• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you play a Pokémon game that had Facebook posting capabilities?

Would you play a Pokémon game that had Facebook posting capabilities?

• yes

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • no

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • would you play a Pokémon game that had Facebook posting capabilities? like it will post to your profile when you catch a Pokémon, get a Gym Badge, level up, or other significant events completed in the Pokémon game, and if you battle a friend on Facebook it would post that you beat (or was beaten by) that friend and would appear on both your profiles.

Would you play a Pokémon game with that capabilities?

myself, I would...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • They actually have a game that resembles Pokemon but without the complex battling factors.

For myself, I would. I got tons of friends on Facebook that enjoys Pokemon and with that feature, we would be able to track what our friends would be doing and such.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • Well, I don't have Facebook (deleted it) and all I would be doing with such a game is spamming everyone's news feed on my progress!
    Rather, I would have a dedicated Pokemon site which shows your progress. I believe Nintendo is implementing such a thing in Pokemon X & Y Global link features? It doesn't have automatic posts, but it has a timeline that updates when you use game sync for all to see.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yes.

They would probably give you an option to dis enable it anyways. I don't care that people know I play pokemon, but I do care about it spamming my timeline and my friends. I would still play though.

If you couldn't dis enable it and had to use facebook, I would just make a new account to avoid spamming my friends and my timeline.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Not specifically because of them, no. I've always considered just spamming Twitter every few seconds with an update on my progress through a new game from start to end, but then I thought by the end of it I really wouldn't have any friends xD.
    Plus the way News Feed works the last thing I would want is pokémon notifications overriding anything that was actually managing to get through about my friends etc.

But if it was a decent-looking game, and there was an option to disable automatic updates, then sure.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I hate my Facebook timeline or news feed being spammed by annoying "post status updates every two seconds in case anyone cares" people, and I'd hate a Facebook compatible Pokemon facility. I think it's just totally selling out to a stupid social network like that. It's ridiculous really.

So I guess my answer is no. :L

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I wouldn't. I don't want to clog my Facebook and become one of THOSE people that sends requests and such all the time. I don't mind people knowing I play Pokemon, I just don't want to clog everyone's activity stream with it, or my profile. It's not aesthetically pleasing and I'm not fond of Facebook games in general anyway.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • If it actually linked up to facebook, heck no, screw that noise.

If it's just like it... well, idk. I am not really a fan of that sort of thing either. I prefer it just being an optional thing in the same vein as say they way Animal Crossing does it - allows you to take pictures in game and if you so choose upload it to the internet to share with others.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    HOLY ****ING YES!!!! Who wouldnt?
    Derpity Derpity Derp

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • I definitely wouldn't. I hate Facebook integration on games. It spams people with invites/messages and doesn't seem all that useful to me.

Not to mention I don't use facebook all that much to begin with. I'm more of a Twitter person.

Years
  • Of course I would play it, I mean it's a new Pokemon game, right? Besides, it wouldn't be like you'd HAVE to use the feature. Anyway, given the fact that Miiverse is hitting the 3DS in the near future, there's pretty much no reason to have Facebook integration.
    I tend to stick to Twitter anyway.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Miiverse would be a better system, I feel. Allows for screenshots and drawings and fits with the miis and so forth.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • Eh, Depends what kind of Pokemon game it would be. I don't think it would be completely necessary.. Do you mean a Pokemon game ON Facebook..?

I don't think i would let it post notifications to my wall however.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • Eww no I hate Facebook. I'd play the game but I wouldn't use the posting capabilities, in fact I don't use them for any game with posting capabilities.

Sirfetch’d

No because I don't use Facebook and even if I did I would want to keep that separate. Not because I don't want people to know I play Pokemon, but just because it seems kinda pointless to me.

Years
  • I'd imagine you would be able to disable these features, right? If so I'd definitely play it but would feel annoyed if it were forced, though not enough to stop me from playing, I suppose. I don't even use Facebook so I would have no problem with it posting things to my friend-less and dead account. :D

Back