• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you see the anime if it was based on special????/

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd see the anime if it was based on Pokemon Special. There are very few anime out directed toward teenagers. Those that are get turned into a child-like kind of show (except for Bleach, Death Note, etc) by the companies that dub things in either language. Pokemon Special makes that nearly impossible with all the violent scenes and mature theming.

Besides, there are some characters I want to be animated, like Silver, Gold, and Yellow and, like OokamiShipper said, see shirtless Red :D.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • I have something I want to see...the part where Red went shirtless shippy moments of course!

Oh god, I don't think I can...xD

YES YES!! MUAHAHAHAHA! God I'm so evil lol, but I would be really down with the pokespe version of the anime..... if that ever happens.

Sea Guardian

A Kitsune who watches the Sea
    Years
  • Now that you guys mention it I think the fillers and dubs would kill me inside. Especially if the do them as bad as Naruto.
    I have something I want to see...the part where Red went shirtless shippy moments of course!
    <3 Shirtless Red... <3
    Oh god, I don't think I can...xD
    Lol, sorry for the disturbing image.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • If it features an animated flannery wading around in the hot spa and coming out with only a towel im in! Otherwise if they kill it no no no. But imagine the animated epciness of the badge machine. Kind of all dbz but pokemon at the same moment. Oh i need it now apparently.

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    If it features an animated flannery wading around in the hot spa and coming out with only a towel im in! Otherwise if they kill it no no no.

My thoughts are that even if they kill it and it's horrible and there's fifty billion fillers, at least it'll be amusing to giggle at :'D

PSM

I LIKE CUPCAKES >:D
    Years
  • Oh gosh. That would depend. I'd see it just to see how good it is, and I'd judged whether to wake up at saturdays just to watch it. And if they change the plot (by not switching main characters because one can only take so much red) and their voice actors (If ruby ends up sounding like a wanna be girl or a buff guy I'm gunna FREAK )

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2009
    Yes. It would be cooler than "recycling" the old Ash on anime for every single generation.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Would you like Pokémon Special to become an Anime

Well just as the title says, would you, and if so what changes would you think should be added to it so that the episodes are longer, in fact should they fuse different chapters to create one whole episode or just make an episode out of every chapter there is.

If you don't you can just say I reason why you don't want to.

I personally would like it since, well we need a better Pokémon anime and I think that considering all the action the manga has it'll be cool if we could see it in motion and it'll be cool if we could actually see the characters talking and moving like if they were real

Beco

That guy...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012
    It woud certainly make the manga more popular, and maybe Pokémon as a whole. It might be just me but the current anime is just to childish and repetitive to entertain.

Every episode could contain one chapter, and it could maybe add to the manga, longer battles, more character interaction etc...

mbc2085

Mew
    Years
  • Dude your tresspassing what i wrote. i already created same thread with same topic look for it

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
    Years
  • Dude your tresspassing what i wrote. i already created same thread with same topic look for it

I think you're confusing "trespassing" for some other word.

Regardless, your thread is pretty old now. Bumping it would be thread necromancy, which is frowned upon in most parts of the interweb.

As for the topic itself, no, I don't want to see a Pokemon Special anime. I think it works well just fine as a manga; some things just wouldn't transition well like that. Do I wish the anime took more inspiration from the manga? Heck yeah. But overall, they should be seperate.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
  • It'd be cool, but I really would only want Pokemon Special to be released regularly in America again (or faster scans of whats out there XD)

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Regardless, your thread is pretty old now. Bumping it would be thread necromancy, which is frowned upon in most parts of the interweb.

As for the topic itself, no, I don't want to see a Pokemon Special anime. I think it works well just fine as a manga; some things just wouldn't transition well like that. Do I wish the anime took more inspiration from the manga? Heck yeah. But overall, they should be seperate.

I really couldn´t see anything bad on necromancy. o_Ô

Well. I would support any attempt to make eiter the anime more matured or to make an new anime which shouldn´t be exactly Pokemon Special but should recline to it, showing the Pokemon World as a more dangerous place.

Back