SS account for Gold/Silver and Crystal somehow? I know that HG/SS incorporated some of Crystal's features, but there are still differences, particularly in the female protagonist.

Yellow will never get a "remake" because Nintendo doesn't seem to care to remake the third edition of each game.

The only difference between Crystal and Gold/Silver was that you chased Suicune around the region rather than having to meet one of the two great birds. HeartGold and SoulSilver added Suicune's story into the main Gold and Silver story so HG/SS covers all three games from that Generation. So there really isn't a need for a new Crystal as it was added in with HG/SS.

SoopahScizor

The Master of Steel
    Years
    True, but the whole idea of the eShop is to release older games for older consoles such as the GB, besides some people prefere the older to the remakes.

I agree 100%, I played the older games before the remakes. I prefer the older games to the remakes (I do like FRLG though)

Years
    I hope Nintendo does, but I doubt they will. They tend to assume that all Pokemon fans only play the latest games, and they probably expect everyone to have forgotten all about Kanto, and to only remember Johto because of the recent release of HeartGold and SoulSilver. It's all about the "latest and greatest." Have you ever wondered why we don't have Stadium 1 and 2 on the Wii Virtual Console?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i would love to have them on the eshop. i would buy them all instantly. i love those games but i always have to go find my gameboy if i want to play them. plus on the 2nd gen the battery is dead so i get that annoying message all the time

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Actually, I don't see why they couldn't put in R/S/E now, seeing as GBA games have now been confirmed, I think it would be a good idea if they could release them to try to promote the future remakes. (that is if there are going to be some)

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    The only difference between Crystal and Gold/Silver was that you chased Suicune around the region rather than having to meet one of the two great birds.

Not true, Crystal added many other things. Like the female trainer, which is major for me.

Yellow was an game playing on the anime's massive popularity back at that time. I don't think too many people would have been happy if they had made FR/LG resemble Yellow/the anime.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I'm sorry, but a release on the eShop will never happen. eShop games can't communicate with one-another, and the pinnacle of the main series of Pokemon games is the connectivity features. Pokemon simply wouldn't be Satoshi Tariji's vision of they were to nix Pokemon trading. Also, introducing the old games in their old format again would financially hurt Gamefreak. Strategically, having poor technology during the time of manufacturing Generation I, II, and to a lesser extent, III games, is really working out in Gamefreak's favor. Not only are those games likely to break (or the systems they play on- who wasn't bummed when the Nintendo DS was no longer backwards compatible with Game Boy and Game Boy Color Games, and infuriated that the Nintendo DSi didn't even have a Game Boy Advanced slot?), but the few games that still do work (and the rare few that are still in mint condition) will exponentially raise in value. Sure, Pokemon trainers from the 90's will miss the 16-bit graphics, crudely-designed Pokemon sprites, and eerie Lavender Town 16-bit music, but newer usually means better.

And I have to say, Gamefreak is getting a lot better at revamping remakes. Compare FireRed and LeafGreen to HeartGold and SoulSilver. When I was younger, I had no reason to buy FireRed. But, upon the release of HeartGold, it was a must-have now that they included new Pokemon, new areas, and especially the long sought-after feature of having your Pokemon follow you around in the overworld.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    I emulate the 1st through 3rd generations perfectly on my PSP, so I don't need to buy them if they were released. But it would still be good for people without PSPs. Releasing the 1st and 2nd generations would show they care, so it'd be nice.

I heard they will also (or already have) make old games 3Dified. So I think they can make small edits. It'd be a stretch, but I can imagine they will emulate the link cable with wireless communication. Only time will tell.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I emulate the 1st through 3rd generations perfectly on my PSP, so I don't need to buy them if they were released. But it would still be good for people without PSPs. Releasing the 1st and 2nd generations would show they care, so it'd be nice.

I have a PSP, but I'm not going to do such illegal things. (Not trying to sound like a snob, I just want to point that out.)

And yeah, Nintendo's taking a lot of liberties with their 3D Classics line. It's been announced that the NES games that are coming in the Ambassador's program will have multiplayer. I've heard they aren't even a part of the 3D Classics line?

I don't see why Nintendo couldn't work something out for the Pokemon games. Pokemon games have always been a must-have for every Nintendo portable. It would just seem flat out odd if they weren't included.

For me, if I hadn't gotten Pokemon Red, I seriously doubt I would have ever taken portable consoles seriously. Pokemon games pretty much made portable gaming for me. So them not being added on there would just flat out be wrong. If they can do this connectivity for NES games on the 3DS, than they can do it for Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Not true, Crystal added many other things. Like the female trainer, which is major for me.

Yellow was an game playing on the anime's massive popularity back at that time. I don't think too many people would have been happy if they had made FR/LG resemble Yellow/the anime.

And Female characters have been a pickable gender ever since. Which is in Heart Gold and Soul Silver so yes Crystal was in Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Which means there isn't any point in a re-release other than for nostalgia.

...And on the topic of Yellow...I suddenly fear the 3rd copy to Gen 5 is gunna be another Anime spoof. Sorry off topic ending.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    Yes, definitely. I want to be able to play my old favorites! I just hope they release them exactly as they were. They'll probably remove Missingno. and other glitches, but I can dream.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    It's not illegal if you own the system and games. Homebrew itself is a touchy subject, but it's not illegal.

No, it is illegal. I don't want to turn this into a debate. I'll just say you can argue whether it is ethical or not, but the
    legality is not up for debate.

Back