• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you rather be...

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
Years
  • I'd want to be deaf if I had to chose. I already really don't like sound much as it is so I may as well get rid of one of my main annoyances straight off. I wouldn't have music any more, but I wouldn't mind, it'd get rid of firework bangs and sirens on ambulances/police cars/fire engines. I'd be happy enough. I don't talk much, but I really think I've already been in my silent mode of life from when I was younger of not talking for a year and a half, so really I could manage that without being mute.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Blind is obviously the worst possible choice there as no one would ever want to loose there vision/ have panic attacks as you are not able to see anything (I'm surprised some one has pick blind, who would want to live their life in darkness?) I would pick Mute so TV is still an option, and I like Writing anyway :P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My first thought was 'BLIND!', because I love music, and sounds, and hearing things spoken, languages, etc.

But then.. thinking about it, it would be easier to function if I were mute. :/

I'd still be able to read (normally), what things, be online, see people, etc.

That really is a toss up though, because I love music that much. xD;

Yeah. Blind. orz

Years
  • Probably blind.

I love music too much to not be able to sing. I also think blind people see the world in ways we can't, no matter how illogical or oxymoronic that may sound. Like Stevie Wonder.

Years
  • Well, when we loose one of our senses, the brain compensates and increases the abilities of the others. Remember that. People who are blind, have incredibly acute hearing, and Vice-versa.

So I'd pick mute, because I value my cognitive functions, sight and hearing too much. I can live without talking. xD

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • Um... mute and dumb are the same thing. Unless you're referring to the "stupid" kind of dumb.

Anyway, I would rather be mute. I don't talk much unless I'm with my friends, and they know me so well by now that words aren't even necessary for most things.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Dumb, because I can always type what I want to express, however, I have a good speaking voice, so I'll sacrifice smell, even if that wasn't an option. :x I like seeing pretty things and I love music, so... yeah. XD;

Years
  • I would probably pick being mute. However, even though I'm fairly quiet, I would probably not realize how much I would miss talking until it was actually gone (as with being blind and deaf). I wouldn't want to be deaf though, because then it makes speech useless to you, and you'll virtually be mute anyways.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • Hmm probably mute or deaf. At least with them both you can still see and communicate with writing or sign language but Mute is probably better

Can you imagine if you were all 4 of those things :|

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I would like to be mute because I am real good at charades.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Mute, because if you go deaf you wind up forgetting how to talk anyway, and going blind would suck. Also, being dumb would be lame.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I really would want any of them XD
    But for all the reasons Zeebedoo said, I'll pick Mute.

Back