• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you see the anime if it was based on special????/

Years
  • It would be better if the manga was an anime because its better than the anime series they got now. The adventures of Red, Gold, and Ruby are more realistic and deadly than the mild story of Pokemon with Ash. I'm still waiting for Diamond and Pearl to come out in english.

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
  • I'd love the manga to become an anime! The current Pokemon anime sucks, and kinda disgraces Pokemon as a whole. The manga is the best Pokemon franchise (aside from the games of course), and if lame people from my school knew how awesome it was, Pokemon would be less of a childish laughing stock to scummy American teens. Viz, you are EVIL!!!! The only good you haven't deprived me of is MÄR and Tenchi Muyo!!

Um, any way Pokemon Special would be sweet as anime. I've already thought of how to do it!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Nah, not really. There are plenty of Pokémon spin-offs out there. Besides, it should just be left in the manga. I like it and all, but meh.​

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
  • I agree with Shinjislover... An anime based on the manga would be nice, but would they really go back to Kanto and do away with the hundreds of episodes made earlier?

I don't think so...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • Age 36
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    That would be awesome!

Simply because it's a break from the norm, (Ash-tachi) and would probably be a bit darker.. seems better for older fans.

I'd love to see the manga special made into an anime. :3

It would give me a reason to watch the anime again, because I don't care for DP.. unless maybe Shinji is in the episode. o_O

Mitja K

Dattebayo!
    Years
  • Nah it should stay as it is. The Anime is good, but not awesome, hey nobody is perfect:). The Anime should just have some more spice, like more romance (not that with Brock) and Drama.

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
  • I'd love to see it. But the fact is, they wouldn't air it probably anywhere else than in Japan. They didn't even want Dawn to wear the clothes she is now, in the English version. They were thinking of giving her long sleeves and PANTS. But minds were eventually changed..

To reveal breasts, people getting pregnant, people dying, blood shed and all of that would be a definite OHNOES to American public. People tried to get NARUTO taken off the air because of the character Gaara.

It would definitely only be for release on DVD and never appear on television if they did make an English version. Which is crappy but fans who really want to see it could buy the DVD or watch subbed Japanese episodes--that could work out.

However, more on topic of if/why I would watch it, I certainly would. I get the feeling Blue's using a Gameshark somehow, she's an incredibly awesome character. Yellow's absolutely adorable.. and I think even Platina is a bit cuter than Dawn. Red--sure.. he's not Ash. But Silver completely blows Paul out of the water. I would absolutely LOVE to see it! And to have them fix the whole thing about changing Blue's name to green/leaf would be perfect.

Oh, but you can only dream.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
  • idk...never read the manga, but heard it has better story.

I just dont get much satisfaction from still pictures as much as I do from animation and audio. Thats just me....though I can pick up captain america once in a while, because I never see this guy nowadays.

I'd love to see it. But the fact is, they wouldn't air it probably anywhere else than in Japan. They didn't even want Dawn to wear the clothes she is now, in the English version. They were thinking of giving her long sleeves and PANTS. But minds were eventually changed..

To reveal breasts, people getting pregnant, people dying, blood shed and all of that would be a definite OHNOES to American public. People tried to get NARUTO taken off the air because of the character Gaara.

It would definitely only be for release on DVD and never appear on television if they did make an English version. Which is crappy but fans who really want to see it could buy the DVD or watch subbed Japanese episodes--that could work out.

However, more on topic of if/why I would watch it, I certainly would. I get the feeling Blue's using a Gameshark somehow, she's an incredibly awesome character. Yellow's absolutely adorable.. and I think even Platina is a bit cuter than Dawn. Red--sure.. he's not Ash. But Silver completely blows Paul out of the water. I would absolutely LOVE to see it! And to have them fix the whole thing about changing Blue's name to green/leaf would be perfect.

Oh, but you can only dream.

Adult Swim...Sci Fi's animonday block.....w/e happened to anime unleashed on G4? :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    No worries, a non-flatchested Yellow doesn't really get to me anymore.

Well, if Yellow wouldn´t be flat-chested, even Red should notice she´s not a boy... (Which means a lot, doesn´t it? ^^) So it would be unreal, even in a typical anime. xD

Fiery Fiend : Jazz

Johto Trainer
    Years
  • Of course I'd watch it!
    Pokemon anime with Ash is what ruined pokemon in the first place
    What with all that slow-talkingness of everyone
    It was almost like Paou-kay-maaaun everytime they said the word

Yeah and they could have all those chapters called the last battle or the final battle as movies, that'll be sweet

Back